Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd like to see the Chiefs offense continue looking good today. As long as that happens I'll be relatively happy even though I expect the Steelers to bounce back with a vengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, that KC punt return all around.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mahomes 2 Conley :toot:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

I see Mahomes got started early

There was a hilarious punt return where Hill was deep but the Steelers kicked it short and DeAnthony Thomas was back there about halfway. He almost fumbled it back to the Steelers but ended up returning it to the 10, so it wasn't much of a drive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Start Byard over Gabbert, for reals.

Logan Woodside? Or did I miss something about Byard who is a safety isn't he?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sammy Watkins building some rapport with Mahomes would be good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Chiefs cutting through Pittsburgh's D like a hot knife through butter.

Pittsburgh's offense has looked awful through two drives, both three and outs.

This is not the start to this game I expected. Especially that Pitt O vs KC D part.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

He threw the ball on the fake punt for a touchdown.

Ah, gotcha.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

there's still plenty of time but I thought this was gonna be one of those games where Ben dropped like 400+ yards and 5 TDs after playing like total dogshit the week before, since he always does that poo poo

Yeah this is 100% what I expected. Like you said there's still time though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

belt posted:

Ahh yes, this is the KC defense I expected.

Wonder if Ragland is still hurt or if he's just reverted to being pretty bad again. He didn't look good last week either.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Substandard posted:

Time to see if the Chiefs can walk down the field again. Maybe #10 needs a look this drive?

I'm actually kinda digging spreading the ball around so far this week. I trust that Hill is good and I know Kelce is good. But Watkins getting mixed in and Conley gifted a TD is nice too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

There is like zero resistance from Pittsburgh on defense this is hilarious

Mahomes got hit once. I think that's the only thing they've done right so far and it still probably would have been a TD if Kelce and Mahomes were thinking the same thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:laffo: at everything about that Pittsburgh fumble/Chiefs "return"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

:laffo: at everything about that Pittsburgh fumble/Chiefs "return"

It doesn't count and I still can't do anything but laugh at that play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'll get this in here early just in case. I don't really expect it to happen because it's not a home playoff game--where I absolutely would expect it to happen--but the Chiefs looking unstoppable early and going way up only to lose to a giant Pittsburgh comeback would be a very KC/Pittsburgh thing to happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mmm, if there was another yard for Mahomes to step up into that might have been really pretty.

As it is Pittsburgh's got a chance at a score followed by a stop.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The Bills literally will not score a touchdown all year. It will be a tremendous achievement.

To be fair even with the untimely and gruesome death of Joey Bosa the Chargers defense oughtta be pretty solid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So does the Chiefs defense suck?

It is loving abysmal. The secondary has one good player in it until Berry gets back, and that's assuming Berry comes back anything like he used to be.

e: Or comes back at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Was that an old man Gore TD I saw the Colts score or was it someone else?

Oops he's with the Dolphins now, I completely forgot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think the Steelers remembered the Chiefs defense is real bad after that not-fumble.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missed FG and missed XP for the Steelers kicker.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

They're pretty bad. Rivers would've thrown for like 500 yards last week if it wasn't for a few really bad drops by Benjamin and Tyrell Williams, and the Steelers are now in desperation "gently caress it throw on every down now" mode.

At least. He threw for 424 or something and the Chargers dropped like 160 yards worth of passes. But a couple of those happened on the same drives.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That probably shoulda been a Hines Ward call on the Steelers there.

Even if it was called it still would have been a first down of course.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Andy Reid should be embarrassed. Has he ever blown a 21 point lead?

These types of things aren't even worth comment anymore unless they happen in the playoffs honestly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think that was actually a catch by Conner, not that it matters at all. Looks like his second foot touches down OOB before the hand comes down.

But it's way cooler for him to get credit for it anyway since that was damned impressive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Unless they changed the rule and I missed it Fouts is wrong and that's a fine TD for the Steelers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think Fouts is just wrong/thinking of an old version of the rule. I believe you need to have your entire body across the line of scrimmage for it to be an illegal forward pass and the ball doesn't matter at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

According to some beat writers on twitter that is correct

Yeah I believe they changed this after bottlegate to make it easier on the refs. It used to be the ball which is what Fouts was going on about, but it's easier to tell if the whole body is past than try to determine exactly when the ball is released.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

I don't understand why you don't even try to give it to Hill there.

Mahomes claims he can try a hail mary after a touchback.

I guess it's probably wise to not open him up to a hit on a like .01% chance play in a tie game, although I'd have liked to see it too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

Down 13 points this feels like the game is over. Our offense looks just...off and fitzmagic is carving us up.

Who didn't have the Bucs starting the season off at 2-0?

Really though who had the Bucs starting the season off at any record other than 0-2?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

oldgoatmon posted:

asking because I dont know not to complain

is it only a horsecollar if you bring them down via it or are you not allowed to grab them there at all

I believe you have to bring them to the ground by it. You can grab and let go and it isn't a penalty I'm fairly sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mahomes is going to have a chance at something like that Brady stat that was going around last year or the year before. Where he's one of the best QBs in the league maybe behind one or two other guys + whoever the Chiefs are playing against in any particular week.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just hang on to Ben and hope he doesn't throw it anyway, don't try to hit him low and let him juke you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh my god the Steelers are getting bailed out of that too.

Yeah that's pass interference though, even though it was a terrible loving throw that would have been picked if he'd never touched Brown.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
From the angle they showed that call would probably stand as whatever it was on the field either way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tim Whatley posted:

I want the Steelers to go 0-0-2

Frankly with these teams it'd be more impressive for neither team to score a TD on their opening drive in OT and then not score again for 15 minutes than it would for the Steelers to go 0-0-2.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

Pittsburgh "call stands" Steelers

To be fair that was a super lovely angle if the one they showed was all they had.

What happened to the pylon cam? Only for SNF/certain games?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Serious question because I can't tell: is the Steeler's D supposed to be good?

Good pass rush if things are going well I think? Not sure about anything else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That should be overturned unless I missed a bobble.

That'd be the...7th different player Mahomes has thrown a TD to in 2 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Power of Pecota posted:

How the gently caress is that not a TD

Ref that overturned it thought the third foot down was actually the second and was out of bounds is all I can think. Again, unless someone saw a bobble somewhere.

• Locked thread