Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 16 - Skyrim Wilds

Second piece of the Staff of Chaos in hand, we take some time to explore outside the cities and towns of Skyrim, as well as determine where we need to go next.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 17 - A Sticky Situation

The elves of Valenwood have a serious problem that goes by the name of Selene. She likes spiders and undead. Maybe even undead spiders, if such a thing exists.

Natty
Jan 23, 2009

This is one of those games I think I would find intensely frustrating to actually play (especially the almost always worthless loot!), but it's very enjoyable to watch.

I'm a huge Morrowind fan and it's interesting to see what came before. Definitely can see the beginnings of systems that would eventually be much more fleshed out in the following games.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

rojogames posted:

The elves of Valenwood have a serious problem that goes by the name of Selene. She likes spiders and undead. Maybe even undead spiders, if such a thing exists.
Just in Warcraft. Elder Scrolls has demon spiders, though!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 18 - Stolen Heart

We make our way down to the second level of Selene's Web and are confronted with mazes and monsters.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 19 - To Elden Grove

We finish up our exploration of Selene's Web and get a small glimpse of Elden Grove, a dungeon that seems to offer a very different aesthetic from what we've seen so far.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 20 - The Mist Has Eyes

We explore deeper into Elden Grove, but many foes stalk its grounds unseen, and the grove seems to have a mind of its own.

This has definitely been my favorite 'dungeon' so far, and I can easily imagine how incredibly atmospheric it could feel in a modern Elder Scrolls game.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 21 - Valenwood Wilds

We adventure into the wilderness of Valenwood, and have an opportunity to experience the sunset.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 22 - The Infinium Resurfaces

The Infinium reappears in Tamriel, and we must seek it out to gain yet more power.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 23 - Feeling Lucky

We travel to High Rock and search for the Infinium once again.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 24 - The Temple of Agamanus

A temple of warrior priests has attacked a mage's guild in Elsweyr, taking a stone tablet that the mages unearthed and claiming it was stolen from them.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 25 - The Temple's Lower Levels

We continue to search the temple, with some unfortunate difficulty.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Unfortunately my current graphics card is in the process of dying. I have a new one on the way, but I might not get another Arena video out until this weekend. Just wanted to let you guys know.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 26 - Magickal Remodeling

We use our wits and a bit of magic to defeat the temple's final challenges.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 27 - Roaming the Halls

Having become quite wealthy, but only barely better equipped over the course of our recent adventures, we make our way to the Halls of Colossus to locate the fourth staff piece.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 28 - Counting Keys

We continue searching the colossal Halls of Colossus for the six keys we require.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 29 - Cursed Cipher

We track down the final key and are presented with an adventurer's worst nightmare: mathematics.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 30 - Elsweyr Wilds

We take some time to go over a few new spells and explore the wilderness of Elsweyr. We also seek direction for our next adventures.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 31 - The Ring of Phynaster

We set off to the ends of Tamriel to hunt down the fabled Ring of Phynaster, a powerful artifact that will increase our defenses substantially.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 32 - Mad God's Temple

In order to find the Crystal Tower we will have to aid a Summerset mage's guild in the recovery of a mystic gem able to discern the tower's location.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Like many other elements of lore that were fleshed out in the years after Arena, it's funny to see how things have changed over the years: in this case how the player has to go on a quest to obtain the secret location of the Crystal Tower, a place that was made one of the defining features of the Summerset Isles.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

radintorov posted:

Like many other elements of lore that were fleshed out in the years after Arena, it's funny to see how things have changed over the years: in this case how the player has to go on a quest to obtain the secret location of the Crystal Tower, a place that was made one of the defining features of the Summerset Isles.

Oh, cool...I haven't played very much of ESO, but it's a game I keep thinking I'd like to try a bit more of one of these days.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 33 - The Crystal Tower

We recover the gem required to locate the Crystal Tower, and take our first steps inside.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

rojogames posted:

Oh, cool...I haven't played very much of ESO, but it's a game I keep thinking I'd like to try a bit more of one of these days.
Well, it's not just in ESO, though it is a very important place in the Summerset expansion storyline.
I won't go into too much detail because TES lore is complex, but the Crystal Tower is one of a series of places of power that sort-of help keep the reality of Tamriel from unraveling.
It is interesting that its multi-planar nature was written all the way back in its Arena description, and it's location on the Arena map is approximately where they kept it in ESO as well.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

radintorov posted:

Well, it's not just in ESO, though it is a very important place in the Summerset expansion storyline.
I won't go into too much detail because TES lore is complex, but the Crystal Tower is one of a series of places of power that sort-of help keep the reality of Tamriel from unraveling.
It is interesting that its multi-planar nature was written all the way back in its Arena description, and it's location on the Arena map is approximately where they kept it in ESO as well.

Nice...it's great they came back to this game for a bit of lore, especially considering how light Arena seems to be on story compared to the more recent entries in the series.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 34 - The Climb Begins

We begin making our way to the upper floors of the Crystal Tower, but many of the monsters that reside within are among the most powerful we've ever faced.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 35 - The Bestiary

The next floor of the Crystal Tower seems to be a monster zoo of some sort, with at least one cell being particularly troubling.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 36 - The Fifth Piece

We quickly make our way to the fifth piece of the staff and work our way back out of the Crystal Tower.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 37 - Summerset Wilds

We take some time to explore the lands outside the cities of Summerset.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 38 - Getting Warmer

We travel to HIgh Rock to begin our search for the Crypt of Hearts, but it seems a local monk has gone a bit mad and stolen a crucial item that would reveal the Crypt's location.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 39 - Hidden Treasures

We continue to look for the stolen map that will lead us to the Crypt of Hearts, but our own map shows some suspicious nooks in the layout of the mine.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 40 - Deeper into the Mines

We venture deeper into the mines and come across some challenging encounters, including one type of monster I don't recall seeing before.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 26, 2019

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 41 - Fires of the Heart

We recover the map that we seek and take our first steps into the Crypt of Hearts.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 42 - A Foul Wind Blows

We press on, traveling deeper into the Crypt of Hearts, and apparently something stinks.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 43 - Hop, Skip, Jump

We make our way to the sixth piece of the staff, and Tharn has a message for us.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 44 - High Rock Wilds

We take some time to explore the wilderness of High Rock, and Ria gives us our next clue.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 45 - Vault of Rubble

We ask around about Murkwood, but as usual we must first plunder a different dungeon to discover its true location.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Still catching up on the playlist, but I'm excited for tes1!

rojogames posted:

ESO is the first game since Arena that lets you travel all over Tamriel, and the devs have included lots of Arena locations in the world map. The Crystal Tower has been mentioned, there's also Fang Lair, Selene's Web, and the Crypt of Hearts:

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 46 - Mists of Murkwood

Our time in the Vault of Gemin comes to an abrupt end. Soon after, we begin our exploration of Murkwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

count_von_count posted:

Still catching up on the playlist, but I'm excited for tes1!

ESO is the first game since Arena that lets you travel all over Tamriel, and the devs have included lots of Arena locations in the world map. The Crystal Tower has been mentioned, there's also Fang Lair, Selene's Web, and the Crypt of Hearts:

Seems like they updated the designs a bit, though that's not surprising. I imagine the layouts have changed a fair bit as well since the dungeons seem be a bit sparsely decorated or contextualized in Arena.