Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
white people love to tell you what you're not allowed to make jokes about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Frog Act posted:

imagine if you switched the word "white" with Jewish. people would get very upset, probably. its possible it would be trenchant commentary. maybe it would say something about society.

Imagine if you stopped posting

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Frog Act posted:

imagine if you switched the word "white" with Jewish. people would get very upset, probably. its possible it would be trenchant commentary. maybe it would say something about society.

Isn't that Larry David's thing? :confused:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so I guess this is the new hack comedian/SNL thread?

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Victory Position posted:

so I guess this is the new hack comedian/SNL thread?

*snl announcer voice* Tonight's musical act: Whiiiite peoplllle!!!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
as a cracker i find this thread offensive

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Thread like this make me miss Rudatron. Imagine the big rear end post he would make, and his sullen sulky attitude afterwards

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Replace 'white' with 'less rich than me' and it all makes sense.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

DeeplyConcerned posted:

as a cracker i find this thread offensive

:hai:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
white pepole

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Ocean Book posted:

white pepole

loving gross dude

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
why pee poe

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
europe was a mistake

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh
Because bougie white people in America are passive-aggressive and terrified of personal confrontation and it's funny to watch them squirm uncomfortably.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

too cowardly to do white genocide jokes, op

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
white people are a joke

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK
Probably because a bunch of white people are so fragile they can't take a joke. And this thread pretty much exemplifies that. White people are extremely easy to rile up and anger because of white fragility. Look how angry you're getting OP about people asking you:

Why did you watch the Emmy's? Dude, chill. Honestly, if you and the other folks here spent more time listening and less time thinking you're persecuted because of lame jokes while you control nearly every institution, government position, and fortune 500 business, have 90% of the wealth yet only make up 60% of the population, you'd see why people can make fun of your lilly white, snowflake rear end.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ScrubLeague posted:

white people love to tell you what you're not allowed to make jokes about

I was told I shouldn't joke about white genocide because "I don't think genocide is funny." Ok, but white genocide is, b*tch

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

White genocide jokes have never bothered me (in fact I've made some) the way the Emmys terrible cringeworthy racial humor did. Mostly because they're made by normal people mocking a lovely made up narrative that the alt right pushes in the face of a browning America, whereas watching a bunch of millionaires pat themselves on the back for so much more enlightened than working class America feels really gross.

Its like when Bernie or Chapo or whatever is in the news and the libs spam the comment section with dismissive "#mediocrewhiteman" insults. They know enough to know that America is a hosed up racist society but basically only use this knowledge to be just be nasty to people who don't really deserve it. I know this is because liberalism is incapable of truly achieving racial justice and engaging in spiteful online culture wars is the only true catharsis many people achieve (especially given our insane white nationalist president) but it still sucks

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mantis42 posted:

White genocide jokes have never bothered me (in fact I've made some) the way the Emmys terrible cringeworthy racial humor did. Mostly because they're made by normal people mocking a lovely made up narrative that the alt right pushes in the face of a browning America, whereas watching a bunch of millionaires pat themselves on the back for so much more enlightened than working class America feels really gross.

Its like when Bernie or Chapo or whatever is in the news and the libs spam the comment section with dismissive "#mediocrewhiteman" insults. They know enough to know that America is a hosed up racist society but basically only use this knowledge to be just be nasty to people who don't really deserve it. I know this is because liberalism is incapable of truly achieving racial justice and engaging in spiteful online culture wars is the only true catharsis many people achieve (especially given our insane white nationalist president) but it still sucks

pretty much. white/white genocide jokes are a good and fun but when its not being made to mock horrible racists or chuds and weird fucks like that and its just being used as an easy cop out instead of actually doing something to stop racial and income inequality, then gently caress it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I hope a giant steps on someone white!!!

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

my black (communist) friend

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

Broke: White people jokes
Woke: What if you switched white with jewish
Bespoke: What if you switched white with Asian

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

Probably because a bunch of white people are so fragile they can't take a joke. And this thread pretty much exemplifies that. White people are extremely easy to rile up and anger because of white fragility. Look how angry you're getting OP about people asking you:

Why did you watch the Emmy's? Dude, chill. Honestly, if you and the other folks here spent more time listening and less time thinking you're persecuted because of lame jokes while you control nearly every institution, government position, and fortune 500 business, have 90% of the wealth yet only make up 60% of the population, you'd see why people can make fun of your lilly white, snowflake rear end.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

The subtext to "lord give me the confidence of a mediocre white man" is that they want to be mediocre white men themselves. The liberal conception of liberation is that they too can have the privileges of the oppressing class.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I've known black communists,

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

big black communist knowers itt

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Thread like this make me miss Rudatron. Imagine the big rear end post he would make, and his sullen sulky attitude afterwards

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
see white guys, they drive a car like this

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The subtext to "lord give me the confidence of a mediocre white man" is that they want to be mediocre white men themselves. The liberal conception of liberation is that they too can have the privileges of the oppressing class.

dunno if it's even subtext, since it is a command statement

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS gently caress

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

The Kingfish posted:

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS gently caress

I think the caption is funny and the photo, too. It's why I keep it. Thank you for proving my point about these posters being fragile.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uhh dwuhh it's uh cus they wanna be more popular and hip and their dwuuh hypocrites

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

I think the caption is funny and the photo, too. It's why I keep it. Thank you for proving my point about these posters being fragile.

Do you really truly think the reason people don't like those jokes is that they feel disrespected as whites and not just becausethe jokes are lazy/unfunny

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jewel Repetition posted:

Do you really truly think the reason people don't like those jokes is that they feel disrespected as whites and not just becausethe jokes are lazy/unfunny

For quite a lot of white people, yes I do.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Why do whites tolerate white people jokes? It's like this weird noblesse oblige, the white liberal way of asserting their supremacy. "We're so high up the racial hierarchy that your words could literally never hurt us".

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

For quite a lot of white people, yes I do.

where the gently caress do you think you’re posting rn tho?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

when i just think a joke is lazy or unfunny i just ignore it, which is why i didnt talk about louis ck for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
white people love talking about their opinion on comedy

• Locked thread