Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

e: this is a bad thread

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 00:30 on Sep 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

e: my mom is the one watching the emmys, its on in the background

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 21:52 on Sep 19, 2018

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Streak posted:

It's a convenient change of subject from the elephant in the room: class war

I really do think its a way for rich liberals to feel like they're somehow subversive while being overly privileged. Same as constantly atheist signalling or whatever.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

what he said but unironically

people should stop making jokes about little dicks too, no one can help it

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

bearbaiter posted:

its because there's no white race to claim membership of without outing yourself as a neo nazi, so white ppl jokes offer unlimited risk-free edginess for bloodless liberals op

yea we all figured this out thanks tho

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

JESUS I already SAID that I live with my MOM and she was the one WATCHING the g-ddamn EMMYS

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

really qu**r Christmas posted:

why can’t white people curse

i put the f bomb in the thread title, I just refuse to take G-d's name in vain.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

White genocide jokes have never bothered me (in fact I've made some) the way the Emmys terrible cringeworthy racial humor did. Mostly because they're made by normal people mocking a lovely made up narrative that the alt right pushes in the face of a browning America, whereas watching a bunch of millionaires pat themselves on the back for so much more enlightened than working class America feels really gross.

Its like when Bernie or Chapo or whatever is in the news and the libs spam the comment section with dismissive "#mediocrewhiteman" insults. They know enough to know that America is a hosed up racist society but basically only use this knowledge to be just be nasty to people who don't really deserve it. I know this is because liberalism is incapable of truly achieving racial justice and engaging in spiteful online culture wars is the only true catharsis many people achieve (especially given our insane white nationalist president) but it still sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Guys I apologize for making this thread, it was a dumb idea. Make whatever joke you want.

• Locked thread