Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

too cowardly to do white genocide jokes, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ScrubLeague posted:

white people love to tell you what you're not allowed to make jokes about

I was told I shouldn't joke about white genocide because "I don't think genocide is funny." Ok, but white genocide is, b*tch

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

White genocide jokes have never bothered me (in fact I've made some) the way the Emmys terrible cringeworthy racial humor did. Mostly because they're made by normal people mocking a lovely made up narrative that the alt right pushes in the face of a browning America, whereas watching a bunch of millionaires pat themselves on the back for so much more enlightened than working class America feels really gross.

Its like when Bernie or Chapo or whatever is in the news and the libs spam the comment section with dismissive "#mediocrewhiteman" insults. They know enough to know that America is a hosed up racist society but basically only use this knowledge to be just be nasty to people who don't really deserve it. I know this is because liberalism is incapable of truly achieving racial justice and engaging in spiteful online culture wars is the only true catharsis many people achieve (especially given our insane white nationalist president) but it still sucks

The subtext to "lord give me the confidence of a mediocre white man" is that they want to be mediocre white men themselves. The liberal conception of liberation is that they too can have the privileges of the oppressing class.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I wasn’t saying honky, I was say honki with the I

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

white people think observational comedy too spicy 🌶

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

*nodding in approval at Seinfeld’s joke about how dads hate anybody who touches the thermostat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

white people be like "I want socialized healthcare so I can get care if I'm unemployed" lmao

• Locked thread