Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Last twenty years , qbs with 300+ passes and under 3% int and td rates (i.e scared to make throws) , sorted by TD%

Kent Graham
Dan Orlovsky
Charlie Whitehurst
Chad Hutchinson
Ryan Mallett
Brooks Bollinge
Jacoby Brissett
Brodie Croyle
Mitch Trubisky
Cleo Lemon
Tom Savage
Jimmy Clausen
Akili Smith

Mitch is the only one over 60% on completion, middle of the pack on int rate.

Jacoby Brissett is a flat out better qb and brings more to the table for all the read option plays . Make the trade pace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick Reads is up and focused on Mahomes' hot start and how similar QB's with insane first two games ended up: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2018/week-2-quick-reads

quote:

2. From the Tampa Bay 49 to the Philadelphia end zone, Fitzpatrick went 8-for-8 for 100 yards and a pair of scores. Two of those completions went for touchdowns, four others went for first downs, and another would have too if Mike Evans hadn't fumbled the ball away.

Worst Receiver: None of Demaryius Thomas' catches gained more than 7 yards or a first down; only two were successful plays. Only 24 WR/TE games on record have hit -64 DYAR, so this will likely be the worst game for a receiver we see all year -- which is especially amazing because Thomas didn't even fumble.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

:shobon:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1041783464712957953

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

Jacoby Brissett is a flat out better qb and brings more to the table for all the read option plays . Make the trade pace

Unless you think he's far better at making the correct read or something I don't understand this. Brissett's a little bigger and maybe stronger, Trubisky is much faster and generally all around a better athlete. I'd argue he's easily the better rushing quarterback.

I mean that doesn't make him the better quarterback, but that particular thing doesn't seem to be a point in Brissett's favor.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Browns.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1042073110827212800

:laffo:

gently caress the Steelers forever

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Brandin Cooks is on pace for 96 catches for 1968 yards and no TDs
Patrick Mahomes is on pace to be 304/440 for 4656 yards, 80 TDs, no INTs
Ryan Fitzpatrick is on pace to be 384/488 for 6552 yards, 64 TDs, 8 INTs

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grittybeard posted:

Unless you think he's far better at making the correct read or something I don't understand this. Brissett's a little bigger and maybe stronger, Trubisky is much faster and generally all around a better athlete. I'd argue he's easily the better rushing quarterback.

I mean that doesn't make him the better quarterback, but that particular thing doesn't seem to be a point in Brissett's favor.

Yeah I don't think Mitch sees the field as well so if you're going to run all the silly option plays do it with someone who has eyes

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Josh Gordon finally got 100% clean and sober in 2017... and realized he was on the Browns :stonk::piss:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not shocked

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The buccs should embrace the Fitz cycle even knowing it's going to happen because their QB is a rapist and trash human being and this is a great excuse to ditch him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fitz is playing lights out so he keeps the job until he falters, and you tell Jameis that, hey dumbass, don't get suspended and give guys a chance to treat your job like it's a bucket of crab legs.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

I don't like this.

I don't like this at all!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

You know he's going to the Patriots right?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm excited for the New England Patriots to acquire Antonio Brown and Dez Bryant today

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanted to root for the Browns, honestly I did

But gently caress them forever for trading Gordon to the Patriots. What in the actual gently caress is wrong with them

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

I wanted to root for the Browns, honestly I did

But gently caress them forever for trading Gordon to the Patriots. What in the actual gently caress is wrong with them

Maybe Cajuste hid an enchanted crystal somewhere just to gently caress with them.

I'm still wondering why you pick Baker over Sam. I remember Darnold seriously considering staying at USC just to avoid having to go play for the Browns, and then he lucked out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1041710739642376193

That is a former Steelers employee, apparently.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Nice moment from Sunday’s game

https://twitter.com/bandgtoday/status/1041718102185132034?s=21

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
It's amazing for a town that prides itself as a blue collar union town that by and large its full of scabs who always take the boss' side over the workers

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

That is a former Steelers employee, apparently.

That makes sense, you'd about have to be to have a take that dumb.

This is awesome all around.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1042088667261460480

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I hope on Sunday, Josh Gordon and Golden Tate can do the same as fellow team cancer survivors.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

achillesforever6 posted:

It's amazing for a town that prides itself as a blue collar union town that by and large its full of scabs who always take the boss' side over the workers

Welcome to America.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Did we get a graydick verification?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Did we get a graydick verification?

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/954432250887770112

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:munch:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So Steelers :fork: y/n?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Vance Joseph for Mike Tomlin

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hah, okay, I get it the weird drama story around the Pats last year was super popular so the world's running a repeat of that, but I was not expecting a weird Trump prostitution tie in for Big Ben.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

waah posted:

So Steelers :fork: y/n?

nah, not quite yet imo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm watching highlights of the NE-JAX and I'm totally blown away by Brian Flores' complete and utter failure to adjust to Blake loving Bortles. I'm not saying I'm some kind of armchair genius here, but how many times are you going to rush 5 and leave the flat wide loving open for a scramble? At what point do you use your special eyes and realize that Bortles is scrambling for first downs multiple times every drive and maybe put a LB up in a spy or something?

I honestly am not even so down on the Pats D as many hot takers have been, I think there were a good amount of plays where the Pats secondary was all over a JAX receiver and Bortles managed to thread the needle for a fantastic play. That Cole guy was playing out of his mind. It seems more like they just weren't prepared for the famous Blake Bortles Offense™

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Quick Reads is up and focused on Mahomes' hot start and how similar QB's with insane first two games ended up: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2018/week-2-quick-reads

Tyrod Taylor:

quote:

Inside the New Orleans 40, Taylor went 6-of-10 for 13 yards (not a typo) and only one first down,

Jesus Christ. His overall yards/attempt are actually pretty solid for the game, wonder if playcalling changed that much in Saints territory or if it's just a random sample size thing.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Grittybeard posted:

Tyrod Taylor:

Jesus Christ. His overall yards/attempt are actually pretty solid for the game, wonder if playcalling changed that much in Saints territory or if it's just a random sample size thing.

A 47 yard pass can skew things.

That would make it 7-11 for 60 yards and a TD

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Steelers and Seahawks simultaneously blowing up feels weird to me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

A 47 yard pass can skew things.

That would make it 7-11 for 60 yards and a TD

Ah, I wondered why specifically inside the Saints 40 instead of 'inside Saints territory.' Guess that explains it.

Although that's still not exactly a good number, but a much less shocking one.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

They both survived Todd Haley?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

I'm watching highlights of the NE-JAX and I'm totally blown away by Brian Flores' complete and utter failure to adjust to Blake loving Bortles. I'm not saying I'm some kind of armchair genius here, but how many times are you going to rush 5 and leave the flat wide loving open for a scramble? At what point do you use your special eyes and realize that Bortles is scrambling for first downs multiple times every drive and maybe put a LB up in a spy or something?

I honestly am not even so down on the Pats D as many hot takers have been, I think there were a good amount of plays where the Pats secondary was all over a JAX receiver and Bortles managed to thread the needle for a fantastic play. That Cole guy was playing out of his mind. It seems more like they just weren't prepared for the famous Blake Bortles Offense™
Yeah I was really surprised by the seeming lack of halftime adjustments. The Jaguars drove down the field with the second half kickoff and if it wasnt for a penalty on the offense I think they may have scored another TD but settled for a FG instead. Also, I am still .... something, impressed? Surprised? Excited? that Blake Bortles abused the poo poo out of a CB (Rowe). And yeah I still cant believe Keelan Cole though, good god. He says that Randy Moss is his idol and I can only hope that starts playing more and more like him.
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1041430998527823872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Steelers and Seahawks simultaneously blowing up feels weird to me.

The Curse of Super Bowl XL

• Locked thread