Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1044362925216026624

don't you feel triggered reading this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Ok..is Mitch even top half? Not talking pocket presence but actually scrambling around or running like Rodgers and Wilson

Other than the old guys I haven't seen enough of dudes like tannehill, cousins, Winston or Wentz/Goff to really know how they measure up

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

*looks at who the 49ers play this week*

Oh.

Carry on.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mastershakeman posted:

Ok..is Mitch even top half? Not talking pocket presence but actually scrambling around or running like Rodgers and Wilson

Other than the old guys I haven't seen enough of dudes like tannehill, cousins, Winston or Wentz/Goff to really know how they measure up

I mean he's young so he's better than some guys but he doesn't seem like anything special. He doesn't have a crazy top speed and he isn't overly elusive or agile. Out of those guys you listed, Goff, Cousins and Winston seem like the best candidates for guys who are worse than Trubs at scrambling for gain. Tannehill is faster than Trubs, Wentz is a lot more agile and makes better reads. Add in the older guys who don't scramble that much and Trubs is probably rounding out the top 10 or so in scrambling ability

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

49ers are the one org who is off the hook to sign kaepernick because it's not clear what happened but he and jed had a huge loving fall out based on Harbaugh being fired and he left $126MM/gm on the table to shorten his contract and become a free agent.

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID

That is not an inspiring list for my boys

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Spoeank posted:

49ers are the one org who is off the hook to sign kaepernick because it's not clear what happened but he and jed had a huge loving fall out based on Harbaugh being fired and he left $126MM/gm on the table to shorten his contract and become a free agent.

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID

would u be interested in some Case Keenum

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spoeank posted:

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID

The Browns have a gently used Tyrod that I'm certain Dorsey will let go for a conditional 7th in 2020.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Mahomes is alright but he slides like a doofus

I've appreciated that he at least wants to slide now and then, because he has also run into some big hits trying to convert on short yardage.

Like, at least he'll slide occasionally.

Darqueezius Jones
Apr 17, 2018

by SA Support Robot
JAcoby Brisett can be had for a first and a second

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID

We'll let you have Taysom Hill for a first. He's a jack of all trades!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

If I'm a niners fan I'd rather just direct snap to the RB

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1044362307885686784

hm. well.

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 25, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The 2018 Niners had a like 10-6 ceiling with Handsome James why would we trade picks to become 3-13 team instead of a 2-14 one.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
EJ Manuel's house in the bay area probably hasnt sold yet

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
The Niners should trade Jimmy G for an AWOL Le’Veon Bell.

Doesn’t really make any sense at all but it’s cool to think about.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamar Jackson doesn't believe you have to slide.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/JinxAverage/sta...%23post13759900

This troll is making Chiefs fans lose their freaking minds

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm one hundred percent on board with running wildcat and triple option with a rushing QB for the rest of the niners season

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

in all seriousness you'd think the niners would give teddy a call.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

adaz posted:

in all seriousness you'd think the niners would give teddy a call.

I don't think the Saints would give him up

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wtf

https://twitter.com/ChrisLongKSTP/status/1044391175581552640?s=19

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I don't think the Saints would give him up

Yeah fair point with Drew Brees ready to turn into a pumpkin. The offer would probably have to be pretty nuts

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/BuccaneersComms/status/1044424753560395776?s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Someone on Twitter was saying that the great QB on a rookie contract setup is so powerful of an advantage that some forward thinking NFL team with a sharp offensive coaching staff (Rams) would just keep trying to draft and develop rookie QBs rather than ever have a QB on a regular contract. The problem is having the draft capital to do that every 3-5 years

5 or 10 years from now the NFL probably won't look anything like it does today. And I don't even mean that as doomsaying about the rules changes or anything, the 2008 NFL doesn't really look like 2018, and the strategies that would've been dominant there just flat out don't work nearly as well today.

I'd be surprised if in 2023 or 2028 teams are still getting as-huge-as-today advantages just by having a competent QB on a rookie deal. So I don't know how long that would be sustainable for teams like the Rams, even assuming they were able to pull it off.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

uhhhh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamStites_/status/1044429052889583617

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The stat is correct as far as I know?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/24/report-everson-griffen-also-tried-to-break-into-teammates-home/

uhh

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Something not good going on there.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jason Witten.. a chud?!

https://twitter.com/ConorOrr/status/1044414636722978816

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

mastershakeman posted:

Is Mitch a top 10 scrambler/runner? Rodgers, Wilson, Mariota, cam, Watson, who else?

Wentz....

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Someone on Twitter was saying that the great QB on a rookie contract setup is so powerful of an advantage that some forward thinking NFL team with a sharp offensive coaching staff (Rams) would just keep trying to draft and develop rookie QBs rather than ever have a QB on a regular contract. The problem is having the draft capital to do that every 3-5 years

Yeah the problem there is that immediate starter quality guys usually go high and if you're succeeding with the previous rookie you're not picking high.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

what a shock

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Seattle Times is such garbage. They're the :decorum: of newspapers. I wish all the time that the PI had survived instead of them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I picked up on that as well. Not a surprise at all.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
It's now Steelers/Ravens week, boys

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

A football player who spent his whole career in Texas invokes the left as an insult, well I never

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

C-Euro posted:

A football player who spent his whole career in Texas invokes the left as an insult, well I never

Unbelievably, this is probably unfair to Texas. Witten is from a white trash hellscape in East Tennessee that makes Dallas look like San Francisco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Witten in general is boring and offers no actual football insight, Joe Tessitore has no idea what's going on and sounds like he accidentally wandered into the booth

• Locked thread