Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Jags unis look much better than the atrocities they wore the past several seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

waah posted:

So Steelers :fork: y/n?
We’ll see on Monday if they get toasted by Fitz.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

cavallingus posted:

The Jags unis look much better than the atrocities they wore the past several seasons
I mean the no two-tone helmet alone makes it worlds better.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I mean the no two-tone helmet alone makes it worlds better.

I have no clue why they felt they needed to change in the first place. The old (and new) Jacksonville helmets were fine, not my very favorite but they looked pretty good. Then they change to that atrocious thing and absolutely everyone hates it, but they stick with it for no reason at all.

How long did they keep those things?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1042108000213889024

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Buffalo gave me my first feeling of sadness/helplessness watching Joe Montana holding his head on the cold turf back in 93 so yeah, I hope this Bills team is historically bad.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't be bothered to look up what the Bills gave up to trade up for Allen but lol

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
im a fan of the steelers imploding.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cavallingus posted:

I can't be bothered to look up what the Bills gave up to trade up for Allen but lol

12, 53 & 56 overall, so a mid/high first and two mid/low seconds.

Hey, it's worth it if you find a great quarterback. On the other hand that's a significant overpay by just about every draft pick value chart to move up to #7 I'm fairly sure. And...uh throwing him in right away behind that line is a scary proposition.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/mewefree/status/1041412699178102790?s=21

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

I have no clue why they felt they needed to change in the first place. The old (and new) Jacksonville helmets were fine, not my very favorite but they looked pretty good. Then they change to that atrocious thing and absolutely everyone hates it, but they stick with it for no reason at all.

How long did they keep those things?

Five years, starting in 2013, because NFL rules state you can’t make major changes to uniforms any more frequently than that.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Hopefully Josh Allens big frame can take the hits.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Josh Allen is to big and strong to be injured by weakass sacks. Defensive linemen will soon start hurting themselves on his big strong frame.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fartknocker posted:

Five years, starting in 2013, because NFL rules state you can’t make major changes to uniforms any more frequently than that.

This explains a lot, especially when teams change the uniforms when no once seems to want them changed. I always wondered why they did that and it's probably because the five years are up so they kind of feel like it's time/they have to. The Jets are apparently making changes next year and I don't understand it because their uniforms are loving fly and don't need anything new.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Josh Allen is to big and strong to be injured by weakass sacks. Defensive linemen will soon start hurting themselves on his big strong frame.

More importantly in my mind, it will hinder his mental development. He looks like a rookie, even worse he looks like a small school rookie who never completed all that many of his passes. He's got a lot of learning and growing to do and I'm not sure he'll be able to do that while getting smacked around at every level and never getting time to go through reads and throw the ball.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

lmao @ weird Asian candy in the first tweet

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I love AB and Bell and I hate everything else as the center cannot hold into the widening gyre

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Tyrod Taylor:

Jesus Christ. His overall yards/attempt are actually pretty solid for the game, wonder if playcalling changed that much in Saints territory or if it's just a random sample size thing.

I'm just gonna say it, and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned much. I love and respect Tyrod, and I never would've suggested this before the season, but he isn't playing well. It might be time to start thinking about Mayfield and whether he can provide the extra boost to get that team some wins

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I'm just gonna say it, and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned much. I love and respect Cleveland, and I never would've suggested this before the season, but they have never played well. It might be time to start thinking about the Browns and whether they need to be relocated in order to get that team some wins

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm just gonna say it, and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned much. I love and respect Detroit, and I never would've suggested this before the season, but they have never played well. It might be time to start thinking about the Lions and whether they need to be relocated in order to give those fans some mercy

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 18, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Move the Browns to Hamilton, Ontario

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm just gonna say it, and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned much. I love and respect Detroit, and I never would've suggested this before the season, but they have never played well. It might be time to start thinking about the Lions and whether they need to be relocated to give those fans some mercy

we're gona get better as the season goes on OP, patricia said so himself.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Play posted:

More importantly in my mind, it will hinder his mental development. He looks like a rookie, even worse he looks like a small school rookie who never completed all that many of his passes. He's got a lot of learning and growing to do and I'm not sure he'll be able to do that while getting smacked around at every level and never getting time to go through reads and throw the ball.

You don't need brains when you're that BIG and STRONG

cavallingus posted:

Move the Browns to Hamilton, Ontario

If they moved to Mexico City I'd still be a fan.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Swap the Lions and the Browns.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Swap the Ravens and the Browns, then swap the Browns with the Lions.

Everybody's happy.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kalli posted:

Everybody's happy.

Ew no

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://sports.theonion.com/emotion...utm_campaign=SF

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kalli posted:

Everybody's happy.

Dear god what did either city do to you?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

we're gona get better as the season goes on OP, patricia said so himself.

Oh, what a relief. Glad that's settled!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
lmao the Eagles worked out Jordan Matthews today.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Corey Coleman is available.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

Battle for LA, it’s the game of the week y’all

I'm expecting us to get thrashed by the Rams, tbh. That defense seems a little thin at ILB but they're insanely loaded otherwise, especially d-line and secondary. Marcus Peters has Rivers' number more than any other CB i've seen and I don't think we can block Donald/Brockers/Suh at all.

I'd be stunned if the Chargers kept it within 10 tbh. The Rams are just a much better, more complete team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Rams have been proving that they can just grind lesser teams to dust. You saw it especially against the Raiders in the second half. Reliable run and short pass game with good execution gets decent yardage on first and second down almost every time. Then they set up the downfield shot with play action and the success rate is absurd. I don't believe the Chargers are quite consistent enough on defense to protect against that.

Still, you never know. This will be the first real test the Rams have faced so they're gonna have to bring their best game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Schottenheimer.txt

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

That guy rules and so does this video

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Move the Bengals to Los Angeles, California

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Darnold is going to suck poo poo and give the browns a win to repay them for not picking him.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’ve said it since he was hired, Pete Carroll has always been a bad coach whose whole shtick gets old everywhere.

The Bears are genius for trading for Mack.

If the Bears had an actual QB with that defensive they would be contenders.

I’ll hang up and listen.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

That guy rules and so does this video

gently caress all of you guys for not commenting on my joke regarding this guy and weird Asian candy!!!!!!!!!! :doom:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1042164977933668353?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

gently caress all of you guys for not commenting on my joke regarding this guy and weird Asian candy!!!!!!!!!! :doom:

It was a solid joke OP. I chuckled to myself slightly which is all you can ask.

• Locked thread