Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Lol. My GBA was a Christmas gift and I was beyond ecstatic to unwrap it but then my heart sank when I opened the box and it was the translucent Pink one and realized everyone on the Bus was gonna give me poo poo and call me a Fag for having a pink game boy.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All those capitalizations were autocorrects but they really make the story pop

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

All those capitalizations were autocorrects but they really make the story pop

If you stop using Pink Bus Fag as the name in your contact info it should stop autocapitalizing them

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
When I first got my GBA (Bus Fag Translucent Purple) I got with it Super Mario Advance, Advance Wars, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7W5H8ZVQGw

I don't think I ever played that piece of crap for more than 20 minutes and it was a total waste of my parents' money

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My first GBA games were Super Mario Advance and Castlevania Circle of the Moon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mine was a Bomberman game with some awful pet minigame

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

When I first got my GBA (Bus Fag Translucent Purple) I got with it Super Mario Advance, Advance Wars, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7W5H8ZVQGw

I don't think I ever played that piece of crap for more than 20 minutes and it was a total waste of my parents' money

I have so much nostalgia for GBA graphics with the 3D models turned into sprites and the scaling and rotation effects and stuff and i have no idea why that's not a big indie thing

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
They should make Switch Wars

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

goferchan posted:

I have so much nostalgia for GBA graphics with the 3D models turned into sprites and the scaling and rotation effects and stuff and i have no idea why that's not a big indie thing

It does look cool. Playing it sucked rear end though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I think Boktai is probably a much better example of what i'm talking about, I never played that Jurassic Park game (although I like the visual style a lot for some reason)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY3eK0LAK2k&t=10s

this poo poo was loving mindblowing in 2001

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The gba THPS games were shockingly sick.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

also this incredibly sweet crossover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e1TVWn0Wlo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Honestly the illusion of like a 3d space there is still really effective and impressive. Those games were awesome

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_entertainment_affected_by_the_September_11_attacks#Video_games

tough to read

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX2PcO12Q0o

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My first GBA games were Super Mario Advance and Castlevania Circle of the Moon

oh cool, this was mine

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The PlayStation game Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro's final level was changed.[60] Originally it was a showdown between Spider-Man and Electro atop the World Trade Center. This was changed to the top of another generic skyscraper. The New York City skyline was also obscured by a storm so that the World Trade Center was not visible.

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My first GBA game was this Medabots game:

Because I was 10 and I liked the Medabots show on Fox Kids a lot. I liked it but again I was like 10 so I don't know if that actually means it was any good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Because it takes time and money

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had Link to the Past as my Christmas GBA game.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7HMUoUZlc

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My first GBA game was this Medabots game:

Because I was 10 and I liked the Medabots show on Fox Kids a lot. I liked it but again I was like 10 so I don't know if that actually means it was any good.

I had this game when I was a kid also. I remember thinking it was awesome but I just looked up a video of the gameplay and it is a totally indecipherable mess lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
my first gba games were Super Mario Advance, Chu Chu Rocket and Tony Hawk 2 and I was mindblown that a handheld was producing those graphics.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GBA was like SNES 2.0 with better graphics and worse sound, excellent library of games

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

GBA was like SNES 2.0 with better graphics and worse sound, excellent library of games

yeah, it's really an incredible system

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

extremebuff posted:

viewtiful joe demo right? i got owned by the same thing

ya I think that was on it and also star wars battlefront 2

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i assume super mario advance was a bundle-in or something because i had it too and it's just a lame port of smb2 and didn't seem like something i would have gone out and bought.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tales of Woe posted:

i assume super mario advance was a bundle-in or something because i had it too and it's just a lame port of smb2 and didn't seem like something i would have gone out and bought.

it was a launch day game but not a pack in

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i bought it because it was called Super Mario Advance

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hmm i must have just bought it at launch then, Nintendo Power probably talked it up

i forgot about Wario Land 4 until i went and looked at my old games recently, that was a nice one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This thread inspired me to finally buy a memory card loaded with homebrew stuff so I can play Siren 2

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I had a flash cart and one of the nes skinned sps and sold it to some guy in brazil a few years ago for more than I paid for it but kind of wish I didn’t....

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

hmm i must have just bought it at launch then, Nintendo Power probably talked it up

i forgot about Wario Land 4 until i went and looked at my old games recently, that was a nice one

Wario land 4 is a nearly perfect game.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

warioware

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

GameCube posted:

warioware

Yes!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chill Callahan posted:

I had a flash cart and one of the nes skinned sps and sold it to some guy in brazil a few years ago for more than I paid for it but kind of wish I didn’t....

[Img-Plutonis-cackling.gif]

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

goferchan posted:

I had completely blocked out the way his head gets big and he looks at the camera grimacing after a dash. Thanks for setting me back a few years

jesus christ. why would they do this

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiVbeizCzDU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I remember my brother got a GBA first and he opened up Super Mario Advance and laughed like a maniac at how small the cartridge was

• Locked thread