Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

A lot of the games are expensive as hell though. I saw a used copy of mgs and it was around 50 dollars cdn

You also need a crt tv and space for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

VR will never work outside of like google maps or a museum exhibit or something. It will never be a gaming thing.

Maybe flight / driving sims too but only for super nerds

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

elf help book posted:

lmao i just turned on my ps4 on to set to private only and theres a message from someone i dont know sitting there with a subject of "hey"

Ive been getting those for awhile now

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Playstation Classic uses an open-source emulator (PCSX ReARMed). Thank You Sony

Im surprised its not the one the ps3 uses to play psx games

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

the lesbian teenagers in the tlou2 br mode discuss their favorite sleater kinny album before garoting each other, driving railroad stakes thru each others threads, lobbing off each others limbs etc set to a child whisper singing alanis morisette's Ironic. the winner gets tto see a cutscene of a bearded 35-40 yo man in a fugazi tshirt who says you're my favorite adopted daughter.

lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Lol 8k

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

ps5 games will run at 25fps thanks to rtx and 4k. ps4 games will approach 50fps except bloodborne which will run worse than ever.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Didn't they allegedly lose 8 in its entirety and that's why its the only one not getting remastered?

I saw a youtuber speculating about that but the hd steam version says it released in 2013 and it's kind of hard to believe they would have lost something critical since doing that port.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Len posted:

I thought that was just a port of the original ff8 for pc and not a real remaster which is why it's missing all the fun cheats of the rest of the games

I don't own it but the steam page says it has fast forward and the rest

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Dont forget Damien st. john or whatevef

Deacon*

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

the trolls and disgruntled employees will never make me stop loving fantastic sony consoles and first party sony videogame titles

this

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

At least there are plenty of old games to play.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

when my friend and this rando from guam got into a fight with some japanese guys who threw chips at them for looking at their girldfriends i just stood at the side clapping over the top of my head

Why you throw chip? <-- classic goon catchphrase lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Fargield posted:

I hope the imps that wanted a launch ps5 get the therapy they need

(Spider Man: Miles Morales on launch day.)

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Good. Thank you for protecting Gamers from the Atelier series Sony.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Poz-ray

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I wanted to pick up a ps5 for The Ghost of Tsushiam but they were all gone.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

thanks to metal gear and all the joy it brought us, in it's times, but I don't want to play them again

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Thank you Sony for verifying the system storage each time the console has been turned off improperly. Imagine if it just tried to boot normally?

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Ellie/Abby/Naughty Gods stay winning. Seventy bucks is a fuckin steal for the GOAT triple dip, especially versus the hundos i’ll be dropping on Netflix just to watch and rewatch the forthcoming TLOU and Uncharted series

this

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

No Days Gone 2? Thinking about changing my console affiliation to Microsoft.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

'nuff said

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

That's a bargain for an heirloom-quality piece of video game memorabilia and a surefire investment to boot.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s the freakin Deacon baby I’m about to have me some fun

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

what kind of playstations are those?

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

thank you

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

everyone is raving about the latest sony hits tbh

Lol. Halol and Snoreza have come and gone while God of War looms on the hoirizon. Xt*rds lost.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I'm not going to buy a new Xbox or Playstation or pay for any gaming subscriptions.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

i assume you guyts have seen this clip already but it loving kicks rear end. sony ftw
https://clips.twitch.tv/BraveDeliciousWheelDuDudu-uEyD41YSSipjRLsJ

Where did you learn to fly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

lol my switch looked like that for a year before totk came out.