Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You can still buy an actual PS1 for next to nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
rememebr that poster that literally every single kid had in their room that said take me to your dealer on it and it had an alien holding a blunt. that picture must have been out of copyright and passed around like an old jazz standard

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
winning biggest vegetable at the farmers festival

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bloody hell seamus .. thats a right corker. its even bigger than my turnip what i fertilized with me own shite.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

thats just the absolute pits. that is rock bottom

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

julian assflange posted:

In the UK, Argos had a PSVR, motion sticks and WipeOut for mega cheap

how cheap... is it still going

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
gran turismo has it and its basically first party .. the issue really is would a game suit it, and not many do. if you ask me i think vr is best used as a way to look at regular games with a 360 degree view while sitting in a chair normal style rather than a thing where you wave a motion controller around and struggle to do basic things and proabably have to clear all of the furniture out of your room for the privilege

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PalinBoyTellEm: Where's the loving namechanges Sony.

RatatouilleUnd3rtaker: For real.

this

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

Man the online functions in that game look so cool :sigh:

the treasure hunts were good fun. but theyre essentially the same thing as luigis balloon mode in odyssey so you can just play that if you want the experience

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

I can't unlock decoration for Kats house by playing Luigi Balloon Hunt though

you can still get those if youre insane since the apple chests still show up in the game. you just have no way of knowing when and where :mrgw:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

no crash
no spyro
no midievil
no gran turismo
no wipeout
no tony hawk
no tomba
no ff tactics or vagrant story or legend of mana or brave fencer musashi
no silent hill
no parappa
no tomb raider
no ape escape
no sotn
no twisted metal 2
no jet moto
no kings field or armored core

who is this for

theres some nice obscure games in there though that havent had HD remasters or ports, intelligent qube, super puzzle fighter, rrt4 which isnt obscure among racing game fans but probably is for general players, and i heard syphon filter was supposed to be good too. not that it really matters since nobody is buying them just to play the games it comes with

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should have put kula world on there. that game used to be really rare in europe

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like gta 2. but 1 isnt so bad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

I agree but there's no way anyone in the world is buying this thing and not expecting to boot up GTA3. No one knows about the top down games.

i doubt theres that many people expecting to be able to play gta 3 on a ps1 :cawg:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

julian assflange posted:

GTA: London would be fantastic

lmfao ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XETS_-8bJg

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ppl say ctr is good but i think its just ptsd from the bad cart racers during the 32bit and n64 era. Trash! All trash!

it is pretty good as kart racers go. actually i rememebr it getting a bit of poo poo in english gaming magazines cos of it being a mario kart clone, but its good. it has good tracks and the powerslide mechanic is nice

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I still have to play Nier and Lightning Returns before they blow out those servers asses.

square closed the lightning returns servers a while ago. it doesnt matter though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't think there was anything important on there. But also the PC version has all the dlc built in if actually wanted to use any of it

4 costumes .. at least 2 of them were recolours though. and i guess u could break the game by buying turbo ethers from other players if you really wanted. on the other hand it does make getting an elixir for the platinum trophy a lot harder

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Last gen had some great games but I can't think back on it with anything other than a general brown hazy turd tint. There were like 2 or 3 big console jrpgs worth playing (counting FF13 as one). Good thing I have 40 years of games on my 3ds I guess

cos the actual console itself was poo poo probably. nothing ran well on it and the controller felt like a kids toy. unlike the ps4 which is pretty epic on all fronts .. well, you cant win them all

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
remember trying to use the ps store on that thing. it ran at like 2fps and crashed constantly

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
didnt have either personally . my gaming history has basically went, ps1, gba, ps2, ps3, 3ds, ps4, switch. and the ps3 is the only one of those that i dont still play games from

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

I dont like niche gamer because I thotnit would be loke hcg101 but its actually a Lone Supreme Gamer PhilosopherKing redpulling you about Rape day on steam (unjustly removed)

true .. but its either that or siliconera if u want to hear anything at all about games u actually wanna play

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
a game without a console is just a frisbee .. a console without a game .... is just a tombstone..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i oly click on meme vids and game trailers .. sorry

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

just enjoying the thumbnail that contains the thread title, and hoping others enjoy the same simple pleasure

i did like that .. you made the post about it first though. but i agree

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the original is good .. probly my least fav from 4-9 though. yes 4 and not 5 tierfags

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its good .. if you like final fantasy youll surely like 7. its better than 1 2 3 10 and 12 at the very least. a lot of ppl dont like 4 either but i do

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

VWVWV posted:

I agree with this, but I cant speak for 12 since I haven’t played it. I’m surprised to hear that people don’t like 4 though, that’s one of my favorites

The 7 remake looks cool. I’m gonna wait until all of the episodes come out to play it if they’re really gonna release it that way though

4s cool. ppl dont like it cos its pretty basic and short on memorable stuff. but it has some of the best music and looked real good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If I'm being honest with myself my general aversion to 7 is the fact the character models look like Duplo men and as a kid I always thought Duplo was for retards. Lego or nothing

yea .. no getting around that. unless you go full computer tard and put a bunch of gay mods on it. which you shouldnt, since thats the first stage of steam AIDS

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ka0 posted:

I had no idea FF7 was such a huge deal until the internet came along. I thought it was an ok jrpg with terribly sampled muzak, and frankly I had more fun in FF8 and its wonky junctions

it and 6 were considered like the holy grail or jrpgs for like the first 5 or 6 years i spent on this website .. thoiugh 6 is surely a classic. 7 is good though and probly freaking blew ppls minds when it was released.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
9 was the first one i played so thats my favourite. it would be my favourite anyways proabably .. 6 comes 2nd, then some of the modern ones like 10-2 and lr. in whatever order depeneding on what day i write my tier list on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

my boss: Homo Demons.
me (gruff voice): Ive heard of em. Bunch of gay guys that go around loving asses... leaving craters.

lmfao