Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

sleater-cummy posted:

has there ever been a reason to get a (non nintendo) console on release day

to sell on ebay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

it has the energy of an object peppered around a game world just to make it seem more futuristic

I see this and am certain I've already tried to make my dude jump on it for like 8 minutes

Cubone
May 26, 2011

carth onasi watching me jog in place against the ps5's bounding box, waiting to talk about his son

Cubone
May 26, 2011

it looks so stupid from that angle

it looks like a plastic binder of pastel crayons that somebody sat on

Cubone
May 26, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Honestly just glad to experience jack and rose romance with volumetric lighting and surround sound kissy noises
haha

Cubone
May 26, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If we have to get remakes then do the MSX games instead. I want to hatch an owl from an egg to convince a guard it's bedtime but with sophisticated next gen incubation mechanics
they made a remake of metal gear 2, it's called metal gear solid

Cubone
May 26, 2011

twin snakes is pretty much metal gear solid 1 with metal gear solid 2's graphics and gameplay (except gamecube didn't have analog face buttons so you have to do a weird uncomfortable thing with the b button)
it's good but playing it back to back with mgs2 almost feels like playing two assassin's creed games back to back

that's why I think ports are a better idea. prior to snake eater, the series was really iterative, and updating the graphics and gameplay of the older titles just moves them closer to being the same game

use cigarettes/ir to expose lasers, find a hollow wall by knocking then blow a hole in it, fight a guy in a tank, when in doubt ask the people on the codec, need a gas mask to get through this room, can't walk on this floor- use a guided missile to blow up the control thinger, invisible enemy, who's this mysterious friend helping you on the radio?, backtrack and get a special weapon to proceed, fire rockets at a dick in an aircraft, uh oh you're being tortured better tap buttons, creative use of a weird inventory item gets you out of a seeming dead end, mission turns out to not be what you thought it was, major npc betrays you, punch the guy and destroy metal gear anyway, congratulations you're the hero of outer heaven/zanzibar/shadow moses/big shell

it's like remaking Alien so that the effects and cinematography are more in line with Aliens. we already have that movie, it's called Aliens.

then snake eater hit the familiar "nuclear-equipped tank thingy must be destroyed, lone infiltrator goes through a procession of freakshow boss fights while npc's betray him" formula, but finally ditched the "backtrack and get a sniper rifle" gameplay progression and added cqc/interrogations/shooting radios/sabotaging enemy supply sheds, and the stamina/passive healing-wound treatment system, and the camo percentage thing and it's one of the best games ever gently caress I love snake eater

and then I didn't play 4, but 5 is pretty great too because they somehow made an open world stealth game. too bad they didn't finish

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Cubone
May 26, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

i i dont know where to start

kingdo mhearts 1

Cubone
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

love to press the square button 10000x as a woman
good for you for living your truth

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

somy do be based frfr doe #ad as mlords nibellion and wario64.would say

e: gently caress, beaten

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

i dont understand your post so im just imagining Margin the Services as a new sonic character

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HAVE:
Healthy immune system

WANT:
Human Immunodeficiency Virus
$50

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Leon's Iconic Shott NYC Brown Sheepskin Leather Bomber Jacket

where's the lie

Cubone
May 26, 2011

worms butthole guy posted:

emmy is correct and BOTW is another great example of a game with bad ubisoft mechanics that are somehow heralded as amazing innovations in game design

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
botw was heralded for its amazing innovations in game design because of its amazing innovations in game design, actually

this is like saying super mario 64 had the same mechanics as bubsy 3d, so you can't criticize or praise one without applying the criticism equally to the other
it would be offensive if it weren't contemptuous and pitiable

please educate yourself with some good and important videos about video games so you can be less of a cretin next time you darken this sacred place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMsF31NdNc
I'll pray for you

Cubone
May 26, 2011

John Romero posted:

listen. I paid $20 and now, on my ps5 and external hard drive:

Returnal
Demon’s souls
Ghost of Tsushima
Saints row 3
Guardians of galaxy
Final fantasy x
Final fantasy x 2
Final fantasy ix
Final fantasy viii
Final fantasy vii
Final fantasy xii the zodiac age
Embr
John wick
Empire of sin
Tetris effect
Descenders
Outer wilds

fairly loving hype

lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

embr

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8DNTe-7LI&t=1029s

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Jeff Wiiver posted:

down on my dualshock4 D-pad doesnt work so i want to pop it open and try to fix. decided to try opening up my lovely controller first to get a handle on it. complete disaster. hosed up like half the ribbon connectors in there, so now the triggers, lightbar and touchpad are all broken lmao. where's that creepy uncle nintendo guy when you need him.

condolences

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Dongicus posted:

shamone-ah!

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

8ft tall 68yr.old man with the biggest slacks you've ever seen: ESPN Now on PlayStation has never been more seamless.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im ready to hear about the new game

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Yakuza on Xbox, thank god
lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

thank you, sOny, for the new Xbox game 🙏

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

The big white spider on it reminded me that in the Spider-Man game, if you’re wearing the default suit that Insomniac designed which is basically just the regular suit but with a white spider and a few white accents, all the pedestrians will be like “hey spidey! Love the new suit! Looks great! So cool!” And then if you put on the classic spider-man suit they’ll start asking where your cool new suit with the white spider is, why aren’t you wearing the new one, etc. Its the most I’ve ever seen a developer pat themselves on the back and over basically nothing

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

tuned in and saw a vr game of a guy slicing a table in half then grabbing an inanimate skeleton off the ground and violently punching it in the head. thatw as cool