Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This is perhaps my favorite indie game in the last decade. Everything about its design just screams love and appreciation for SNES-era ARPGs, while being incredibly polished for modern gaming sensibilies. It's always irked me that it never seems to get the recognition it deserves compared to other highly acclaimed indie titles. I hope with the wider audience that changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

CrossCode DLC finally revealed AND Legend of Mana announced for Switch on the same day? Love to see my favorite indie game and favorite series that inspired it both having good news.

https://twitter.com/RadicalFishGame/status/1361993799002710016

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Planning to pick this back up and finish the story over the weekend while I stay at my mom's in case I get any vaccine reactions. It's been around a year since I played, but I got way into it. I love this game so much, but it always feels daunting to jump back in after not playing a while. I think I stopped at the Japanese-looking zone. That's near the end right?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Silver lining - an excuse to play from the beginning again

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm (pleasantly) surprised that that tweet has already gotten over 12k likes. Is Radical Fish not as obscure an indie dev as I thought? Or maybe that guy's just a legend in the indie pixel art community. Either way, happy about the apparent reach they have.

Also, I can't tell if this is just joke placeholder text, or something that could realistically end up in the game. It could easily fit in as CrossCode NPC dialogue. Will Project Terra also be set in a virtual world?

https://twitter.com/lachsen/status/1516129437653291018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It was long overdue, but I finally picked this back up where I left off 3 years ago, having been too intimidated by relearning everything (especially the combat). I left off at Sapphire Ridge and predictably got my rear end kicked by some of those monsters coming back. But I eventually got back into the swing of things and spent 50+ hours over the past 2 weeks 100%ing chests/quests and finishing both the main game and DLC. I might even understand the combat system now way better than I did before.

Anyway, this game is simply a masterpiece and deserves the kind of acclaim enjoyed by the big indie names, like Hades, Hollow Knight, Celeste, etc. Now that I'm done after ~120 hours, I can finally feel legitimate saying this is one of my absolute favorite games of all time.

It's kind of bittersweet knowing there's pretty much no more new story/world for me to experience with CrossCode, minus whatever minor dialogue changes NG+ brings. But I have no doubt Radical Fish will deliver something amazing with their next project.

Speaking of which... One of my favorite Twitch streamers has been doing a first playthrough (which was kind of my impetus for finishing my own), and a dev has popped in from time to time. I asked them if we can expect any big news about Project Terra anytime soon, and they hinted about Gamescom. Not to hype anyone up too much.