Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

it's the motherfuckin scotties son

leftist heap posted:

Is there any decent way to watch online?

TSN is free if you have a cable sub https://www.tsn.ca/live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jones getting crushed by PEI and it's great.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jones gets really mean when she's down, and cleans house to defend way too early when she's up. If she's up by 3 at the half, the game is over.

Crawford is nailing every single shot in this game.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Down goes Jones

We could be getting an Alberta vs Alberta final.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

holy poo poo, she loving blew it!

Chicken posted:

This is a very boring game that Rachel Homan is going to win.

lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This game is getting wild!

botcher down 5-0 and then stealing 3 two ends in a row to lead 6-5, just nuts.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a new series on netflix called "losers" that tells the story of really talented losers in sports. Episode 4 is about the brier and it's a pretty entertaining story.

It's pretty funny seeing the dudes throwing rocks with a cigarette in their mouth.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gret posted:

Decided to check out the scores of the second draw today and saw that Quebec has already had 3 4-enders out of 5 ends played so far.

Botcher put up a 6 in one end yesterday, and today is up 6-0 in the 5th. His last 3 games were 10-5, 10-3, and 10-4.

He's clowning on fools out there.

e: and now the NL guy had to draw against like 7 and celebrated when he got it.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 6, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Super cool for ESPN's stream to gently caress up and me just be sitting here unable to watch the good boy Brendan Bottcher steal one from Koe's krew in the 9th end. :shepicide:

You should write an angry letter, that was a barn burner.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chicken posted:

That... is beautiful! Brendan and Darren are a weird combo but it works so well.

I really hope Jacobs doesn't win the whole thing. They look pretty unstoppable so far.

He's getting thromped by Ontario.

escaped this only giving up a steal of 1.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wow, Botcher's last rock in the 6th. That's career highlight reel stuff.

He's making questionable calls, but really pulling himself out of it with awesome shots.

e: this game is loving ridiculous.
e2: i hope there's a way for people who missed this to see that 8th end because holy poo poo.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 9, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gushue is getting so loving chippy.

I don't think i've ever seen him on the back foot like this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This has been the best brier in a while, the 4 top teams basically all at their best. I'd like to see Botcher win it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The women's worlds is on. You can usually watch all the games not involving your country's team on the world curling youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WorldCurlingTV

they often have different commentators and it's really neat to get a different perspective on the game.

It's in denmark, so games are basically all on overnight, but the full game replays should all be there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Does anyone watching the worlds know why the South Korean team has black duct tape across the chest of their uniforms? It's clearly covering something, I just have no idea what it could be that they'd have to cover it.

It's one of their sponsors, KB Financial, which is a direct competitor of LGT, the event's title sponsor.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chicken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLmbmGtDhmI

There's already an NFL all star curling team, why not an NHL one?

What a bunch of jerks

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Poor Denmark. Shes' getting crushed all week against everybody in front of the home crowd, finally gets an "easy" opponent in Latvia, and they're nailing everything and she's getting crushed again.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

she was up by 2 against the US, then gave up 5, then steals of 1 and 4.

what the hell is going on.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chicken posted:

Really nice of Chelsea Carey to let some of the other countries into the playoffs. First time since 1999 that Canada hasn't made the playoffs.

Sorry. You're welcome.

The Korean team is pretty amazing for being a junior team, i can see them sticking around for a long time, which is bad because i giggle when they say her name, because it sounds like "mingey kim".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chicken posted:

So I was out on an island without internet or TV this weekend and I'm just sitting down to watch the playoffs. Did Vic, Russ, and Cheryl clear out as soon as Canada was eliminated? Because they're just using the world commentators and it's not quite the same.

No, they still commentated the medal rounds on TSN.

The gold medal game was loving intense, and i feel so bad for Hasselborg, but she's still got probably 20 more shots at it. She held it together pretty well on the podium, but you could see how disappointed she was.

You can't win em all, as much as she would like to.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

More like Kevin Poe

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chicken posted:

Sweden is just so good. Sooooo good.

Gotta be all the hormones in the meatballs.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Botcher gets his revenge.

Koe missed 3 shots, 2 of them being his last 2 of the last end. Botcher missed zero, and went 100% in that game.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

An outdoor hockey rink in a city park :v:

I mean, I'm still total garbage at actually delivering stones so I don't think it makes a huge difference but even just being able to easily see the house would rule.

On the plus side, it should give you good experience in reading the ice in bad conditions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's also:

Canada Cup in Leduc Nov 27-01(hour away, gonna try to go)
Continental cup in London, On Jan 9-12
Canadian Juniors Jan 25-26

Definitely going to the GSC season closer in Olds, too, Even though Homan and Gushue will have the titles locked up by then anyways.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Finally some curling on TV to watch! I read a book on curling strategy over the summer and it's really making watching it better. I have such a better idea why they're calling the shots that they do now.

I'm a little pissed cause I live in London, but the week of the Continental Cup is the one week I'm out of town.

Bad Luck.

i love the continental cup because it's so chill for a week, and then it gets to the last day and it's world war 3

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Does this stupid commercial make anybody else irrationally angry?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tirnizoni throws fire the whole week, and then Einarsson throws a 100% game and boom. Done.

Curling is so loving awesome.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Yeah this game is bonkers. She starts with the hammer, and then doesn't get on the board until she gets forced to 1 in the 4th end. Fuckin ouch.

Edit: wow, she made it a closer game than I would have thought.

Yeah, i almost spoke too soon. Tirinzoni still finished at like 34 to 15 points for the tournament.

Still, some great variety in the semis. The Japanese teams are really impressive this year, but where did China go?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chicken posted:

I don't think the Chinese teams usually play in the Grand Slam. Plus they haven't been great the past few years so they might not have been invited/qualified.

Mei Jie qualified for the worlds last year, Bingyu Wang played in a bunch of the grand slams before she retired.

I would think China will get seriously into it again with the Beijing Winter Olympics coming up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There is a show called “losers” on Netflix and one episode is on the brier.

Botcher is a shoe in for his own episode in season 2.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The scotties are on. I really missed curling.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Last nights Ontario/Alberta game was pretty good.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

this 10th end is a hell of a ride, the right side of the sheet apparently has a path carved, so almost everything is heavy, and they can't trust the split times.

and just a hair heavy on an otherwise beautiful shot from Jones for the loss.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

Alberta and Wildcard 3 ice also seems faster based on some of these opening throws, wonder if the building climate has changed.

I would have figured with nobody in there it would be as consistent as possible with all that volume and almost no body heat load.

The temperature and humidity outside is way up and it's supposed to rain tonight. I would imagine in the morning draws there's going to be a ton of frost.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Duck Rodgers posted:

Big game between wild card 3 and northwest territories right now. Winner gets 4 more games at least

And Peterson(WC3) steals in the 10th and the extra end. wild.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

That double takeout shot that Zacharias made to sit five and win her game was something.

her first year out of the juniors too. She's going to be in the game for a long time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Einarson is relentless. The final is going to be wild

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Super great game played by Einarson. Homan just couldn’t figure out the ice. Plus that super unfortunate pick in the 10th didn’t help.

Now we have to wait all the way until Saturday for the Brier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

So uh, I guess the dudes really took notes on the Scotties because wow they're on it.

EDIT: Oh and there's a flash.

EDIT2: and it's completely new ice...

I was commenting that they redid the ice just to change the ads underneath at the start and then they showed how much work it was. Crazy

Some questionable decisions here by Epping.