Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Well y'all whether you like it or not, Tusla @ Temple opens up week 4 of NCAA football in TYOL 2018.

Here's what the top 25 looks like this week:

#22 Texas A&M @ #1 Alabama
#2 Georgia @ Missouri
#3 Clemson @ Georgia Tech
Tulane @ #4 Ohio State
Army @ #5 Oklahoma
Louisiana Tech @ #6 LSU
#7 Stanford @ #20 Oregon
#8 Notre Dame @ Wake Forest
Arkansas @ #9 Auburn
Arizona State @ #10 Washington
#11 Penn State @ Illinois
Kansas State @ #12 West Virginia
#13 Virginia Tech @ Old Dominion
#14 Mississippi State @ Kentucky
Texas Tech @ #15 Oklahoma State
Florida Atlantic @ #16 UCF
#17 TCU @ Texas
#18 Wisconsin @ Iowa
#26 Nebraska @ #19 Michigan
Florida Intl @ #21 Miami
#23 Boston College @ Purdue
#24 Michigan State @ Indiana
McNeese @ #25 BYU

I love you and gently caress Nebraska.

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
well guys I think Temple will win this game

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hey everybody watch this stupid bullshit ESPN tried in the middle of Tulsa-Temple ... for THREE DRIVES.

https://twitter.com/AdelTWL/status/1042956205109342209

What if we had a former QB tell everyone what's going on in the QB's head in real-time?

Oh, he'd look loving stupid?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Hey everybody watch this stupid bullshit ESPN tried in the middle of Tulsa-Temple ... for THREE DRIVES.

What if we had a former QB tell everyone what's going on in the QB's head in real-time?

Oh, he'd look loving stupid?

this is completely absurd and hilarious

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

xposting from the aftermath thread but the fact that bama is 47-3 since 2011 at home is not okay.

What IS okay though is hope.

If the Browns can win their first game in centuries tonight, I see no reason for there to be hope that aggy can beat Bama. At Tuscaloosa. Against Tua.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
interceptions + fumbles + blown coverage + inertia + recruiting ÷ sec speed ÷ playing tennessee every year ÷ paul finebaum × recency bias × espn × blowouts × pollsters n=y where y=hope and n=loss, win%=lies, life=saban, self=crimson tide

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
TUA

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Spaced God posted:

xposting from the aftermath thread but the fact that bama is 47-3 since 2011 at home is not okay.

What IS okay though is hope.

If the Browns can win their first game in centuries tonight, I see no reason for there to be hope that aggy can beat Bama. At Tuscaloosa. Against Tua.

youre going to lose by at least 30 points bub the sooner you get over it the easier itll be

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Scionix posted:

youre going to lose by at least 30 points bub the sooner you get over it the easier itll be

i unironically hope donovan wilson ends tua's career in a horrific injury

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Spaced God posted:

wowie zowie

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

I hope everyone has a good time and learns about themselves and each other

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Notre Dame

Deacs bitch

Getting it in early and often

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
y'all, both Kansas and the Browns have winning streaks now, I fear football might actually be broken

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Alabama are favored by 26 points against a ranked team that played Clemson close. :vince:

In slapfight news, I really hope Florida wins because my colleague from Tennessee hopes to wear his ugly Vols-yellow tie on Monday and give me all kinds of grief.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Edward Mass posted:

interceptions + fumbles + blown coverage + inertia + recruiting ÷ sec speed ÷ playing tennessee every year ÷ paul finebaum × recency bias × espn × blowouts × pollsters n=y where y=hope and n=loss, win%=lies, life=saban, self=crimson tide

The Anti-Life Equation

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LLCoolJD posted:

Alabama are favored by 26 points against a ranked team that played Clemson close. :vince:

In slapfight news, I really hope Florida wins because my colleague from Tennessee hopes to wear his ugly Vols-yellow tie on Monday and give me all kinds of grief.

It's insane. The line for Penn State Illinois, which is a contending team vs bottom feeder, is the same as bama vs a top 25 team

What would bama Illinois line be, 60?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Honestly with Bama this year you're betting on their injury luck, not whether a team can beat the spread while healthy

Bama has beaten the spread by three touchdowns every game so far

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
At some point they will presumably face a halfway decent defense but I don't think this is that week

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

At some point they will presumably face a halfway decent defense but I don't think this is that week

So tua will have to play two full quarters? Dude there's just nothing that can be done about this offense

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

MourningView posted:

Nobody is stopping them if they're healthy

Everyone will repeat this post every week because Aggy/MSU/LSU won't "count" after we score 40 on them but it don't matter

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Alabama has lost at least one game every year for the past 9 years. Odds are, someone will beat them. My guess is Georgia.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scionix posted:

Nobody is stopping them if they're healthy

Everyone will repeat this post every week because Aggy/MSU/LSU won't "count" after we score 40 on them but it don't matter

I assume Bama will steamroll everyone but...so far which one this year counts as a good defense out of curiosity?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Alabama Crimson Tide Will Lose To The University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, Formerly The University Of Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, Because Nick Saban's Kryptonite Is Locational Louisiana Colleges

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

The Alabama Crimson Tide Will Lose To The University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, Formerly The University Of Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, Because Nick Saban's Kryptonite Is Locational Louisiana Colleges

In always forget which one it is that gets mad when you tack on the city now

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My older coworker told me she was going to try to go to Wisconsin homecoming game and she's heard Wisconsin was ok these days. I said they were pretty good and she asked if they were as good as nebraska because Nebraska still wins titles right and I started laughing

downout
Jul 6, 2009

S&P loves bama, that's for sure

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Grittybeard posted:

I assume Bama will steamroll everyone but...so far which one this year counts as a good defense out of curiosity?

I think Auburn, LSU, and Georgia are top 15 caliber defenses

I don't particularly think it matters because we have a generational talent at QB right now, but those are solid defenses.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Scionix posted:

I don't particularly think it matters because we have a generational talent at QB right now, but those are solid defenses.

I think Bama has enough defensive injuries that they can still lose.

Some of those old Bama defenses would basically be unbeatable with this level of offense.

Overall I expect coaching and the talent of their backups to prevail.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

My older coworker told me she was going to try to go to Wisconsin homecoming game and she's heard Wisconsin was ok these days. I said they were pretty good and she asked if they were as good as nebraska because Nebraska still wins titles right and I started laughing

I mean we won't know for sure until 10/6 :getin:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scionix posted:

I worded that badly, I was wondering what Bama had proved against the teams they've already played offensively.

Like I said I expect the train to keep rolling, but your previous post seemed to imply Louisville, Ole Miss, and whoever the other team was didn't count. And....they don't seem to count to me.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Grittybeard posted:

I worded that badly, I was wondering what Bama had proved against the teams they've already played offensively.

Like I said I expect the train to keep rolling, but your previous post seemed to imply Louisville, Ole Miss, and whoever the other team was didn't count. And....they don't seem to count to me.

you are right those teams have poo poo defenses

tua has also only thrown 50 passes and has like, 1 td per 7 passes and a 250 QBR

my point was MV is silly for going "yeah but NeXt WeEk YoU PlAy a ReAl DeFeNsE" because as long as tua is healthy he's going to poo poo on everyone and then MV will go "yeah but uhhh A&M doesn't count or w/e"

on offense right now we have:

top 5 draft pick level QB, who is a sophomore

4 NFL-caliber receivers, 1 of which is looking like a 1st round pick, and 1 that's a freshman that might be the next Tayvon Austin. Also none of these players are upperclasman.

3 NFL-caliber backs, 2 of which are probably round 1-2 selections. The most physically talented one of these is back next year; he looks like a derrick henry clone.

2 early round NFL Olineman, the other 3 will be drafted in all likelihood.

People are going to look at this offense after these dudes grade out and go: "holy poo poo." If we still had OJ howard this would be no doubt the best offense I have ever seen play

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spaced God posted:

drat you salty

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Agreeing that the defenses you've played are bad while simultaneously getting mad at me for saying those defenses are bad, cool.

If they light up like Georgia or LSU then yeah start calling them unstoppable, but that hasn't happened yet. That's all anyone is saying

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 22, 2018

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

Agreeing that the defenses you've played are bad while simultaneously getting mad at me for saying those defenses are bad, cool.

If they light up like Georgia or LSU then yeah start calling them unstoppable, but that hasn't happened yet. That's all anyone is saying

they light up better defenses than that every practice

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
He's gonna get blown out but everything Lane is doing philosophically tonight owns

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
FAU 2-2 national champs lets go

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

MourningView posted:

MourningView posted:

I didn't say he was bad just not as good as the hype he had coming out of the game and that he made a lot of decisions that made me see why Saban stuck with Hurts. I think Saban mostly wants a QB who isn't going to turn the ball over or gently caress up too much because his natural inclination is to win with defense and the running game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol you are such a baby

He's been really good this year so far. It's still true that he did some boneheaded young player stuff in the title game last year

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Imagine thinking Kirk Ferentz is good and also that you know enough about football to moderate a forum about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Well I don't so

How can you win every year and still get this mad about football goodness

• Locked thread