Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scionix posted:

Nobody is stopping them if they're healthy

Everyone will repeat this post every week because Aggy/MSU/LSU won't "count" after we score 40 on them but it don't matter

I assume Bama will steamroll everyone but...so far which one this year counts as a good defense out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scionix posted:

I think Auburn, LSU, and Georgia are top 15 caliber defenses

I don't particularly think it matters because we have a generational talent at QB right now, but those are solid defenses.

I worded that badly, I was wondering what Bama had proved against the teams they've already played offensively.

Like I said I expect the train to keep rolling, but your previous post seemed to imply Louisville, Ole Miss, and whoever the other team was didn't count. And....they don't seem to count to me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou is going with all gold color rush for the first time ever and it's going to look so sick them dawgs is hell dont they will be stunned into submission bitch

Huh, gold helmets is a first on its own I'm pretty sure.

They're yellow gold, not the Notre Dame metallic gold if anyone is curious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey, that's a pretty nice start.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was a pretty cool interception, the receiver caught the ball and the Mizzou guy just took it away.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha goddamn it.

Georgia did the same drat thing except they returned it for a TD.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Shoulda been saved by forward progress probably, but that'd piss me off if I were a Georgia fan.

You can't review forward progress, way to waste a time out there Barry.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Here, have a make up call of 15 yards after we screwed up and gave the huge favorite a touchdown.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tucker McCanned :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DrunkPanda posted:

Holy cow, Nebraska is bad… I guess this means Colorado is also bad, since we struggled to beat them

You beat Colorado State easily so you're much better than Arkansas if that helps. (It should not help).

PostNouveau posted:

Gimmie the replay on that FG. That was so close

Yeah I just assumed it was good watching it live, but there's no depth perception from the angle they show those at.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Was that not a facemask on Georgia?

It might not have been, it just sure looked like it to me live.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Something's screwed up with Missouri's routes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Tucker don't get shook again and start missing extra points please.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Separate armbands

I think it was Albert O both times so that's not...impossible?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA doin some old man football right now RUN THE drat BALL CHENEY

Seems effective, why bother doing anything else if it works?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri's defense has been much better than I expected through a quarter.

I don't really expect it to last, but credit for that quarter at least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why the gently caress would you run a route and not think that the ball might be thrown to you?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

loving johnson

Lock put it in a bad place.

...perfectly thrown to a wide open Johnson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, it's hard for me to think of a basketball program as powerful as Kansas not being in the P5, the only one I can think of that even comes close to Gonzaga, and that's... a huge gap, tradition and prestige wise. Maybe they could just go indy like Notre Dame did, but even Notre Dame doesn't do that anymore.

Anyway, gently caress Baylor.

Louisville was kind of in the conversation I guess and didn't get into the ACC because of basketball.

Huh, just looked up all time wins and I had no idea Temple was that high. They're #5 overall somehow.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Terry Beckner is pretty cool sometimes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wonder if the wind makes it hard to kick to that side of Mizzou's stadium or something. That's where McCann had trouble too, missing the field goal and almost whiffing an extra point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Nebraska should definitely take this QB out of the game before he dies

How many do they even have on the roster?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel like Drew Lock...

Jesus loving Christ.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I suppose on the bright side if you'd told me Drew lock would throw a pick returned to the 10 & Georgia would get a fumble return for a TD I'd expect Georgia to be up by 30 at this point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sticksy posted:

lol at that punter named Fat Tony and his awful punt

He's pretty good, and even if he wasn't...that was not his fault.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It feels like Missouri should go for this.

Oh cool, they may not even have the option to decide not to because that looks like a fumble.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hed posted:

3 turnovers at the half great job guys

At least that one was a normal, understandable turnover.

The blocked punt was just welp, not gonna block anyone and hope they have a return called. The interception was a perfectly thrown pass to a wide open guy who just forgot that he has hands, and the Albert O thing was just weird on top of probably being a missed call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Terry Beckner is pretty cool sometimes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SmellsLikeToast posted:

That was some Les Miles level wet fart clock management right there.

I think they wanted the half to run out, unless you're complaining about Georgia not calling a time out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SmellsLikeToast posted:

Nah, I was talking about Missouri. Seemed like they were trying to score before the half and forgot about the clock running after the fumble/recovery.

I think they were at first and then got scared after the fumble.

Also Drew Lock is apparently good at making fumbles look like passes, I thought both of those were passes and both were obvious fumbles on replay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Does D Dogg still work at Kent State?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

That was a pretty weak penalty

Just gotta get those guys ready for the NFL apparently.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Will Nebraska outgain Michigan's point total?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
NICE loving TACKLE YOU GODDAMNED...

Jesus loving christ :psyduck:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
They're not gonna overturn that but it would be pretty hilarious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

why are there not pylon cams in ncaafb?

I don't think there are pylon cams for every NFL game. And I I think there are in some college games.

Just a thing where if the broadcast is big enough to pay for it they use it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

i was flipping betwen windows but i saw like 4 replays from views that were not on the goalline

They showed a replay from a different game that had it, this game does not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

has mizzou thrown the ball more than 20 yards down the field yet? not completion but attempted?

Twice I think. Once on third and long, a failed back shoulder throw that was actually placed pretty well but the receiver didn't come up with it (surprise surprise). And they took a shot at Emanuel Hall once but it was out of bounds and he didn't have any separation anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That looked like a forward pass.

and...that play was so ridiculous I want it to stand anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vikingstrike posted:

im not able to watch the game because im at work, but from this thread it seems like if not for the refs, missouri would be up by 50

kirby must have made the checks big today

Missouri's offense hasn't really gotten going at all, so no. Georgia got a free TD early they probably shouldn't have and arguably got another one when a receiver dropped the ball before going into the end zone that was picked up and returned by a Mizzou player (there was legitimately no way to overturn it though, no good angle).

If Missouri stopped doing incredibly stupid poo poo and the refs didn't screw up once or twice it would probably be a pretty close game though.

• Locked thread