Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Fun side-story: Maple Leaf tested audio levels by having us play a bit of Fast RMX before each session. He won first every race, and only in one did I actually not end in tenth...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

The clean power actually did appear before, in Kirby's Dream Land 3! That's also where the friends that show up with the power come from.
I know the episode's name is "Tolerance" but man, the Cleaning ability's flying broom lady is creepy and uncool.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Driblee: Star Allies is looking pretty good so far.
DeKirbyze yourself and face to Driblee.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

City of Heroes was the poo poo back in the day, rip in peace.
Pour one out for every Fire/Devices Blaster and Fire/Kinetics Controller in Issue 1.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

SatansOnion posted:

Chef Kawasaki rules in this game, dang

he can heal people and lay the smack down
There's a reason why Maple and I put him in the thumbnail I made for his videos. Dude is my big fat cooking son.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

can't believe Olive Branch shows his true colours, talking about how useless Driblee and refusing to swap from Chef Kawasaki while repeatedly walking past a literal Chef Kawasaki dispenser
A true chef knows when to heat his oven. :colbert: And Driblee is good only for sushi slices.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

I can't believe I didn't bring up Papers, Please. The auteur project of minimalist gameplay pushing an underplayed story needs to be copied more.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Solumin posted:

Tell us about board games though!
Well, there have been tons of board games in the "renaissance" that we've had this past decade, really starting about 20 years ago tops. From the "classic good ones" for beginners like Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Codenames (probably my favorite board game ever) to tougher ones with some measures of co-operative play or strategy like Pandemic, Forbidden Desert, and Betrayal at House on the Hill, and even fast ones like One Night Werewolf, Star Realms, and Boss Monster... there are plenty of good games out there to get started with a local group!

Check out Shut Up and Sit Down, a British website with two dudes who review board games in depth and give great commentary about what games do well or not, and which ones they recommend. They haven't led me astray yet with recommendations to rent out games in cafes, and if you're looking for a goofier idea of how they're played (and don't mind Wil Wheaton) check out the TableTop series where they play everything from Small World to Munchkin!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Solumin posted:

I'm glad you're bringing Driblee on these. Also, Suplex is totally OP, that's incredible.

Oh hello, I didn't see you there.

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 21, 2018

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Maple Leaf posted:

If, at any point, I had to choose between you and Driblee, well...

Consider yourself fortunate, is all.
Friendship ended with Maple Leaf
Now Chef Kawasaki is my best friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

The last episode was un-chill in terms of OH GOD WE GOTTA SAVE OUR HIDES but it was still a fun experience for me! Cheers for having me once again, Maple.