Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Can confirm, LP is good to have on in the background.

The game looks fun! The co-op looks a bit limited, but it's a Kirby game, they aren't exactly complex.

The puzzle thing reminds me a lot of a Streetpass game, where you assembled puzzles by getting pieces from people who connect with you. (Remember Streetpass? It's a bit dead if you don't live in Tokyo.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Man this game is as cute as heck and all, but I'm disappointed in the ability combos. It seems like they're all just "Attack Up!" which is not really useful in a Kirby game.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I get a little sad every time you pass up the Bounce/Ball ability.

At least, that's what I think the little UFO guy is.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
1) Bulbasaur is really great. :colbert:
2) New Vegas is the best Fallout.
3) Yggy Woods is probably a reference to Yggdrasil.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Tell us about board games though!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

We do love Kirby!

Olive Branch posted:

Well, there have been tons of board games in the "renaissance" that we've had this past decade, really starting about 20 years ago tops. From the "classic good ones" for beginners like Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Codenames (probably my favorite board game ever) to tougher ones with some measures of co-operative play or strategy like Pandemic, Forbidden Desert, and Betrayal at House on the Hill, and even fast ones like One Night Werewolf, Star Realms, and Boss Monster... there are plenty of good games out there to get started with a local group!

Check out Shut Up and Sit Down, a British website with two dudes who review board games in depth and give great commentary about what games do well or not, and which ones they recommend. They haven't led me astray yet with recommendations to rent out games in cafes, and if you're looking for a goofier idea of how they're played (and don't mind Wil Wheaton) check out the TableTop series where they play everything from Small World to Munchkin!

Forbidden Desert is pretty awesome. I like Betrayal, too, though there's only so many times you can play it.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm glad you're bringing Driblee on these. Also, Suplex is totally OP, that's incredible.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Yeah ok the Chef is pretty cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That finale looked incredibly hard. Suplex cheese is real, I guess.

Great job, thanks for the LP! It was pretty chill.