Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I thought maybe that was a false memory. But if not, how did Emma stone survive that? How do we make sense of her episode two plans to go to salt lake?

People survive car accidents and she wanted to go visit her sister's grave c'mon this one's not that tricky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Phlairdon posted:

I viewed it as they never made it to Salt Lake City, so she was wanting to complete the trip in a tribute to her sister and an attempt to put the past behind her. But she couldn't bring herself to do it.
I mean, she told her dad she was going to see her sister. I took that as meaning they buried her there because that's where she wanted to go but never could.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Doltos posted:

He definitely shouldn't have had a love angle with Emma Stone's character that was rewarded in the end. I don't see how her coming to grips with her sister's death leads her to falling in love with Jonah Hill's character.
Y'all keep saying love angle but the show explicitly said they're friends, not lovers, multiple times, including Stone outright rejecting and being grossed out by the friend-analog replacement for Hill.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Astroman posted:

They also leave the door open for romance as well--there's no direct awkward stating of "YES, IT IS GOOD THAT WE ARE NON SEXUAL FRIENDS" or anything like that. The viewer can choose to interpret their future as they wish.
The viewer can do whatever. The show said in exact words, in response to the idea of romance in the real world between Hill and Stone, "oh I guess I must have read into that wrong"

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Astroman posted:

Is there some reason it would be so amazeballs if these two were just friendzoned forever? Is that some new ideal we should strive for in media and life?
yeah, being friends kicks rear end. there's like no loving stories that show leading men and leading women as being capable of friendship and it makes people normalize the gross rear end in a top hat word "friendzone" as if being friends with someone was a somehow lacking end goal of getting to know someone whose genitals are a little easier to interact with