Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

so who's betting on :kav: ?

market seems to think Murkowski is a no while the rest of the GOP falls in line, and Manchin breaks ranks

Murkowski sounded like Collins yesterday when asked about Kav overtunring Roe though, which makes me think she's a yes

it is difficult to imagine only one Republican breaking rank on this, seems like it would have to be 2 or nothing to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

PredictIt with some clever marketing in their email blasts today

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

basically broke even on what’s left of my post-2016 funds

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Next speaker market seems ripe for some near term waves, with news like this popping up

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1062787335245520902

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

literally this big posted:

What? I knew PI could be lovely sometimes but I've never heard of anything like that before.

Also, ^^^ this market ^^^ is a nice reminder to read the rules of every contract and be careful what you buy, and how much you invest into any given market.
:lol: that market is still open?? Incredible

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

literally this big posted:

What, exactly, does this mean?

What should I be doing in this market, where all the Yes options currently total 127¢?
looks like those add up to 109 at latest prices, and the implied Yes price of all those available No's adds up to 104

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

UT-4 feels like a genuine coin flip at this point

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I wonder if there will be some weaseling around "sworn testimony" on account of his written answers not being "sworn" or whatever

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bawfuls posted:

I wonder if there will be some weaseling around "sworn testimony" on account of his written answers not being "sworn" or whatever
pretty sure this is the entirety of the reason it's not at 98+ right now

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah but PredictIt still hasn't figured out if there was a furlough back in what, February? I wouldn't put it past them to get confused about "sworn" here.

That being said I bought some Yes shares so :shrug:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Will Bernie Run? is still under 70c and it's basically free money imo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

candidate announcements are happening now and in the next few months, seems like the right time to be playing them

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

"Will Bernie Run?" just paid out so I'm armed and ready for primary season. What are people playing near-term before the rollercoaster of the main primary market really gets going?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the move this early is to play the swings of the clowncar field

every time someone announces, they get a bump

much like the GOP primary last time around, several different candidates will surge and wane at various times

you can make a killing playing those swings if you're on it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

yeah that sounds like a dumb complaint from people who’re new to the site

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Biden No available for 9c. Apparently he's pushing back any launch until "after Easter" and is considering a "one-term pledge."
these all seem like indicators he's still gonna do it tho

i'm in that market but i can't bring myself to dive in deeper even at 9c

i'm just not sure he can resist the sirens call of all those polls showing him in the lead

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

yeah that's fair, I guess I have such a low opinion of him and his self-awareness that I'm jaded, but patterning off his 2016 behavior makes sense

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Feeling good about those second debate markets right now. Got some Bernie biggest gainer at 9c, and Biden biggest loser was an easy call when the lineups came out.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rasmussen strikes again!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

only trouble is that market won’t close for like another year

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Also a pretty good day to pick up some Bernie YES nomination shares. It was down as low as 5c on Wednesday, but still under 10c is a steal considering his strong fundraising. He will surely peak higher than that even if he doesn't win.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bloomberg’s entry today has helped my negative risk situation in the primary market. I’m now in the money for all outcomes aside from Biden/Pete/Bloomberg. Thanks Mike!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

here's a link to the market in question btw, up to 81 now https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6075/Will-Mike-Bloomberg-file-to-run-for-president-by-1-31

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Seems pretty safe at this point to bet against Yang making the January debate. He’s only got 1 of the needed 4 qualifying polls (since November 14th) and he’s only got 8 days left. His desperate plea for the DNC to commission its own polls was met with a “lol nope” last week. No still trading in the low to mid 80’s

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6244/Will-Andrew-Yang-qualify-for-the-January-Democratic-debate

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 01:51 on Jan 3, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I got burned by the Steyer poll too but betting against Yang making it has canceled that out

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I’m in line for big gains from the Bern man but my numbers are puny because I got my clock cleaned by hubris in 2016 and vowed never to throw additional funds into this degenerate website. My big mistake was last minute moving my hedge (no on Trump >370 EVs) to Trump.NO. Would have preserved about half my bankroll if I’d left that alone, instead I was left with like 15% of it.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

back up to 40c or so now, poo poo is all over the place

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

a compounding factor is the Predictit market is based on delegates, not votes, and a tie goes to ratface because of alphabet

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

market just flipped again :getin:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That Iowa market is going to sit open for weeks now. It'll be funny when the "will Iowa winner also win NH?" market can't close after NH because the Iowa market is still open

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

looks like the Iowa market may be on the move again soon

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah my NH got filled at 82 earlier this morning. Not sure where to put it to catch a post-NH bump now. Kinda get the feeling I should just roll state win profits in to the nomination itself at this point. Betting margin of victory feels like a fool's errand.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Comrayn posted:

I’m getting out of the NV caucus market. Too many signs they are setting it up to be as hosed up as Iowa so I’m taking my 23 cent gains and running.
They were able to gently caress with Iowa because it was so close. It was close because Pete poured most of his resources into the state for months, and it’s extremely white. Pete has much weaker ground game in Nevada by comparison, meanwhile Bernie has been canvassing there for months. NV is also heavily Latino, which is Bernie’s strongest racial demographic and has been consistently for months and months. Nevada will not be close enough for Iowa type fuckery.

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Feb 12, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

WampaLord posted:

:siren: ABANDON THE STEYER STRATEGY :siren:

He dropped out
I just read this post and sold the 1c Steyer shares I'd bought yesterday. Thanks WampaLord!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

feel like Vox has been the king of this thread and predecessors for four years now

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I think the January fundraising FEC report comes out this Saturday (the 15th) so that may give us more clarity on dropouts. If Warren’s January fundraising is bad enough her dropout market probably bumps a few points on that news alone

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that tweet got me too, it’s fake news but still fun

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tunicate posted:

he could just be buying them up himself to help build a narrative, how much would it cost to do that?
A pathetically small amount of money. I just looked at MS for example, and right now it would take $103 to buy every Bloomberg.YES offer up to 70c.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I also wonder how much he could pump it before it became so obvious as to make the site no longer newsworthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

wait till Biden eats poo poo in Nevada and that should impact the SC market