Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Dontnod kind of ate their lunch in the chill feelsy narrative game genre, so at least I still have that.... for now

Dontnod and feels games will be fine. Telltale made games really fast and cheaply which means that sometimes when they had the right people working on a project it turned out really good, and then immediately after it came out the ones who made it good would leave lol. Happened to both Borderlands and TWD Season 1.

There's pretty clearly a demand for this kind of game if they're good, I think this is mostly just people getting tired of Telltale's output and not cause these kind of games don't sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

The weirdest bit of news to come out of this is that the only game they made that ever turned a profit was Minecraft Story Mode

I think I heard that TWD Season 1 did too but yea everything else was propped up by investor money.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Looking back I'm actually shocked they survived as long as they did.

They probably sold a bunch of the Minecraft game on other platforms but yea that feels accurate. I'm kinda shocked they made another Batman game after the first one tanked.

• Locked thread