Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I like that Telltale Games saw the Acclaim and LJN business model and thought "let's try that".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'll always appreciate Telltale for making "adventure" games accessable to people who don't want to gently caress around in menus 90% of the time trying to figure out the next crappy obtuse puzzle. I don't care what anyone says. Old School adventure games suck rear end.

Agreed. The only two point and click adventures (out of all that I've tried) is Maniac Mansion on the NES and Discworld for the PS1. Give those two a try.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

lmao discworld is a nightmare even for people who love point and clicks, all the puzzles are gags from the books, its nonsense

I never read a single Discworld book and in fact did not even know it was based on a book until years later.

I still loved it, especially the humor and the music. I didn't find the puzzles that ridiculous

Also there was a hidden F bomb in the game that wasn't discovered until like two months ago lol

• Locked thread