Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gently caress you tells tales games for making the aqfil sam and max reboot which i played for 10 minites and never played again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

They didnt even come remotely close to making a game I wanted to play, but it's cool that they... did.. whatever it is adventure gaming people like

They werent good at that either

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if i got laid off from a programming job in san francisco i'd use the opportunity to move literally anywhere else on the planet and maybe not program anymore, instead of going to san rafael to meet a quebecoise french pedophile who says hon hon hon je suis buy le tapas and zee smhall platters fohr ou, oui oui

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

lmao discworld is a nightmare even for people who love point and clicks, all the puzzles are gags from the books, its nonsense

I remember the best discworld game being the 3rd one which was a detective story thing and dropped a lot of the crap from the 1st game. I never played the 2nd tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

the games wadjet eye puts out (including unavowed) are wonderful and have been getting easier over time, and started pretty easy. i absolutely love the blackwell series

the pleasure in a point and click adventure is a slow burn, it is teasing out the logic of the developers, its like pulling at a knot, finding the right way things go together

I want the person who made kathy rain to make more games on the kathy rain verse as well

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

I still like Quest for Glory to this day but trying to play any of the other old Sierra games is a waste of time.

The qfg games were the best sierra games because the puzzles werent insane Roberta Williams strained logic puzzles and if you didnt want to do the puzzle for max points you always had a couple other solutions like kicking the door down or shooting a spell

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

lucasarts game where your puzzle is to use a piece of twine tied to a pigeon to get a pack of fart-gum that someone threw onto the roof, and then use your spork to flick the fart-gum into the security guard's mouth so that he farts so hard he shits himself and has to run to the bath room, allowing you access to the "lovely boxers"

300 pound gen-x nostalgia gamer: "Hahahaha, they don't make games like they used to!"

if you knew ANYTihing you know that's classic sierra logic especially kings quest 5 style. lucasarts games were generally much less obtuse for the most part although they did have some egregious ones too liek THE DIG which starts off with a musicpuzzle iirc. gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

The Dig puzzle where you have to put the skeleton back together completely broke me mentally and spiritually as a kid and I never recovered

i'm pretty sure i gave up on it at the music puzzle 10 minutes into the gamesince those are always the worst

• Locked thread