Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The worst thing
the absolute worst thing
in the handheld Castlevanias is choosing whether I want to dash or use a combat move, and make me go into the menu to switch.
Timespinner lets me have that cake and eat it.

Also game remains hella straightforward.
I was honestly expecting the emperor to be a bit (just a weensy bit) more nuanced from the beginning but 'You can't Keep her from me/I'll find you bitch" just threw any hope of that straight out the window. Not even nuanced in the 'he has a salient point' way, but in the 'WHAT IS A MAN' kind of way.

Yeah, he's built up as having these ideals that are possibly positive and Lachiem itself is seen as a pretty neat place up until the weirdness that went down when you start messing with time, but that line and how Lunais mom handles him makes me almost think he's a stand-in for a bad breakup or a strawman for a very particular point about toxic masculinity. Which is unfortunate, because with just a little more subtlety this could be made to be a very effective take on an overly clingy man willing to rewrite time to have his heir back.

Where I appreciate the lack of subtlety is when the game goes "gently caress nazis, you can't deal with them. In fact, go kill off Hitler if you can." That's where the game's writing style works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU