Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Ryushikaze posted:

As for the time powers, I agree that them being optional is great, I also wish, though, that there was more to them, like a slow down or rewind power.
It's certainly something, but I'm not sure "great" is the word I would use. I'm roughly at the same point as the LP right now and I can't deny that it's definitely a well-made and engaging game so far, at least as far as the metroidvania elements of it go. Still, for a game called Timespinners, I kind of expected the whole "time" part to matter a bit more... or at all, really.

I mean, I wasn't exactly expecting Sands of Time here, but I did go into it with the assumption that I'd actually get to play around with at least a few timey-wimey powers of some sort. The way the game keeps revolving around its time travel plot but never reflects it in the actual gameplay was kind of a letdown to me. There's never even any reason to use the one actual time power that you do get - you literally don't need it for anything. Like, it's not even as if there are any tedious or badly designed puzzles, no shoehorned-in gimmicks, nothing that normally hints at a developer not knowing how to turn the core concept into actual gameplay. Instead, it's more like they didn't even bother trying and just built the game around not having any time manipulation mechanics at all. It's a competently designed game, but considering how "you have weird time powers, go do time stuff" is literally the entire premise of game from beginning to end, the way it is actively built around completely failing to actually give you any time powers is just... weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU