Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Oh man, the Shattered Orb... That carried me through, like, 75% of the game. Its spell is absurdly close range but it hits like a truck and takes, like, next to no Aura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And this is a criticism I have of the game, since the orbs level up, and spells level up alongside them (I didnt have the patience to test rings), you are eventually forced into a smaller selection of things youve already been using and/or things that were given a higher base damage so they look favorable compared to earlier orbs you have. It discourages mixing and matching to the situation since you are almost always better off sticking to what you've been using.

Yeah, it's the same problem with familiars in SotN and basically any weapon system that has level-ups like this. I will say that there are a few orbs that have a great deal of use from level 1 even in the late game, but I won't go into detail on that.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

So, to explain the Sprite: You know how Meyef spits fire at enemies sometimes? Well, the sprite gives you a miniscule heal at a similar interval. Like, 6 HP or some nonsense.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

The Bombardment spell does several high-power hits. The reason you didn't see many results is because you were using it on enemies that fell apart after two. Try it on a boss.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Also theyre how I destroyed the Idol boss in less than a minute.
Bombardment makes absolute swiss cheese of anything weak to strike damage, which the Cheveurs arent in general.

Just bosses in general, really. Unless they're super mobile bastards, you get an enormous bang for a frankly infinitesimal amount of Aura cost.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Epicmissingno posted:

Regarding the chests, if this is as much like Order of Ecclesia as all the other details suggest it is, then they have a chance to be rare chests and a chance to be common chests, and it's re-rolled when you leave and re-enter the area. Wooden ones in this case would be common, and metal ones would be rare.

Nah, it's just about what's in them. Chests with parts you use with Nel and chests with stat ups don't refresh. Literally all other ones do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

So, now that you've beaten the game... Did you know you can cut out huge swathes of backtracking with Warp Shards?