Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
... uh...

Well, that's a quick way to make me immediately suspicious of Vilete there, what with that incredibly direct 14 words reference. I wonder how the dev'll handle it (I should probably note that I'm... kinda suspicious of them too now, what the hell.)

MShadowy fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Iny posted:

Suspicious that they might be heavy-handed, unsubtle writers? Sure, that's reasonable. Suspicious that they might be Nazis themselves for being very unsubtle about how one of the bad guys in their game is Magical Hitler? Thaaaaat's a bit of a stretch.

(I don't know if you're suggesting the latter. I actually saw someone suggest that yesterday on another forum, though.)

Having not played through the game and with no knowledge of what comes later, my immediate response was that this was a reference that I somewhat doubt most people would pick up on since the knowledge to recognize it is afaik relatively obscure, which was why I felt suspicious over its inclusion. I'm definitely gonna give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since it seemed so incongruous with the plot surrounding it, it's just a weird thing to have done.

And admittedly I'm kinda on edge lately. Sorry.

MShadowy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 1, 2018