Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

Silly, who did you end up inviting? I am still trying to figure out who Sabby is.

Also, apologies for slacking on the awards/punishments. I am in 5 leagues and time has been stretched way thin. So...thoughts on both?

Punishment could be as simple as an avi update for Sabby...or it could be something sinister like waxing legs/arms...having to sign every post with some pro other NFCS team rhetoric...etc.

Rewards could be...playoff teams get an NFCS gang tag, though someone would have to design/purchase/etc. Avi update for the winner...etc. I also figured for the first year, we would see how it went, see who returns next year (hopefully everyone) and make the punishments and awards a little more valuable.

Thoughts?

I don’t remember who I invited, but they were all goons from the thread.

I’m ok with avs for the winner and dead last loser this year. And if we keep this a free (or chipping in a couple of bucks for the avs) league, that’s fine with me overall. I do like the NFC South gang tag idea though.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hey, wanna make it a little more fun? I'll play the New Orleans D if you'll play the Atlanta D. :)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey, wanna make it a little more fun? I'll play the New Orleans D if you'll play the Atlanta D. :)

loving down!

Waiver claim in.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly, who did you end up inviting? I am still trying to figure out who Sabby is.

Found Sabby. It's kidcoelacanth:

wandler20 posted:

This is legit. And gently caress you to whoever named their team Sabby Piscitelli. Forever triggered.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Nice work gumshoe!

That bastard is laying low knowing he has an avi coming!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Damnit Silly I wanted Ballage!!! Hopefully Conner sits again this week. :ohdear:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So this is some kind of keeper league or something? I've never done one of those, but my waiver claims on some dudes on the IR went through, so I guess I can ask for the details now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

So this is some kind of keeper league or something? I've never done one of those, but my waiver claims on some dudes on the IR went through, so I guess I can ask for the details now.

Should be 2 keepers.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Should be 2 keepers.

Ah, OK. I don't think either of my IR pickups (Devonta Freeman and AJ Green) are better than my healthy keeps (Michael Thomas and Marlon Mack or Dalvin Cook), but I guess I've kept the rest of you from getting them.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 19, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sucks that I had such a good run to earn that bye only to have my team put together a turrible outing in the playoffs, but I'm still pretty pleased that I managed to earn the 2 seed in my first time in a PPR league.

James White was a PPR god this year, and so was Zeke.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Should be 2 keepers.

Question. Do you think 2 is too few? Should we do 3? 4?

WampaLord posted:

Sucks that I had such a good run to earn that bye only to have my team put together a turrible outing in the playoffs, but I'm still pretty pleased that I managed to earn the 2 seed in my first time in a PPR league.

James White was a PPR god this year, and so was Zeke.

White was MVP til Michel came back.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He still got plenty of touches (and more importantly, catches!) even with Michel in the mix.

Really my ultimate flaw was Stafford collapsing from his usual status of fantasy GOAT back to more accurate numbers, forcing me to scramble to stream other QB options. Drafting a solid QB will definitely be my focus for next year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

He still got plenty of touches (and more importantly, catches!) even with Michel in the mix.

Really my ultimate flaw was Stafford collapsing from his usual status of fantasy GOAT back to more accurate numbers, forcing me to scramble to stream other QB options. Drafting a solid QB will definitely be my focus for next year.

Yeah, he did better than I thought after Michel came back after looking at the stats. All I know is I was super jealous because he was an absolute stud the first half of the season.

Stafford is usually a safe pick but man he tanked bad this year.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

If you have too many keepers then it makes it impossible for a crappy team to compete.

1 keeper is probably best. 2 at the absolute most.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I like the idea of just doing 1 keeper.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Question. Do you think 2 is too few? Should we do 3? 4?

In other leagues, we do 2 the first year, 1 the next, then everyone goes back in the pool. I’m fine with that way or 2 every year, but letting the keepers go down makes it more fair in the long run IMO so that someone doesn’t keep Kamara for 10 years.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've never done a keeper league, but more than 2 seems like a lot.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Thanks all. 2 seemed like a lot to me, but this is my first experience with it so I wasn't sure. We will keep it at 2 and see how it goes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Don’t forget that you can (assuming wAc allows it) trade your keepers for draft picks or other keepers once they’re selected (usually at the beginning/middle of August). Other leagues may allow trades all year long but I think that’s more of a full team dynasty league, and I’ve never done that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Don’t forget that you can (assuming wAc allows it) trade your keepers for draft picks or other keepers once they’re selected (usually at the beginning/middle of August). Other leagues may allow trades all year long but I think that’s more of a full team dynasty league, and I’ve never done that.

Yeah, we are allowing trades of keepers for picks!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
In the keeper league I used to run you could keep 2.

-No more than 1 at a certain position.
-You couldn't keep anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds.
-Each kept player moved up a round every year (6th round pick counted as a 5th if kept).
-3 years was the max you could keep one player.

Just a few ideas to throw out there.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

-You couldn't keep anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds.

Well then what the gently caress is the point of having a keeper?!?

I thought the whole point was that you hang onto your best dudes, who you presumably drafted early. This seems like a weird and counter intuitive change.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

there are generally 2 kinds of keeper leagues

leagues where you effectively give up early picks to keep guys, like a 1st for the first guy you keep, a 2nd for the second and so on,

and leagues where you keep based on where he's drafted, usually going up a round each time he's kept

in the first I'm 100% keeping kamara, who's been the best player on my team, but in the second keeping mahomes, who I drafted in the 9th round and would likely only cost me like, a 8th in next seasons draft. While we've talked about potentially making this a keeper league, I don't think we ever actually discussed how we'd actually run it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

TheFlyingLlama posted:

there are generally 2 kinds of keeper leagues

leagues where you effectively give up early picks to keep guys, like a 1st for the first guy you keep, a 2nd for the second and so on,

We will be going this route.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh, that's an interesting way to go about it.

It actually seems to me like it's a bit of a trap for the people with good teams. People are loss-averse, so they'll keep more than they should and give a big advantage to people who don't value the lovely team they had the year before. The more people keep 2, the better someone who abandons every player does.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, that's an interesting way to go about it.

It actually seems to me like it's a bit of a trap for the people with good teams. People are loss-averse, so they'll keep more than they should and give a big advantage to people who don't value the lovely team they had the year before. The more people keep 2, the better someone who abandons every player does.

I've also heard that you don't necessarily have to keep 2, and instead get picks instead. So if you wanted to do a complete reboot on your team, you could. Up to us what we want to do :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I want to have a great team and I want the rest of you to kiss my buttocks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Also, depending on how we do draft order, I’ll probably be picking 14th again :smug:, so if I lost my 1st and second round picks because of it, it would literally be the same players I picked in August.

Well, I’d probably swap OBJ for Bell, thanks whoever dropped him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Welp I got Watson'd

Womp womp

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
All I need is for Jordy Nelson to score less than 30 points to be safe and no stat corrections.

:pray:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

My championship hopes rely on Jordy Nelson in TYOOL 2018

:rip:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Everybody knows the real champion is the consolation bracket champion

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

the real champion is whoever wins out and isn't last place, imo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

:smuggo:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It is now official. Your inaugural champion of the TFF NFC South Dynasty League:

IF YOU SEEK A FALCON

I am now officially “The Man”. :getin:

Congrats to wAc for a close game!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 25, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes, not last place by 2 points.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I think I'm gonna want to make an NFC South gang tag as my championship winning avatar prize, but can't decide on what it should look like. Maybe use the fonts from the different team names as different letters in NFC South? I don't know. Anyone have any better ideas?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
it should be sean paytons face shouting "superbowl call" at the line judge.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The fantasy football year is right around the corner y'all! :dance:

I renewed our league, Yahoo servers are jacked. That's about where we are at the moment.

Question for now : How many keepers would you guys like? How it works is let's say Silly wants to keep Bell and CMC as he says, and we have a max keeper pool of 4. He would forfeit his first 2 picks (Rounds 1 and 2) for retaining those players and would begin drafting in Round 3. Let's say someone had a poo poo team and they don't want to keep anyone, they would begin drafting in Round 1. Make sense?

So...how many?

I have heard and read that some leagues keep up to 10, which seems stupid to me, so my vote would be 4. This would reward the teams that drafted well and would really help the teams who did not last year.

Also, does anyone NOT want in this year? I am assuming that everyone will be back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I only have 2 dudes worth keeping so I'm voting for 2