Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I only have 2 dudes worth keeping so I'm voting for 2

So to be clear, and just so you are aware (which you already may be I just want to confirm), even if it is 4 you can still keep your 2 and would only mean you would start drafting in round 3 instead of someone who kept 4 who would start drafting in round 5. I'm good with your vote of 2, I just wanted to clarify.

Also the server error is cleared and our league page is now accessible.

I would also like to vote on monetary rewards for 1st-3rd place. Would everyone be willing to put in :10bux: to one of those fantasy football holding sites so we can add some incentives here? Last year was kinda touch and go first year and we really didn't do what I wanted (even though Silly made that awesome gang tag) but cash prizes and punishment for last place is something I would like to do providing everyone else is down.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

weird Asian candy posted:

So to be clear, and just so you are aware (which you already may be I just want to confirm), even if it is 4 you can still keep your 2 and would only mean you would start drafting in round 3 instead of someone who kept 4 who would start drafting in round 5. I'm good with your vote of 2, I just wanted to clarify.
yeah this is 100% a spite vote to screw over anyone good enough to have more than 2 dudes worth keeping

I would also like to vote on monetary rewards for 1st-3rd place. Would everyone be willing to put in :10bux: to one of those fantasy football holding sites so we can add some incentives here? Last year was kinda touch and go first year and we really didn't do what I wanted (even though Silly made that awesome gang tag) but cash prizes and punishment for last place is something I would like to do providing everyone else is down.
yeah, I'm down for 10 bucks

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

yeah this is 100% a spite vote to screw over anyone good enough to have more than 2 dudes worth keeping

yeah, I'm down for 10 bucks

lol I can appreciate that

And cool, thanks for replying about the cash. Thinking we would do a cash prize for 1-3 and then set aside :10bux: for an avatar for last place. Will have to figure out the math if everyone else is in.

Keeper Amount Vote Tally:

Keeper # : Votes

1 : |
2 : |||||||
3 :
4 : ||

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 20, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I’m down with up to four keepers at the cost of draft picks. Also the $10. In another goon league, we just PayPal the commish the money, but whatever everyone wants.

I also want a HALL OF CHAMPIONS to be added to the OP.

And put my team name/user name in lights under the HALL OF CHAMPIONS dammit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I vote 2 keepers. $10 is cool.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I strongly oppose any keepers. My reasoning is that I had no idea keepers were a thing and once I realized last season that I wouldn't win I did a lot of random experimentation and ended up with a bunch of random not-very-good players because I was just having fun with it and see if I could hit with an overlooked guy. I may not even have one player worth keeping and I certainly don't have two, and I think it'd be a pretty big bummer for me to have a couple lovely players and then all the best guys aren't even available in the draft so I never recover.

I say we start tabula rasa and see who can do that limited game best. If I must vote though, 1.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm for 2 keepers, 10 bucks

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Thank you all, updated the keeper vote count!

Play posted:

I strongly oppose any keepers. My reasoning is that I had no idea keepers were a thing and once I realized last season that I wouldn't win I did a lot of random experimentation and ended up with a bunch of random not-very-good players because I was just having fun with it and see if I could hit with an overlooked guy. I may not even have one player worth keeping and I certainly don't have two, and I think it'd be a pretty big bummer for me to have a couple lovely players and then all the best guys aren't even available in the draft so I never recover.

I say we start tabula rasa and see who can do that limited game best. If I must vote though, 1.

It definitely rewards teams that draft well, but I think you will see that even if we have 4 that hardly anyone will keep 4. Plus, if they do...you get first crack at the rookies and there will be some really good names that will not get kept due to age.

Silly Burrito posted:

I also want a HALL OF CHAMPIONS to be added to the OP.

And put my team name/user name in lights under the HALL OF CHAMPIONS dammit.

Ugh, do I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave to?

:negative:

I would have owned your rear end so hard if AJ Green didn't gently caress me in the booty hole!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I would have owned your rear end so hard if AJ Green didn't gently caress me in the booty hole!

This needs to be photoshopped as a Street Fighter “defeated” quote.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If it’s any consolation, I am perfectly happy with a HALL OF FIRST LOSERS section in the OP as well and you can put your team name/user name there. :getin:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

If it’s any consolation, I am perfectly happy with a HALL OF FIRST LOSERS section in the OP as well and you can put your team name/user name there. :getin:

Why do you hurt me so :cry:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

"This whole things smacks of gender" I yell as I tip over my uncles BBQ grill, turning the Hall of Champions into the Hall of poo poo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Are we doing draft order randomly or inverse order of record/final standings?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It definitely rewards teams that draft well, but I think you will see that even if we have 4 that hardly anyone will keep 4. Plus, if they do...you get first crack at the rookies and there will be some really good names that will not get kept due to age.

so given my situation in that I don't want any keepers, would you recommend voting 1 or voting 4?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Are we doing draft order randomly or inverse order of record/final standings?

Inverse order.

Play posted:

so given my situation in that I don't want any keepers, would you recommend voting 1 or voting 4?

Well the higher the number the more guys you potentially miss out on so yea I would stick with your 1.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

im gonna get loving owned. quote this when it comes true

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I know normally the winner speaks in SF2, but wAc’s quote was :discourse:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
did... did Ryu have a soul patch?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

I know normally the winner speaks in SF2, but wAc’s quote was :discourse:

:laffo: :lol:

Well played good sir

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That's cool for this year, but I have a proposal for next year. Whoever makes the playoffs gets inverse order of finish the next year (So I'd draft 14th, wAc 13th, etc.). However, whoever makes the consolation bracket, they're playing for the #1 draft pick next year, and the consolation bracket then goes the other way. So the winner of the consolation bracket gets the #1 pick next year, the runner-up gets #2, and so on.

I do this in another league, and it's called the Toilet Bowl vs the Super Bowl. However, we have found that it keeps people playing as it gives them something to play for, and it absolutely destroys the urge to tank, because if you deliberately tank, you're not drafting #1, you're drafting #7 or #8. Sometimes people forget that and we point and laugh at them.

Suggestion for payout with 14 teams:

1st place - 80 bucks
2nd place - 40 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks
Last place avatar - 10 bucks

OR

1st place - 80 bucks
2nd place - 30 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks
Either highest weekly score of the season or regular season champion - 10 bucks (Personally, I'd say highest weekly score because everyone still qualifies every week to shoot for that)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

That's cool for this year, but I have a proposal for next year. Whoever makes the playoffs gets inverse order of finish the next year (So I'd draft 14th, wAc 13th, etc.). However, whoever makes the consolation bracket, they're playing for the #1 draft pick next year, and the consolation bracket then goes the other way. So the winner of the consolation bracket gets the #1 pick next year, the runner-up gets #2, and so on.

I do this in another league, and it's called the Toilet Bowl vs the Super Bowl. However, we have found that it keeps people playing as it gives them something to play for, and it absolutely destroys the urge to tank, because if you deliberately tank, you're not drafting #1, you're drafting #7 or #8. Sometimes people forget that and we point and laugh at them.

Suggestion for payout with 14 teams:

1st place - 80 bucks
2nd place - 40 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks

OR

1st place - 80 bucks
2nd place - 30 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks
Either highest weekly score of the season or regular season champion - 10 bucks (Personally, I'd say highest weekly score because everyone still qualifies every week to shoot for that)

I like all this and was already thinking about a bonus for high score for regular season...

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Fine with 2 keepers and 10 bucks. Consolation bracket for first pick or nominal money makes sense.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
2 keepers 10 bucks is fine by me.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I'm fine with $10 and 2 keepers.

If this wasn't the internet I'd say make it interesting and go with a roll of the dice to see how many keepers you get, but without everyone being in the same room, someone 's gonna complain about cheating.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:10bux: 2 keepers

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'm no math major, but looks like 2 Keepers is going to be it and $10 will be the buy in. I don't mind you guys pay pal'ing me, I just know the poo poo that went down with PWP last year and while I know I would never do such a thing, I would understand if y'all were not comfortable sending me the money and instead using a 3rd party.

In the coming weeks, I'll update the keeper settings, and finalize all the monetary rewards and punishments!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm no math major, but looks like 2 Keepers is going to be it and $10 will be the buy in. I don't mind you guys pay pal'ing me, I just know the poo poo that went down with PWP last year and while I know I would never do such a thing, I would understand if y'all were not comfortable sending me the money and instead using a 3rd party.

In the coming weeks, I'll update the keeper settings, and finalize all the monetary rewards and punishments!

who cares its ten bucks. I'd sacrifice ten bucks just for the hilarity of someone running off with it, although I know you wouldn't do that.

pretty sure I don't have a single person that's worth skipping the first round for, but it's also hard to know who everyone else will be keeping. I suppose once everyone decide who they're keeping, then a list will become available of the players that will be in the draft?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

yeah.

now if you do run off with the money I'm crowdfunding a redtext for you, but past that who cares it's 10bucks lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TheFlyingLlama posted:

yeah.

now if you do run off with the money I'm crowdfunding a redtext for you, but past that who cares it's 10bucks lol

But can we trust you if we all send a dollar?

The distrust, it runs deep.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Just got back from vacation, so I'll get everything setup probably next week.

We are getting close!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Just got back from vacation, so I'll get everything setup probably next week.

We are getting close!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI

Play
Apr 25, 2006

this week has somehow lasted a full 25 days. ive never seen anything like it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

I haven't seen wAc post in a while, maybe he died?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Dibs on his best players

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

He’s waiting until the 28th day.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i mean im not bothered if you guys aren't, although I am kind of excited to get started. I'm starting fresh (because I'm not a BITCH) and I'm excited to make a bunch of horrible picks and then back them up with horrible trades. when do fantasy leagues generally start anyways, I mean I suppose as long as it's before the season starts that's all that matters

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Most leagues usually aim for 3rd to 4th week of preseason unless it's a super hardcore or dynasty league

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Not dead! Though going through some things that is kinda forcing me to step back from a lot of things...SA included...so apologies for leaving this hanging. I'm not going to get into why, but I just made Silly commish and removed myself from the league so you will need 1 more team. All I will say it has absolutely nothing to do with any of you, you all are great. I probably will not return to SA, at least for a long time, but I appreciate all of you and wish your fantasy and real teams nothing but the best in the future! Peace out my NFCS bros, it's been fun. You all have my email, if you want to drop a line please do and I will try to do the same (I am terrible at staying in touch).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Not dead! Though going through some things that is kinda forcing me to step back from a lot of things...SA included...so apologies for leaving this hanging. I'm not going to get into why, but I just made Silly commish and removed myself from the league so you will need 1 more team. All I will say it has absolutely nothing to do with any of you, you all are great. I probably will not return to SA, at least for a long time, but I appreciate all of you and wish your fantasy and real teams nothing but the best in the future! Peace out my NFCS bros, it's been fun. You all have my email, if you want to drop a line please do and I will try to do the same (I am terrible at staying in touch).

Good luck with whatever's going on!

No worries about bailing; poo poo happens. I'm sure we can make it a 14-team league if you ever find yourself with free time again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hey good luck with everything, man. I know that your life's been a bit disordered with work changing and your wife's startup and such (I think that's you) so go do what do what you gotta do.

I guess I'll post in the NFC South thread for another team to join unless there was someone waiting