Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

We will use this thread for all of our fantasy league chat as to not offend some rando anonymous bitch rear end nfc south poster in the other thread :colbert:

Items on the agenda...

- Figure out winner reward
- Figure out loser punishment
- Laugh at wandler's horrible team

Manager/Team Name List

If You Seek a Falcon - Silly Burrito
Crab Snatchers - wandler20
BLEW DAT - weird Asian candy
Honey FunchessofOats - The Flying Llama
Cammy Cam Juice - waah
Doyle Rules - MarquisDeCarabas
FitzMagic Mike - Joey Freshwater
Freeman On the Land - Play!
Jameis' loving W - Chilichimp
Sabby Piscitelli -
The Duh Arnolds - PostNouveau
The W Eaters - WampaLord
Tom Benson's Ghost - Paul Proteus
Uber Grope No Hope - YOLOSubmarine

:siren: HALL OF CHAMPIONS :siren:

2018-2019 FFL Season - Silly Burrito

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

PostNouveau posted:

I am the only 3-0 manager all y'all eat my butt

Jake Butt is a FA, op...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Also may Ben throw all of the picks tonight, Amen.

I raise my fist in solidarity!

Silly Burrito posted:

You need to add that t-shirt into the OP.

Ask and ye shall receive.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

You're all right, Shath. Your team sucks, but you're good people. :D

:wink:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Just wanna point out that I have the highest scoring team...nbd...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I'm really looking forward to getting LeVeon Bell in like a week or two

Dat Ridley pick doe...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Which will frustrate the hell out of you when you lose a game you should've won.

So we will have one 3-0 team, and a crapload of 2-1 and 1-2 teams, huh? Everything's still up for grabs.

Yes. You basically just described my fantasy football history over the past 19 years. Score 2nd most points only to lose to theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee first most points :argh:

Don't forget the one 0-3 team *cough* WANDLER *cough*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

Royce Freeman and Jordan Howard are a pretty bad RB tandem. I got lucky this week because Lindsay got ejected but overall my RB game is poo poo. My receivers are amazing though, in fact I have more than I know what to do with (Antonio Brown, Adam Thielen, Marquise Goodwin, Kenny Golladay, Calvin Ridley and Ted Ginn)

If anyone wants to help me rectify this situation and has a good RB let me know somehow

I just looked at my RB depth and lol :rip:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

What's your team name? In fact, I'll suggest we put the team names in the OP to make it easier to know who has what team. (Yeah I could search for those players and match them up but I'm lazy.)

If You Seek A Falcon: Silly Burrito

Updated the OP.

Who is Sabby again? I don't think I sent an invite to him so he is not in my sent items...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That BLEW DAT pts for doe...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

It's been a few years since I played fantasy football, but IIRC the points leader is basically guaranteed to not get the No. 1 playoff spot and not make it past the 2nd playoff round at best.

In my experience, the points leader is going to get one of the top spots, a bye, and a 2nd round exit :smithicide:

So yeah, you nailed it...

Silly Burrito posted:

Yet you're still 2-1.

I've played the toughest competition so far if you go by points against, but still 2-1. :)

My collapse is imminent.

But I beat you so that's all that matters...

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 26, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

For you, it was the greatest day in your life and your highest achievement.

For me, it was a Tuesday.

For me, it was a fantasy football win where I went 'rekt' then continued with my day...but please continue injecting more value of yourself into my life if it makes you feel better. :)

I'm not a Saints fan...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That actress...hummina hummina

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Guy in my big money league, who is 0-3, has Kupp. Gonna lose to the last winless team...fml

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I need Alex Collins to go off...gonna probably lose this week :sigh:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Not only did I win, I scored the most points in the league this week and my TE got hurt and didn't even score a point!

Welcome to the win column!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

That is my one pet peeve, and this isn't directed at you Play, just in general. If someone makes a trade offer, just accept, decline, or even throw back a kicker for your whole team trade back. I always wonder if the person saw it and just didn't like it or if they didn't see it, or if they're insulted by it when I don't get a response.

lol I was bitching about this very thing in the main ffl thread. Drives me insane!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

Word yeah I didn't want to do anything accidentally so I didn't touch it, next time I'll make sure to give a solid yes or no

It's all good, it's your first time playing and it's one of those things you learn as fantasy football etiquette :)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

3-2, better than last week.

:hellyeah:

Also, I picked up Cleveland's defense but forgot to put them in and barely won (by 1 pt) against W Eaters. Being in 5 leagues is hard :smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Rekt*

*by 1 point

:smug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I lost again. 1-4. Just like the Falcons.

Hopefully after next week you will be 1-5. Just like the Falcons.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

If that means the Bucs win, I'll take it.

I'm pulling for you but I feel like we both know Atlanta is going to win this dumb game.

Silly Burrito posted:

Being in 6 has got me to the point where I just set my lineup on Sunday and forget about it. I can't remember who I'm supposed to cheer for and against. I'll check Sunday night to get a general sense, but it's almost too much to keep up with.

And I still have this #1 waiver for this league.

It really is a lot...I am going to cut down next year, though not this league. We gonna keep this bitch rollin!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

I have taken my rightful place as king of the NFC South Fantasy Football League. Bow down to me, peasants

Of course the guy who has never played before is gonna own the rest of us :argh:

waah posted:

So question, I've been hesitant to release dudes because we said we were gonna do this as a dynasty and stuff.

Did we ever make a determination on what exactly we were doing?

We are doing keepers, we just need to decide how many keepers. 2? 3? I think the normal is 3 but I have never been part of a keeper league before.

We also need to start discussing rewards and punishments :getin:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Tyreek Hill bs cost me the game this week :argh:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

waah posted:

It sure did.

You bastard!

WampaLord posted:

Good, you deserved it for that bullshit win last week where you didn't even start a defense

Meanwhile barring insane craziness in MNF, I'm going to inch back into the 6th spot. Playoff bound baby, just got to keep winning!

Look, if your team can't beat a team starting a defense on a BYE it sounds like a you problem :colbert:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Streaming Denver's D was a genius move

Man well played. 24 points so far lmao

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

lol our points leader is 3-3

IM RIGHT HERE I CAN HEAR YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

I saw that last night, had to click on the matchup to see where you got those ~30 points. Didn't expect it to be a defense but also it's the only thing that makes sense, that was an epic score. Must be the highest defensive fantasy score this year with multiple pick sixes and forced fumbles.

I lost last week against the other 4-1 team because I didn't set my roster well, it was close but it busted me all the way back to 4th. I almost got saved by Antonio Brown's touchdown with less than ten seconds left but then Demaryius Thomas also got a last-second touchdown which had me thoroughly owned. Started Jared Cook over Eric Ebron was ultimately the decision that doomed me.

How do you see the points leaders? Is that the "1st/2nd/3rd" next to people's names or somewhere else?

PF = Points Forwarded aka Points Scored.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Uber DRAFTED Chubb and held onto him :stare:

/golf clap

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

I will come back from this 32 point deficit and if I don't may the Atlanta Falcons lose today! :argh:

1. You won't
2. They play tomorrow
3. Dumbass

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Goddammit, it still applies to tomorrow. You with your correctness. Harumph.

:wink:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

waah posted:

6-1 crew checking in. High fives all around guys.

It's some poo poo that I have more points than all you booty holes and I'm sitting at 4-3 and 4th place :colbert:

How are there 3, 6-1 teams????????

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Also, the last two weeks my opponent has played at least 2 players on bye or injured.

Damnit you guys can at least pay attention for 16 weeks! :argh:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Man there ain't sheeeeeeeeeeeeit out in free agency land lol...yikes

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play the players on the block should show in the league activity window where you normally see adds and cuts.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'm open for trading as well...looking for a rb. Everyone but Saquon is on the block.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

I've already lost this week. My precipitous fall from the top of the league was preordained the second I bragged about being at the top of the league.

Fantasy Football 101 my dude. Don't say a thang!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

loving Sabbi Piscattali isn't even trying

Who is that? Is that Joey?

E

He fielded a full team...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

FYI it's "Bucs"

I used to think there was no official stance on this, but it says "Bucs" on the shoulder pads of the uniforms, so it's clearly the correct way to shorten it.

Thankks

In other news I love taking flyers on some rando dude and he ends up with a touchdown. Chris Herndon proved to be a decent bye week filler.

/pats himself on the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Hey guys, I...uh...I need to collect your dues 'n stuff...it's $100 per team...pretty sure I told you about it previous...but...yeah...I need that money and I totally promise to not take it and run...