Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What this show had done to Amy Acker is unforgivable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amy Acker plays characters the audience can't stand more often than not now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So is there anyone not backing the Hellfire Club at this point?

They're horrible lovely people, but the only other option is wait to turned into a mindless slave by the genocide patrols.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how they straight up confirmed the anti mutant kill squads also kill their human parents.

I can watch that stupid kid hit that wall over and over.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how they straight up confirmed the anti mutant kill squads also kill their human parents.

I mean, you don't want them having more mutant babies do you???

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed a lot at the power station manager getting creamed by the truck out of nowhere.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait hold on, the Morlock leader needs someone who can pass as a human to spy on stuff. But they brand themselves so they can't pass as humans. Solid leadership and planning. :bravo:
Also very disappointed there weren't any hideously deformed morlocks. Just borrow some old Star Trek alien costumes or something.

I'm glad that everyone revealed their secrets(except for Blink being a spy).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was very disappointed the Morlocks lacked a Sewer Wizard.

Hellfire Club woman's power are stupid annoying. It's a really obnoxious effect they use on it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What exactly are they supposed to do? I thought they were just a disorienting thing but it looked like Marco couldn't shoot beams.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kingtheninja posted:

What exactly are they supposed to do? I thought they were just a disorienting thing but it looked like Marco couldn't shoot beams.

Yea, the first time she used it it seemed like it was some kind of sonic attack, which okay, totally a known power. But yea it seemed to not just prevent Marco from using his beams, but it caused him to give feedback.

Somehow I think pissing off Polaris is probably the worst thing Hellfire could do.

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
This show has definite problems (hand-holding the audience, poor line delivery, unnecessary and tropey interpersonal drama), but it's definitely entertaining enough as long as the plot keeps moving. Even good, sometimes.

I have to agree that - despite its effort - it's doing a piss poor job of portraying the Hellfire Club as anything but the obvious choice. Case in point: Agent Turner, who is barely above the sympathy level I would have for a loving SS officer, yet the show definitely has a different idea of how I should feel about him. Why should I care if some mutant vaporizes him - or any of the less redeemable Sentinel personnel - raiding some facility or whatever? But oh no, if we start killing we're just as bad as them! Cue rolling my eyes so hard they fall out of their sockets.

About Turner... I admit I know next to nothing about any X-men lore, is he like an established character from the comics?

e: for clarification.

Ovenmaster fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 12, 2018

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, the first time she used it it seemed like it was some kind of sonic attack, which okay, totally a known power. But yea it seemed to not just prevent Marco from using his beams, but it caused him to give feedback.

Yeah, but the same thing happened to the Inner Circle lot when she used it in the first episode, as a part of he coup. You can see all those guys trying to shoot their powers off and then having them filtered out or start to backfire.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
So some sort of power suppression power? I know telepaths can do that depending on the plot. Leech maybe?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I really enjoyed the latest episode. I like that Andy is all-in and they now know it, which will hopefully allow the Struckers in the Underground to move on, and I'm really intrigued as to who the mutant the Inner Circle rescued is.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

So tired of the ostensible "good guys" literally torturing someone to get what they wanted. Amy Acker's character was already the worst but now she's just off the rails.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cody Bell: former SS agent and now joining the purifiers. I guess we need a character more hateable than Kate.

qirex posted:

So tired of the ostensible "good guys" literally torturing someone to get what they wanted. Amy Acker's character was already the worst but now she's just off the rails.

Well that escalated quickly.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well that escalated quickly.
Detaining someone, purposefully putting him into dangerous withdrawal then giving him a dose of super drugs strong enough to stop his heart seems ethically problematic to me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

qirex posted:

Detaining someone, purposefully putting him into dangerous withdrawal then giving him a dose of super drugs strong enough to stop his heart seems ethically problematic to me.

No I meant the actions of her character. I completely agree with you.

Also she offers him a stash of medical grade drugs if he continues to help them. :v:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

It’s not like she even knew for sure he could help in any way, the hacker guy was just positioned as the only person who might be able to so she abused an addict so she could see streaming video of her kids.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like the show would be vastly improved if they completely tossed the family drama.

I'm way less invested in that than any of the stuff involving the survival of the Mutant Underground. I am thinking that eventually we'll find out that the thing that blew up the part and caused the anti mutant laws was deployed by the government, but no one will care because mutant hate is too strong.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Just getting caught up on the new episode. I wanted to suggest to go along with Bubbles and Wobbles we give the dad the nickname Disinte-Dad, but then he goes and gives himself the perfect nickname right at the beginning:

Crumbles.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PaybackJack posted:

Just getting caught up on the new episode. I wanted to suggest to go along with Bubbles and Wobbles we give the dad the nickname Disinte-Dad, but then he goes and gives himself the perfect nickname right at the beginning:

Crumbles.

Bubbles
Wobbles
Crumbles

Someone more clever than me should come up with a good nickname for Kate.

Irresponsible? Injectable :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know they just did it that way to get a reaction out of people but I am annoyed by the cut at the very end before the reveal of who they rescued.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bubbles
Wobbles
Crumbles

Someone more clever than me should come up with a good nickname for Kate.

Irresponsible? Injectable :v:

Addles

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

muscles like this! posted:

I know they just did it that way to get a reaction out of people but I am annoyed by the cut at the very end before the reveal of who they rescued.

Yeah it was done in such a way it felt like it would be someone we know but I have no clue who it could be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably a woman as the character was kind of short and of thin stature.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Bsed solely on the last shot, I'm going with Hope Summers.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Svensken posted:

Bsed solely on the last shot, I'm going with Hope Summers.

That would be awesome, I love Hope. She'd definitely be a power level worth trying to break out, not to mention someone who they wouldn't have to be doing crazy amounts of CG with.

My guess was Magma, but drat now I'm going to be really disappointed when it isn't hope.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Doug would be good in this show. Also Danny Moonstar.

So, is this the first time they'd talked about Kick? I was saying in season one I could see Sublime being in this show, and Kick is Sublime.

But dammit, this show would be so much better without all the family drama. Hate Agent doesn't need his own family problems when we have the Struckers problems too. Though Cop being a Purifier doesn't seem to far off. gently caress those guys, gently caress them hard.

I hope this season ends the Hellfire Plotline, and we either get aliens or time travel. Those are core X-men things that they seem to have a problem with.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I would assume Moonstar is off limits because she's portrayed in The New Mutants film.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I saw some speculation it could be a 4th Frost sister, which would be interesting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I saw some speculation it could be a 4th Frost sister, which would be interesting.

I could see that being a thing if they had revealed it right away but holding off like that just to reveal another Cuckoo would be kind of crappy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

I could see that being a thing if they had revealed it right away but holding off like that just to reveal another Cuckoo would be kind of crappy.

Rumour is it's a tune into the next spoiler tag for further spoilers. * a new mutant created for the show.* ** Called Twist **

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like the show would be vastly improved if they completely tossed the family drama.

I'm way less invested in that than any of the stuff involving the survival of the Mutant Underground. I am thinking that eventually we'll find out that the thing that blew up the part and caused the anti mutant laws was deployed by the government, but no one will care because mutant hate is too strong.

7/15 was an inside job. :rolleyes:

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I like Mom. Shes been dragged out of her rich white hetero world of "it doesn't affect me ergo it isn't important". Now she is being affected for the first time ever and she is going nuclear.
I wouldn't be surprised if she turns on any mutant not related to her when push comes to shove, she's not invested in mutants per se just ones in her family

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jace you are the worst. You can redeem yourself if you lock the doors and burn down the building during the next purifier meeting. With yourself inside.

Rebecca owns. "I hate cops" :j: I hope they have a more creative use for her powers than opening a vault. Seems like that is something that Andy or Lorna could do.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Rebecca is totally gonna start turning people inside out. Keep calm and get some while you can, Andy.

And, yeah, Jace had better get one hell of a comeuppance or a redemption arc. What a scumbag.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sloth Life posted:

I like Mom. Shes been dragged out of her rich white hetero world of "it doesn't affect me ergo it isn't important". Now she is being affected for the first time ever and she is going nuclear.
I wouldn't be surprised if she turns on any mutant not related to her when push comes to shove, she's not invested in mutants per se just ones in her family

She's asking to speak to the manager of life and won't take no for an answer!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jace showing up to the purifier meeting was like when a solider gets back to his hometown and shows up to play with the local Warhammer group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jace getting a redemption arc is exactly where I expected it to go, but now he's so deep I'd be pleasantly surprised if they didn't redeem him at all, and just keep getting worse and more organized until some government agency gives him a budget and uniforms because he has a functional militia that can rival Sentinel's results

And Mom is totally joining the Hellfire Club, she's slipping too. I bet she joins them to at least be closer to blondie (no, the other blondie. no, not that one...)