Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wobbles and Bubbles But Also Razor Frisbees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Mistress of the Flying Guillotine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This show won a lot of good will with me when they introduced the Cuckoos and other stuff from the end of last season, but this season is just losing me. Cool Lorna made her headdress, but I don't care about Jace starting his Friekorps, the Inner Circle "big plan" is just dragging on, and I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Mutant Cure plots.

Also Reeve just thinks everyone is just going to do what she says becuase, uh reasons? Like what did she think Rebecca was going to do after she locked her in a rave cell? And Andy was just gonna go "yep, this girl i have a boner for, I'm not going to be upset at that at all". God I hope she is killed this season.

Though still, I hope this ends with Human genocide, because gently caress them in this world.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 13, 2019

Svensken
May 29, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Though still, I hope this ends with Human genocide

:hmmyes:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Mutant underground. I was hoping they would finally merge the remainder with the Morlocks so they could condense the plotlines a bit, but I guess that isn't happening.

I'm glad Bubbles beat up Wobbles in their dream battle.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Lauren is going full Von Strucker now and her mom is accidently encouraging it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like to see them off Reeva and take over the Hellfire/Inner Circle club.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I like to see them off Reeva and take over the Hellfire/Inner Circle club.

Kaitlyn going to take over the Inner Circle with her mutant power: lots of pull ups and having a gun.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I know that most people are not going to notice or care, but Carsten Norgaard keeps getting cast as a german, and now he is one on this show too. Danish and german accents do not sound the same hollywood :colbert:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I can't believe we're actually at the end of the season now. Felt like almost nothing happened in the back half of this season.

Killing off all the leaders of the Mutant Underground off scene? I feel like a broken record complaining about the lack of budget on this show but seriously you couldn't show that. Give us a scene of these new mutants using their powers to do more than charge up a bat.

Also, did we really need to blow a bunch of the effects budget on a getaway scene from the cops?

Finally, it's revealed the Morlock Leader is essentially being blackmailed into attending...WHAT? Why are you making the protagonist faction into assholes? Also the bad guys are now a government conspiracy? Please stop loving around, show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The season is 15 episodes, so there are still 3 unaired. Not quite the end of the season yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The ratings are real bad too so this is probably it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I would say that's likely, but then again it's also a marvel show now owned by Disney, so it's probably not quite as cut and dry as the ratings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh that's true, I totally spaced on the fact Disney will own it soon.

They've forced ABC to renew SHIELD with even worse ratings.

They might not own it in time to step in though.

Edit: Also they might not want a show set in the continuity they're likely destroying.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 16, 2019

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It was reported yesterday that the deal is likely to close in March.

What it DID do was kill a bunch of film projects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2019/01/14/disney-fox-merger-all-marvel-projects-scrapped-xmen-fantastic-four/

But I'm not sure if TV will end up following the same thought processes or not.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that struck me about this episode is how this show must make the actors feel real stupid when filming. Lots of characters just kind of waving their arms around and poor Skyler Samuels having to constantly pretend to be reacting to herself.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this! posted:

Something that struck me about this episode is how this show must make the actors feel real stupid when filming. Lots of characters just kind of waving their arms around and poor Skyler Samuels having to constantly pretend to be reacting to herself.

There's a gif floating around somewhere with the Avengers pre blue screen and it makes me laugh every single time. Skyler does a pretty decent job of showing which one is Esme when they're all together. One part when they were talking, two were standing confidently and the third was fidgeting looking uncomfortable.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't know about this show. It's always bad poo poo happening with basically zero wins. Pretty depressing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

She's got two standins for those triplets shots, saw them on her instagram.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

bull3964 posted:

It was reported yesterday that the deal is likely to close in March.

What it DID do was kill a bunch of film projects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2019/01/14/disney-fox-merger-all-marvel-projects-scrapped-xmen-fantastic-four/

But is anyone going to mourn F4?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

PaybackJack posted:

Killing off all the leaders of the Mutant Underground off scene? I feel like a broken record complaining about the lack of budget on this show but seriously you couldn't show that. Give us a scene of these new mutants using their powers to do more than charge up a bat.

We'll find out later it was all a ruse for the Inner Circle to think it destroyed the Underground and really those were cadavers they blew up.

Also, I'm sure they're saving up their budget for the final episode where Dad Von Strucker finally loses control and melts a skyscraper or something.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I'm usually the last person to notice when a show starts to cheap out on special effects because they ran out of budget, but I'm kinda pissed that they had a mutant who could turn into a dragon and instead of getting about to see a loving dragon!! they just had the cast drop half a dozen lines about all her sweet af dragon powers and then killed her off screen.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Sirotan posted:

I'm usually the last person to notice when a show starts to cheap out on special effects because they ran out of budget, but I'm kinda pissed that they had a mutant who could turn into a dragon and instead of getting about to see a loving dragon!! they just had the cast drop half a dozen lines about all her sweet af dragon powers and then killed her off screen.

Just in case you haven't already watched it, you might want to skip Iron Fist season one.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaybackJack posted:

Just in case you haven't already watched it, you might want to skip Iron Fist season one.

Or, watch it and make your own mind up.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

I was making a joke about a show building up getting to see someone fight a dragon and not delivering.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

He’s making a joke Rocksicles, you don’t need to white knight the MCU in every thread. Take a break.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

He’s making a joke Rocksicles, you don’t need to white knight the MCU in every thread. Take a break.

Dude, there are like 500 people talking poo poo about MCU every day. I'm just saying make your own mind up.

I don't hate on anything, well hardly ever, this is my default setting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think I missed an episode but I certainly don't care enough to find the one i'm missing. This one wasn't bad though, Mom not bitching at bubbles for clearly trying to kill the SS was pretty refreshing. Though I still think they need to kill Reeva and combine the inner circle and mutant underground and just have the antagonists be Purifiers. Though I doubt this show gets a 3rd season.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 22, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PaybackJack posted:

I feel like a broken record complaining about the lack of budget on this show but seriously you couldn't show that.

Speaking of sounding like a broken record -

To me the worst part of acting in it must be the actual dialogues, everyone is always angry at each other and is like feeling offended that they didn't get told the minute details of things.

-My friends, we need to fill our 'We need to fill our quota of "Why didn't you tell me?" "I'm telling you now" for this episode'.
-I know, let's make another flashback to someone's childhood and how it's an anecdote to something that can escalate to the biggest war possible.

Every two individuals in this show are constantly threatening or arguing with each other regardless of their position. This only hasn't been true with Lauren and her mother in the past few episodes because they decided to pull a 180 with Amy Acker's character so she isn't literally just "constantly worried on-screen person" and is now cool mom bonding with daughter which is a downright upgrade.

Stephen Moyer has been groaning in pain for 12 episodes now.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine being 49, having had an entire career behind you (whether you consider it a good one or not, although now that I think about it I guess "not" makes this even sadder) and then the sum total of your role in a season two of a show is groaning in pain, looking weary, and then in the rare moments where you get to talk, complaining about anyone who's doing anything to help you.

"Be grateful we're spending our budget in your glowy useless rear end arm or else you'd be axed, human."

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Mom not bitching at bubbles for clearly trying to kill the SS was pretty refreshing.
I actually laughed out loud at this part because the sum totality of her character is "MUST PROTECT FAMILY" so then her daughter protects the family, even if it's attempted murder of police via throwing glowy bubble discs, so she approves without thinking about the implications. She's probably the most consistently written character on the show since she's so one note.

My favorite thing about the last episode was John's "generic gritty superhero attack against all odds and grind out a way to win" thing getting so soundly rejected by everyone else since it's pretty much the default way everything ends in the entire genre.

qirex fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 22, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

qirex posted:

I actually laughed out loud at this part because the sum totality of her character is "MUST PROTECT FAMILY" so then her daughter protects the family, even if it's attempted murder of police via throwing glowy bubble discs, so she approves without thinking about the implications. She's probably the most consistently written character on the show since she's so one note.

My favorite thing about the last episode was John's "generic gritty superhero attack against all odds and grind out a way to win" thing getting so soundly rejected by everyone else since it's pretty much the default way everything ends in the entire genre.

Blink is going to end up as an uber driver for a bunch of agoraphobics.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So why doesn't Bubbles just sleep during the day? Wobbles can't be sleeping 24/7 waiting for her.

I'm still enjoying that having a gun is the best mutant power. Kaitlyn and Not-Gambit certainly seem to agree.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So why doesn't Bubbles just sleep during the day? Wobbles can't be sleeping 24/7 waiting for her.

Because they have a MyStIc MuTaNt CoNnEcTiOn that’d let Andy know she’s sleeping.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Very running in place episode. For groups that are supposed to be very separate we're seeing way too much going back and forth while has undermined the whole idea of a split in the first place.

Looking back a year ago, when they announced Season two we were teased that we'd get the story behind 7/15 and why the X-Men are absent but so far we haven't really had anything moving towards that direction and at this point it's probably too little too late to get people to care about the show.

There isn't even really a clear direction for what the show is doing right now. It felt like season one was following the Strucker family in order to introduce the Underground and establish them and then later the Inner Circle. This season has been spinning it's wheels as the Inner Circle does stuff that the audience doesn't even get to see, while the focus seems to be on the characters dealing with things that as an audience member I just don't care about.

There was some good character arcs for Polaris and Wobbles but otherwise we've devoted a lot of time to things that feel like they're never going to pay off or by the time they do will just be glossed over for something else. The dynamic between John and the Dragon Lawyer was a good example of this, as it felt like there was going to be more to the story between them but then nope she's dead.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm still enjoying that having a gun is the best mutant power. Kaitlyn and Not-Gambit certainly seem to agree.

It not you, it not-Gambit.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So right now my current pet theory is that Bubbles and Wobbles are actually clones of their ancestors because there was that bundle of hair in the music box and also this show is stupid enough to do something like that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's so stupid it could be an xmen plot. Or the kids are actually Time travelling clones from the future!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Don't care, just want more wounded puppy half naked John proudstar pls and thx

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Sloth Life posted:

Don't care, just want more wounded puppy half naked John proudstar pls and thx

Honestly I think he did a good enough job that if the series ends with him barely making it out while everyone else in the cast dies, Disney could shuffle him into his own X-spin off series and it would be worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oh good another episode where only bad poo poo happens. This show is so depressing.