Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I totally forgot they were adapting the vampire 4-koma. It's good and cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm excited for Jojo part 5 because I only read the manga up to 4. :toot:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
For the people who read SAO how does this part rank relative to the others?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I watched an old rear end show by gonzo named speed grapher with a bunch of drunk friends and let me tell you, I wouldn't have been able to watch it without the alcohol or friends. All I remember about the show was a scene where one of the characters was kidnapped by a serial murderer that would amputate the legs of his victims to collect them and all the scenes that made it look like she was seriously hosed only to have her grab the dude with her thighs and break his neck. We were all loving plastered screaming "Oh no! Oh no please YES YES YES"
Speed Grapher has one of the best endings in anime: the antagonist gathers most of the world's money supply in a literal giant pile of cash in his headquarters in downtown Tokyo, which an American warship unwittingly blows up with cruise missiles to kill him because he's betrayed the corrupt global elite, causing a global financial collapse.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 27, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The director of Gridman directed Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer.

The series composer wrote most of Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (that was the good Bahamut, in case you don't remember the subtitles.)

I'm feeling optimistic.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Speaking of androids, Beatless finished and the last four episodes are good. I especially enjoyed Lacia revealing she used her super intelligence to build a lightsaber just to shank Methode with when she got a chance.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
wow Irozuku is absolutely gorgeous

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm in love with droopy-eyed mom's voice in Gridman

oh it's Haruko from FLCL, that explains it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Haha they literally take combat drugs called spice that come in the form of various spices.

The first criminals they bust are a gay couple and the second is a gang of muscle women and old punk ladies.

okay Spyce I'm on board

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
and it's vore too!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I enjoy Himoto House and the trials and travails of women with superpowers completely useless or actively detrimental in daily life.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

Release the SPYC---oh god, you can't just chomp down on a bay leaf like that :gonk:
It's okay, it's not actual bayleaf, just drugs

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I swear that one track in Spyce is almost exactly the Matrix lobby shootout music.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
At this point I'm 99% sure Bookstore Skeleton is just real stories from when the author worked at a bookstore. It's extremely charming. :skeltal:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Personally I always found that it was a bit of a mix of anxiety along with not being able to hold my body still very well, but I think it might be different for everyone. I honestly never did look too deep into it.
I was curious since I'd never heard of it before and found this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/sports/olympics/01archery.html

"What if you practice shooting without a target?" was the first thing I thought of and I'm glad to find I'm qualified as a sports psychologist.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Apparently they're planning on finishing the Tokyo Ghoul manga this season because the show suddenly has absolutely insane pacing bordering on completely incoherent. Actually it probably is just plain impossible to follow if you didn't read the manga.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm glad that episode was like half improv.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The true injustice is Thunderbolt Fantasy being near the bottom.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

Double Decker and Himote House are far too low. I'm a bit surprised that slimedad took the top, though. I didn't think it would be low but figured it would be too slow of a show. I guess the manga and LN are reasonably popular?
From what I googled it's not a top 10 novel/manga but it's top 30. That may not sound too hot but there's a huge number of ongoing manga and LNs at any given time and nearly all of the stuff above it has already gotten animations.

It probably helps that the anime elevates the material with all the cute slime gestures.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I know wonder which Yuu is gonna end up with which Asuka
Sexy Yuu x Serious Asuka definitely.

Lots of bonus points if it turns out regular Yuu is repressing feelings for regular Asuka though. No real sign of that so far but they're the only ones who haven't awakened their personas so it's still possible.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

Hello please watch Himote House. Thank you for your time.
I knew it was going to be a good episode the moment they gave the name of the game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Elephant Parade posted:

We also have what looks to be another edgelord magical girl show
Magical Girl Special Forces is supremely edgelord. I read a bit of the manga back when it was announced and part of the protagonist's backstory is that when the cutesy mascot-like invaders learned her real identity they immediately kidnapped her parents and mailed them back to her in pieces. She has PTSD flashbacks when she sees people in mascot costumes on the street.

It struck me as the magical girl equivalent of superhero comics where a guy with super strength punches someone and they explode into bloody chunks.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 23, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I somehow watched all of LL without noticing anything about fingernails so I'm going to need an image.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I assumed that had been canceled since it's been months since anyone mentioned it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

But which ones are translated?
just one that I could find: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/feng-yu-jiu-tian/

novelupdates' tag system is impressively comprehensive

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
and also all her girlfriends

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't believe Himote House is making a strong case for Pop Team Epic being the second weirdest show this year

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Agronox posted:

Sadly, the show was watched by only twelve people
It was so unpopular going into the season it doesn't even appear in ANN's popularity tracker :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Irozuku meandered around the middle but I've rarely seen a landing stuck so hard.