Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Aside from Bloom I'm looking forward to Spyce, Jojo and the PV for the Zombie anime has me at least for a few episodes. Everything else I'll give an episode to try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I really wish Doga Kobo would be working on either Nozaki season 2, Gadbro season 2 or Hinalogi season 2 instead of that series yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sentai did the subs for Amazon for Princess Princess which were okay to good so I can probably trust them I hope for Spyce and Bloom. Guess I'll sub for a season

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean Toei already did a way better android story than David Cage this year so let's not let him near any anime okay

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Appmon finished last year though?

Precure this year!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

IT'S A SONY

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Between the Sky and Sea was pretty disappointing as a first episode. It was too silly to be taken seriously and not silly enough to be actual fun (hello guys being jerks) and the mobile game side story really felt shoe horned in (I know it's based on a mobile game but still). In a weird way it felt like an odd mix of an early 00's anime with a modern one with it's mix of styles that just didn't mesh.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not sure if the whole show will be good but that was a fun episode 1 for Zombieland Saga. Takanashi going all out for rock on the soundtrack and slipping in Precure motifs also works for an amazing audio experience

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah I'm gonna keep watching as that episode did a great job selling the show. And did a much better job selling it's premise than Between the Sea and the Sky did

Edit: Also It looks like one of the zombies was the lead idol for the group that Sakura looked up too

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 4, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I loved Bloom into You 1 and it reminded me of a 90/00'S shoujo romance vibe which is exactly what I wanted out of the show.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ms Vampire who lives in my Neighborhood was a pretty average first episode and nothing special but I like these kinda of shows so I'll be watching unless it really drags.

Jojo episode 1 was more Jojo and I loved it. They also switched the logo to match the modern version which kinda of shocked me a bit but is more fitting

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hina logi season 2 please and thanks

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Comfy Camping is back...and more COMFY than ever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spyce was the kinda of dumb action anime I like also all in on Spice being the super powered drug

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

a kitten posted:

Elite warriors all hopped up on spice? The Fedaykin have shorter skirts than i would have expected

Truly the Frank Herbert anime we need

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Anima Yell joke timing reminded me of Pripara and Prichan which is very good so A+ worth a watch

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm liking slime anime more than I thought it would. the slime expressions this week was A+ cartooning

Bad Goblin anime is near the top of rankings for CR so yeah *sigh*

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Zombieland Saga Op pretty much has won opening of the season

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Made a quick thread for Zombieland Saga as I think it'll stay good - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871248&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post488794328

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spyce's training episode today was probably one of my favorite modern training episodes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

nielsm posted:

Anima Yell is good, cute fun, and hearing Love and Joy for the cheering sessions is a good nostalgia kick.

It reminds me of Pripara in places which is a very good thing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

With all the streaming services for anime and other stuff if you add up the monthly costs it starts looking almost like the cost of traditional cable. Hmmmmmmm

I actually expected a minor correction in pricing as I dont think streaming costs reflect production costs but this splintering seems like a way to much of a correction and probably will wind up with a lot of services dying on the vine and leaving only maybe 1 or 2 services alive at the end. Basically I think all of online streaming is going to end up like the US comic direct market

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

First wave of Hidive/Sentai titles are hitting Crunchyroll now and include Action Heroine Cheer Fruits which is a really good B+ show that got ignored last year cause it was in Prime wasteland and wasn''t Princess Principal

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

kater posted:

Did Sakura Quest end decently? The first few eps of the second cour were miserable as gently caress and I just kinda stopped watching it.

The show really picks up after that and I'd say as a whole the second cour is way better than the first. Ending is quite good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Canada isn't any better except for up North, one Maritime province and Quebec!

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 6, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Akanesasu Shoujo continues to be very good with it's most recent episode with the new world having brainwashing mobage (eyes Granblue account)

wait that's not different from our world

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The most recent episode of Todays menu probably needs the most knowledge of Fate to get though it's still enjoyable even if you know nothing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Latest Release the Spyce starting to channel more from the Yuki Yuna side of it's team and not happy about it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Akanesasu Shoujo has basically become Stupid Gay Techno Persona at this point. I can't really call it a good show, but it's become quite satisfying in a very Junk Food sorta sense.

The 3D models really work too for this effect (It also helps the 3D action is well planned out and shot)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Doing a relationship chart for Akanesasu shoujo sure would be interesting yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Alternate Yuu with an infinite number of lines coming off of her and connecting to an infinite number of parallel Asukas

Finally relationship charts can add a third axis and truly go 3D

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It feels very early 00's without having some of the things that probably would make me hate it (like if I rewatched My Hime)

I know wonder which Yuu is gonna end up with which Asuka

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The last episode of Spyce had a lot more Takahiro slip in and I did not like it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The potential traitor part of the plot really isn't working as a hook either since we have no real attachment to most of the cast beyond the lead and a few others. Introducing it so early also makes it hard to get attached to the cast aside from the lead since we know someone is turning

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Ah, I only watched a few episodes of Yūki Yuna did that get bad?

First season was good with some iffy bits second season went all in on making its characters suffer just for drama and also nationalism

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

When y'all say "second season" are you talking about the prequel thing or the sequel thing?

both actually

They had the prequel stuff become the first 6 episodes of the second season too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

For Hayate in A's her being in a chair was cause the Book of Darkness was leeching her life force so it did make sense plot wise for her to slowly heal once that got taken care off.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

iospace posted:

I'm personally talking about the sequel part.

I'm not fond of the prequel either for all of the same reasons though it's tone shift is way more whiplash than the first season

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You know that's probably why I had issues with season 1 and was only mostly okay with it at the end. That and you could also tell it was leaning a bit into nationalism when it was pretty clear duty to the Shinju was what cause things to go bad too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not quite the same as Alan Smithee though since Toei and Sunrise used them to hide staff not cause Staff were embarrassed by the work.

Although given the internet everybody knows who works on Toei and Sunrise shows now so the pen names don't even work anymore!