Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The studio making SPYCE is called "lay-duce" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

My simultaneously safe and risky pick is Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken. Safe because the source material is pretty strong, risky because it's an isekai and anything goes with those adaptations.

But how could I not believe in a series that has the phrase

quote:

As he acclimates to his goopy new existence,

in its synopsis?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Hey everyone, looks like my time machine that sent me back to the year 2012 worked!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

rvm posted:

School Days subverted the way visual novels get adapted: instead of using the canonical path or one of the numerous good ends, it chooses one of the bad ones resulted from a horny player making all the choices that could potentially lead to H-scenes. That deconstructive gesture is quite hollow, though, because it doesn't actually say anything remotely compelling, basic craftsmanship is severely lacking, but, unfortunately, not to the point of unintentional near surrealism of Toei's Kanon, and, to add insult to injury, the bulk of School Days anime, if we take it as some kind of satire (lol), is 'bad on purpose', which is like the worst thing ever.

IIRC didn't School Days take multiple endings and string them together to make an interesting combo ending? I thought that was kinda nifty thing to do for an anime adaptation, at least.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

"i dont like SAO!! i dont like SAO!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into an anituber

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Endorph posted:

Eupho finale film on April 19th. All the staff from the TV series(es) are back.

hot take: this fistbump is awkward af. Their wrists are bent so much!

also where's Reina

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Indiana_Krom posted:

The gooniest last words ever: please...erase my computer...*dies*

If LifeLock actually offered this as a service, just think of the profits :signings:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Special 1-ep review: Bunny Girl-senpai I describe simply as a mix of SNAFU and the -monogatari series. It's so confident in it's own ability to entertain solely from dialogue between two characters that I got to give it props for trying, and for doing it pretty well. Special mention to the chemistry girl and her suuuper deeep chemistry joke: stoicly handing him the mystery bottle and saying it was probably sugar since it's white powder, but the bottle was labelled "Manganese Dioxide" which is actually a black powder and is kinda toxic.

Cerebral, yet simple, I'm in.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

how did I manage to watch four consecutive new shows with non-consensual licking and/or ripping of clothing lmao

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Goblin Slayer doesn't even make sense. There's a contradictory juxtaposition between how brutally savage the goblins are, especially against women, and how underestimated their abilities are. Like how is this information not shared, when they have a quest board and guild power rankings? How do they even allow female adventurers to go on goblin quests without proper protections, or even go at all?

The series seems more focused on being as edgy as possible while trying not to look lame, but fails in that aspect too imho. Like showing the nail scratch marks on the ground indicating the post-rape struggle that lead to presumably more rape and showing the wagon full of rescued 1000-yard stare post-raped girls being trucked back into society just came off as :rolleyes: to me.

It's a shame, because the priestess's character setup was decent, and the titular Goblin Slayer is intriguing, but I'm not really looking for a show that's a mix of Grimgar and Kuroinu.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I wasn't fond of the joke timing or delivery of Himote House, and the stiff 3D mobage CG animation didn't click either. The overall premise and the after credits session were great though, but not enough for me to keep watching.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Huh. In a surprise move my wife wants to 3ep test Goblin Slayer. I guess I'm finding out if it gets more or less or equally rapey.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

If you are going to watch forty four more minutes of goblin slayer I'm going to politely but firmly request you make a thread for it and discuss it there

I'm not interested enough in the show alone to make a thread about it beyond what I've already said, but I am still curious on how divisive it is. Gimme a day I'll cook something up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Ok, Goblin Slayer discussion containment thread is up.