Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

Mother's Rosario is a bit melodramatic but the new character is really good and as much as it's become a dumb punchline because 'SAO bad' it actually handles AIDS really well, and I like that they give the girl you're supposed to feel bad for an actual real life disease with real world consequences instead of 'sad anime disease' where she's perfectly normal and happy until she keels over dead in the second to last episode.

Not just that, but VR is being used for actual real-world palliative therapy experiments and likely has a future in that. The tech in SAO is obviously science fiction and might not ever be possible, but IMO it offers a good window into future treatment and care for the terminally ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Zombidols anime was decent fun and cute, going to stick with it for now.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Space Flower posted:

are you guys sure this isn't really, really good

But what is it?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Anima Yell is good, cute fun, and hearing Love and Joy for the cheering sessions is a good nostalgia kick.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

If you don't want to be spoiled on the latest episode of HUGtto Precure, don't watch this clip.
But everyone really should watch this clip.
https://0x0.st/sECX.webm

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I checked out Akanesasu after the latest discussion, watched 3 eps so far, and yep it's good.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

What the hell, a new Fruits Basket anime??

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Planning to keep up with SAO:Alicization and Slime.

Looking forward to more of 3D Kanojo Real Girl (animation/art was bad, but liked what the story did) and a proper new BanG Dream anime (but Pico is still also amazing).
Also enjoyed the previous Date A Live so planning to watch that. New Boogiepop might also turn out good.

While I haven't finished the regular Toji no Miko anime, I liked the characters overall so absolutely checking the Mini Toji thing out.
Kemurikusa, Kouya no kotobuki hikoutai, Pastel Memories, and Ueno-san wa bukiyou, also sound interesting.

On the fence about Watashi wa tenshi ga maiorita, it sounds like it could be could but might also just be pedo-bait.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I suppose Rimuru counts as male just because it wouldn't quality for either chart otherwise, and that would be a shame too.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

It's いろづく which romanizes as Irozuku in the Hepburn system everyone sane uses, but as Iroduku in the Nihon-shiki system that's mostly useful for making a computer IME convert romaji to your intention. I think there's also a system where you'd write it Irodzuku, just to be extra confusing. I think PA Works has someone on staff responsible for international releases, with particular tastes for how titles should be internationalized. It just has to be ALLCAPSKEYWORD: A sentence describing the feeling.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Just to get back to current shows, new Irozuku episode :ohdear: :smith:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

CrashScreen posted:

Both of them belong in the trash tbh.

On the LGBT note, at least we had Zombieland Saga this season. drat, was that good. I wonder how long it'll be until they announce the inevitable second season?

Don't forget Bloom Into You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Finished up Anima Yell!, it was really nice having a sports-y show where they participate in the the tournament not to win, but just for the sake of participation.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 23, 2018