Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thunderbolt Fantasy s02 should have :siren:s around it.

Looks like a pretty light season for me (just Thunderbolt, and I might check out Merc Storia and Spyce), which is good, because I still have Harukana Receive and Revue Starlight to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jagged Jim posted:

poo poo, I just remembered that I haven't watched the movie yet.

The movie's really good but don't do this if you don't want to spend every second of s02 where Enigmatic Gale/Thief of the Wind Dust/Lin Xue Ya is on screen, wishing he were dead instead. :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Captain_duck posted:

I think i found it, it's called "Thunderbolt Fantasy - The Sword of Life and Death" apparently

That's the one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thunderbolt Fantasy still loving owns.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Captain_duck posted:

It sure does. S2E1 is out now and its a nice start. Someone should make a thread for it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870313

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I also am not vibing off any of the characters yet and am really not feeling any sparks between our two leads. They both struggle with finding love and someone they really connect with and I'm cool with that, I've totally had to turn down people I wasn't interested in and that's a tough thing to deal with, but suddenly our deuteragonist thinks she's falling in love with the lead and confesses....and then they wave it off and skip to the next day?

I guess I'm just kinda confused? I'm sure a lot of this is just first episode establishing stuff, but I'm a little frustrated since I've heard a ton about this, but I felt stuff like Citrus which had it's flaws and even Run Like The Wind this season got me hooked on the character relationships quickly in the first episode and left me wanting more in a good way. I dunno, I'm gonna stick with it for a few more episodes but I felt this was a weird episode, I dunno maybe the manga would be more my speed, or im weird idk

The weird, no-chemistry relationship is intended.

The premise of the manga is that both main characters have a weird, unhealthy attitude to relationships, and Nanami suddenly deciding she's into Yuu is part of that. Pretty much 80% of what happens in the manga is exploring why Nanami thinks that way, and it takes a good ~15 chapters until you have enough context for her behaviour to make sense and for their relationship to not feel odd.

So all that stuff is absolutely the point, though I haven't seen the episode so I have no idea how much ground the show is going to cover. I suspect it'll end around chapter 30 because that's the most natural break-point in the manga so far, so you can probably expect it to take anywhere between 5 and 7 episodes until things start falling into place.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

based on the description of bloom into you i just assumed the character was ace

She's gay but she read too much shoujo romance manga as a child so she's incapable of finding satisfaction in normal human relationships because no one is dramatically stating that they'd be willing to die 800 times forever in agony for their love.

This isn't a joke post, that's literally her backstory.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AnoHito posted:

So I guess she's the anime equivalent of someone who watches too many romcoms and never dates because no one is """the one"""

Yes.

DisDisDis posted:

that sounds stupid

It's perfectly realistic.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hina logi season 2 please and thanks

:same:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Spyce was the kinda of dumb action anime I like also all in on Spice being the super powered drug

https://twitter.com/SheffCouncil/status/1046331316483104768

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

i also heard good stuff about moribito

Yeah, it's only the best anime ever made.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm assuming they meant to post it in the Thunderbolt Fantasy thread anyway and just misposted but for the record the thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870313 (it's also linked in the OP).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 10, 2018

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

whens the girls frontline anime

I hope GFL gets big enough that this actually happens and also consists entirely of UMP9 chewing on the carpet and getting stuck in the washing machine for 13 episodes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The anime doesn't deviate from the manga at all.

So yeah, we're going to wait a while until there's enough material for a third season. The manga is still only a few chapters into the arc immediately after Kou's departure.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

yamcha strongest human

That's Krillin.

(Tien is the strongest earthling since he's not human.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Charlz Guybon posted:

What is he?

I assumed he was just a mutant or the third eye was gained through mystical enlightenment.

He's descended from some aliens who settled on earth millennia ago.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Not sure if here or TVIV is the place to chat about it, but the remainder of that Netflix Castlevania series came out , and it was pretty neat.

:yeah:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Julias posted:

So what's the difference between Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part 5 and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part V?

One is set in Italy and the other is set in ancient Rome.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm hype for the Yasuke show.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gmq posted:

That'd require a female MC and that's never going to happen. Even the one that existed got dragged into the void. :v:

Minako is in PQ2 so she's canon now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Vorpal Cat posted:

The real reason Rimuru spends most of his free time in slime form.

Yes, so he doesn't have to eat her cooking.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
HisoMaso is a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope that isn't the same ugly CG as the Appleseed stuff.