Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Every show I've watched this season has been goddamn great and I'm like 80% sure it isn't just the drugs saying this.

I wanted to be like goddamn the vanpire neighbor and anime yell! are especially terrific but I just watched the maid show and it's shocking how good that is.

Love what sword art is doing and attack on titan not going away rules and that trigger show is dope and slime rules and the the all the high school girls go back in time or another dimension shows are great, the PAWorks one being flat out ridic beaut. Even bakumatsu is highly enjoyable despite being what it is and has the most epic background music ever. And gotta love the murder circus, seems much easier to like than tora or w/e dudes last thing was.

My one complaint is that I misunderstood the description of beezlebub and thought the guy was the airhead demon and the girl the hard worker and think that would be a lot better. Oh and its a shame space fishing isn't just normal fishing in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It's still beautiful and has some amazing sequences but... yeah.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Add another set of ears and make kemono friends on safari.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You promise that there won't be any more Euphonium?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Slime is cute y'all all monsters.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wish we got the volleyball club show instead

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Season is pretty amazing, like a village living next to an active volcano.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so i finally saw what everyone else did re:slime boring and muscle maid creepy. bummers

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Three. The third is so beyond the pale that I can't find the words. And that's not in the description. The description doesn't even hint at what it is just hey it's a maid.

The first episode was ridiculously well made and I was confused why nobody else was saying so.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Well also in hindsight the second episode was also horrific.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Did Sakura Quest end decently? The first few eps of the second cour were miserable as gently caress and I just kinda stopped watching it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Dakaichi is drat legit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Davincie posted:

episode 1 had one guy get the other guy drunk, bring him to his apartment and then molests him until he runs away.

then he chases him while saying it only makes it more fun for him, molests him again and forces to other guy to give into his advances. much different

None of that is honest and you typing it up and asking how it compares to girls getting raped and beheaded or whatever by monsters makes me really not want to have this conversation.

kater fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 4, 2018

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Himote House is so good. This is the third season of whatever this is? I need to watch it all.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ulysses seems decently interesting from the two eps I've seen.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The first episode of Maid is ridiculously well animated and the biggest thing I wanted to see from the show. It quickly did not repeat this level of quality.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Himote House completely left the range this week.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ranzear posted:

the Antarctica one

You know a show is good when you aren't really sure if March Comes In Like A Lion was better or not.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can't tell if the bloom into you op has changed to become more menacing as the show progressed or if it's just easier to spot those themes as they've come into focus.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There's a lot of really fun trifling shows too like Miss Vampire Neighbor, Ulysses, Akenesasu Shoujo, Anima Yell!, Beezelbub, Himote House. This season has been great. Also whatever the name of that amazon high school magic show is called. That show is really quite great.

I looked it up, Iroduku. It's probably my favorite show this season. One of PA Works best. I hate how terrible amazon is, the show is impossible to find if you don't try way too hard.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can't believe like 80% of those sequels happened. Did the world need more 3D Kanojo? I guess the girl didn't move away forever at the end. Would have been nice.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I finally started running. Why didn't anyone say it's just haikyu! but also there's a dog?

Also Prince runs like a Dark Souls boss and is obviously the best.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

2 is the best zombie idol episode and I will not hear otherwise.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

'I can't remember any good stuff from spring'

*looks it up*

'oh i guess there was some stuff'

'wait did summer have anything good at all?'

'Oh I guess it did'

This has been my exciting post about not remembering things well.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wait what am i doin

kater
Nov 16, 2010

How is Yuta x Rikka a thing, he has more chemistry with her mother.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

I couldn't stand GGO, only got through 8 ish episodes. How much is there between that and Aliciazation?

If you mean SAO s2, GGO only lasts the first half, the second is just hanging out playing an MMO. There’s nothing connecting it to this season at all. The last five or so are really cute though for how utterly preposterous they are.

So I guess from the last page or so that ALICE is going away this season? I had just assumed that it was two cour because... how could it not be? I don’t mind I guess, the show has been really great and good looking so whatever is needed for that to happen is okay.

Kirito dapping up his robot bro is the highlight of a season with a bunch of tremendous op touches.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Well that’s some dope rear end poo poo. I love how slow and meandering it’s been.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

I meant season 2 of SAO yeah. I tried to give it an honest shot and it was just blandly inoffensive at first so I didn't immediately drop it. It continued to be somewhere between dumb and bland until I gave up on it.

I disliked s2 a whole lot too and gave up on it while it was airing too. I forgot to say I agreed that it was terrible. But I decided to watch it before Alice started and the last plot line is so loving insane that it brings a smile to my face just thinking about it. Asuna joins a guild of kids affected with super aids and it is 300% more schmaltzy than whatever your assumption would be even knowing SAO.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Endorph posted:

I mean every type of AIDS is drug-resistant to a certain extent, just some more than others.

So explicitly describing it as such is what? It was abrupt and shocking and guess what that is comedy. I liked the arc, it was certainly the best part of the season.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Endorph posted:

I disagree with the parts of this post where I understand what you're saying, which I think is half?

You said all aids is drug resistant in response to it not being super aids. If it’s not especially super aids, why would they have pointed that out in describing it. If calling it super aids is crass, I apologize but its just like loving hyper ultra dire poo poo to do to a little kid.

Silver2195 posted:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Good job beau.

kater fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 21, 2018

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Motto posted:

something something corncob

lol me too

kater fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 22, 2018

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No but really, the person I was responding to hadn't seen it and was wondering if it was worth watching, I said that I really liked how hard it goes for it and provided an example of like, the base level 'this is what the arc is known for' and said it does more than you'd expect even knowing how over the top SAO is. I guess other people laughing at the show must be a sore subject, but trust me I loved all of the insanity not just the one thing I said.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I watched a handful of Uza eps too. I too didn't expect it to be about a grown rear end adult actually wanting to marry a small child. Even reading the description. Even when she said some ridiculous poo poo about not being interested in girls who've menstruated. It was funny the first time? I unno. There was one episode that seemed like an incredibly on point put down of all the 'cute girls doing cute things' animedom, and how creepy it would be for a person to actually be watching that. But that isn't really what the show is. It really is the first thing. Really didn't have to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Did anyone keep up with Golden Kamuy?