Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

I barely watch shows I like, why on Earth would I hatewatch something lmao

Are you saying you regret Book Girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnacondaHL posted:

"i dont like SAO!! i dont like SAO!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into an anituber

Lmao

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

the issue is just that their tl lead is notoriously awful. this hasn't affected all of their shows though so it's a toss up which thing next season will get the revue straight treatment.

They actually do have a bunch of decent translators, so part of the issue is getting rid of the lead means losing them too.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

honestly would be cool if any big company ever implemented a delay in their process to get better quality subs

What if they paid their translators a livable wage

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well also, there have been cases where the studios force a week delay for one reason or another, like with Girlish Number, and those situations haven’t really led to greatly improved subtitles. Mostly it just makes a lot of people upset on the internet.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean Toei already did a way better android story than David Cage this year so let's not let him near any anime okay

Appmon finished last year though?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Toalpaz posted:

Sorry, what is AOTS. I'm vaguely interested in magical girl shows.

anime of the season

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can only imagine this statement means bunny girl will inspire 30 times as much discourse as franxx

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

I sort of feel like the most famous bad thing was the inept exploration of gender roles, though, so given Bunny Girl’s premise, I can sort of get an inkling of what they might mean by that.

It’s not really a meaningful comment when it does nothing but kick along a long game of telephone.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terrible Opinions posted:

A crossover between a two bad shows, one very uneven but sometimes fun show, and a show ruined by subtitles and poor timing so purposeful that it makes me think crunchyroll actively wants all comedy to die. Really it's almost the perfect anime replication of the Justice League movie.

Crunchyroll's subs are usually pretty decent if they're actually done by Crunchyroll. Unfortunately, they also have a bunch of third-party subbed shows, and Aniplex's are pretty notorious for being awful with basics like timing or even spellchecking their scripts.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Nobody has Index right now.

No one has Index in English, but it got picked up for other languages. :v:

Crunchyroll posted:

A Certain Magical Index III

Territories: World excluding Asia, North America, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, and South Africa

Episode 1 is now live for the listed regions.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 7, 2018

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only way they could've ended Gintama this season:

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pg9dxseK2p1uhuxef_480.mp4

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here’s my review of Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

lol

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

it was just the loving succubus from overlord again

I would think loving would describe most succubi.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kwyndig posted:

The most egregious was the thankfully defunct Amazon Strike! where you had to double dip (Prime + channel subscription) so if you just wanted the anime it was $15 a month or $160 for a year worth. That's assuming you were even in a territory where you could get Prime Video + channels.

Edit: And yes it is getting goddamn confusing figuring out where to watch what shows legally, if at all.

http://senpai.moe/ and https://because.moe/ can be a bit slow when it comes to adding current season stuff, but they do keep track of that staff.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Coaaab posted:

Yeah, that was pretty much destined to happen.

You know, off the top of my head, I think every manga that I've wanted to be adapted has or will become an anime, it's such a strange feeling of satisfaction.

How about the feeling of liking a decades old manga with long stalled translations that will only get an anime over the wishes of the mangaka.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1056432095466160128/pu/vid/640x360/3bTL-YFOlnqQxE6z.mp4

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Where is the new Himote House, crunchyroll?

You mean episode 4 on Sunday?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cao Ni Ma posted:

East asia's taste in anime is far more superior than ours (switch out SAO for double decker and it would be perfect)

Also people on message boards saying they want to go to saga (because of zombieland) but its so far away

I'm surprised east Asia has five anime titles available to be honest

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was misled by the orange

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Zombiegirl show is very cute, I enjoy it a lot. Reminds me of hanging out with my friends as a kid.

We weren't zombies, of course. We were just stupid!

Nice cover.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean, it does sound like they’ve taken several liberties with the base game.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It just looks gross because it’s literally cancer.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I’m excited for the new Bang Dream anime, that’s right, the mermaid idol OP.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Personally I’m putting all my support behind the big underdog, the show that won aoty last year.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

gmq posted:

That'd require a female MC and that's never going to happen. Even the one that existed got dragged into the void. :v:

I have faith PQ2 will be better than that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you do watch Bloom into You, try to get the fansubs because the Sentai script has a handful of mistranslations and missed nuances.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It’s an online poll, you could help right now

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
ah, So u persecute Gendo Ikari just because he has different beliefs? Do Tell. (girls get mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I'm still having trouble connecting this with Love Live

“Granted, I haven’t watched Love Live,”

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks friend

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

i can't remember much in the way of hand zoom ins in love live, and i consider myself an expert on the subject

Your hand zoom ins don’t show the fingernails though

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I already see worse reviews on these forums all the time

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watch Magic Kaito 1412.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hulu uses audio encoded at 64kbps AAC when most other streaming services use at least 128kbps, so lol.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dynamic Chord was this year and had similar memes about its animation issues, and people have already forgotten about it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
what is going on in here

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

klapman posted:

Ok so despite watching lots of anime and VNs and all that, this is something that's slipped past me. Is there a difference between Senpai and Sempai, or is it just two different translations of the same word? Seems like it could be either or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepburn_romanization#Syllabic_n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibblebibble posted:

Is Haikyuu!! worth going back if I enjoyed Running Boys this season? (I assume the answer is yes even if I didn't)

It’s worth going back for even if you already watched it three times through.