Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i already made my picks, it will be interesting to see which yellows join the greens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

can't wait for davidpro to stiffly animate another three cours of one of my fav manga

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

What looks good this season I haven't paid attention at all due to school

what are you in the mod for

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean if your only real interaction with anime is the handful of shows toonami plays, i guess i get why you'd have weird attitudes about the medium and hatewatching...but man, love yourself

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shuichi was in season one too

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

male character: *breathes*

*a conga line or posters file into the thread to vomit*

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the issue is just that their tl lead is notoriously awful. this hasn't affected all of their shows though so it's a toss up which thing next season will get the revue straight treatment.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly would be cool if any big company ever implemented a delay in their process to get better quality subs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also it sounds like they're being coy in a way that very unsubtly suggests a Madoka-esque 3rd Episode Whammy of some sort, so curious what that turns out to be.

the twist will be that it's trigger's second good series

Strange Quark posted:

What if they paid their translators a livable wage

one doesn't preclude the other

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

fourth, you mean. Trigger has done three good shows

I'm not counting their shorts because those are generally good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sex? in anime?!

*quickly pulls out my standup set from 2011* BIRTHRATES

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the spyce may still be contained, but the slyme has been released!

and you can discuss it here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870324

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he also namedrops otokojuku, it's good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

People who read the light novel have described bunny senpai as darling in the franxx except 30 times worse.

this take seems too hot to trust

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and more notably is so vague as to be completely unhelpful

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

neither the lovely take or the post that regurgitated it here w/out any context deserves a generous interpretation imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't speak for how that series handles it but "unrealistic expectations of relationships due to societal conditioning" is a thing a lot of people still deal with to varying degrees

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the new sao op is amazing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

this seems overdramatic, even as someone with less than no interest in GS

yeah it's....kind of patronizing to me? obviously goblin slayer has issues and there are probably people tied to it that have complicated feelings about that, but it's still a job they are going to work their hardest at to make good. with how animation/direction/etc circulates now just as often in stills, webms, and gifs on sakugabooru etc, it's easy for stuff like that to exist and gain some appreciation that's a degree divorced from the nasty aspects of the source.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the half-length comedies this season are killer

honda seems like it might carry the miss bernard torch but for manga and manga/bookstore culture, and himote house is an interesting enough premise carried by strong designs and the return(?) of improv segments.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I confused daggerfall for swordspoint and was like hell yes give me a mediocre rpg isekai fantasy full of sexually fluid characters

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

next week should be even better on the cute goblin front. i'm still just in awe of how light and funny the slime adaptation is, even with totally invented gags like the dragon names or the noble commissioning the adventurer's guild. the comedic timing is great and they're still going wild with really fluid slime animation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rewatching the ep now and it's also cool how they give a real sense of effort to him trying to swallow the sealing spell

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i look forward to seeing the various ways haiji will con and blackmail everyone into running his relay

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's hosed up that we have gone so many posts without a single mention of Grancrest, which aired for the first six months of this year

nobody can complain if they sleep on the good fantasy series!!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the other big selling point to Grancrest is it's directed by the same guy who did Rakugo, and despite some production issues late into the run it looks consistently great either due to layouts or animation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would assume so, since everything tied up so nicely at the end. the novels completed in March but ofc the staff probably knew everything they needed in advance.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's not awful but it's not good and aside from the ED you'd probably never realize ABe did any work on it at all, since they just couldn't afford the kind of production schedule that would let his style show through in designs/bgs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

uh oh, looks like we may have to induce

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Ooh, who's got it?

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Sucks

they just use Glenn as their group name

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/cheppoly/status/1050240259143929856

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

as if the wsj boys sports series wouldn't be engineered for maximum gap moe

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tonegawa was finally hijacked by the kaiji s2 villain and it was weirdly heartwarming at the end. really curious where the show goes from there since there's still a bunch of s1 games for tonegawa to create but i'd honestly love more features on other villains like ichijo and muraoka.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

can't believe dav would just spit on the grave of aoharu machinegun like this

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Exist in proximity to a girl

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

thankfully this is a finale movie so any of this actually turning into more headass discourse like the beginning of s2 will be squashed by its limited availability

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

You promise that there won't be any more Euphonium?

well, finale is in the film title. there are some other novels in the euphoverse that take place at another school, no idea if they'd adapt those.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the one in gridman where the character designer was told specifically to make her rear end big and thighs thicc

e: sorry this is fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the thread been made