Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Fangz posted:

People who read the light novel have described bunny senpai as darling in the franxx except 30 times worse.

That's a shame. I didn't find the first episode too bad so I might just drop ship the moment things start getting really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Speaking of Run Like The Wind, is it actually about running or is it about running like Grand Blue is about diving (i.e. focused on university stupidity)?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Haha what the christ, this was not what I expected Zombieland Saga to be about.

I love it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I have admittedly never watched Eva but Gridman really reminded me of old-school Ultraman (which makes sense) which I loved as a kid. Looking forward to more.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Irozuku Sekai's ED is absolutely lovely. The episode itself was also a pretty chill watch as well.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gridman: I do wonder why that spooky guy is lugging around 4 poles. I thought they were katanas in the preview images and just thought he was a huge edgelord, but now I'm just confused.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I watched the first episode of Run With The Wind and I think there's definitely something special here. Helps that the soundtrack is great. Glad to hear that it's got 23 episodes slotted.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think I'm already following about 8 anime this season, but might try to fit in Double Decker as well depending on my time. My personal "shaping up to be something special" list: Run With The Wind, Gridman, Zombieland. Pretty anime I'm watching: Bunny girl senpai, Irozuku. Fun ones: Slime, Honda-san, Golden Kamuy S2, Anima Yell.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The banter in Bunny Girl Senpai is pretty top notch. Gonna be pretty sad when she inevitably disappears from MC's memory :(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My only exposure to tokusatsu was watching Ultraman as a kid and I definitely feel that Gridman captures the spirit. The kaiju even waddles like a guy in a suit.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Whilst we're on the subject, I made a Gridman thread.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

run with the wind is prob my fav new thing this season
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1050551893070630912

It's definitely up there for me. Along with the dog, I think the ED is absolutely amazing (also it contains more dog).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah I watched the first episode out of grim curiosity from the title and I was pleasantly surprised to see how good it was. Definitely one of my favourites this season.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

They're not lying. :nws: Click at your own peril :nws:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Haiji is hilariously manipulative and about 3 steps ahead of everyone with the girl and the clubbing. He's the best.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Someone make a Run With The Wind thread already so I can talk about this good dog and his ten good boys (and one good girl).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

iospace posted:

You can start threads

I already made the Gridman one and didn't feel like spamming the subforum :v: Looks like someone made one as I was typing anyway.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm probably adding the archery anime to my list of stuff to watch this season. I used to do Western archery and am curious to see how the Japanese counterpart works. Actually, are there any prior archery anime series, Japanese or otherwise?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bunny Girl Senpai continues to be extremely good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

When I said archery I meant more of the sports variety, but anything's good I guess :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let me tell you how long I spent looking for Irozuku when it turns out the English title was Iroduku.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I made a bunny girl senpai thread now that the first arc is over.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Is UzaMaid worth watching despite the loli obsession?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

My understanding is that it features some of studio Dogakobo's finest animation alongside the ceaseless gags about how the maid is lusting after a grade schooler, so

Guess not. I could have handled a joke or two per episode, but not if it's constant. Shame, people say the rest of the comedy is good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That's kinda my sense of humour as well. I guess I'll watch a couple of episodes myself then.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

UzaMaid: Not As Bad As Goblin Slayer

You'd definitely need a weirdo sense of humour to get into it though, along with being willing to mentally cast the maid as the villain.

Animation is very good at least.

Julias posted:

It was apparently bad, though the one person who watched it and said it was bad in last season thread didn't elaborate when multiple posters asked why.

Also one of the producers kidnapped a teenage girl. :whitewater:

Oh wow, what's the story behind that?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

UzaMaid seems like it could be pretty fun if they ditched the paedophile angle and gave the maid Sousuke Sagara's personality instead.

Agreed.

Will admit, laughed out loud when I saw the maid's in-game avatar just pull out a gun.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anima Yell: surprisingly wholesome about non-het relationships :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Snapped bowstrings are no small matter, especially when the bows have high poundage. I've seen a snapped compound before and it was terrifying because those have ridiculously high poundages.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I was hardly a master at archery when I did it but target panic was a big issue for me as well. Think I'll be keeping an eye on this series (and the manservice).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Personally I always found that it was a bit of a mix of anxiety along with not being able to hold my body still very well, but I think it might be different for everyone. I honestly never did look too deep into it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

kayakyakr posted:

Man, this season's been really hard to find a series to be interested in. We can't even get past the blurbs to try anything...

Might just have to start at the top of https://myanimelist.net/anime/season sorted by rating, and work our way down until something sticks...

My top 3 this season have been Gridman, Run With the Wind and Bunny Girl Senpai with Zombieland Saga close behind them. I'd suggest checking those out at the very least.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone got opinions if Boarding School Juliet is worth watching?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think all the sports anime this season are just full of good boys (some of which should just kiss already). Run With The Wind, Tsurune and the sumo one that I haven't watched. The first two I can say are very good (so far).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I really wish Irozuku was a 2-cour because the first 4 episodes were a nice slow burn but the last episode upped the pacing like they just remembered they only had 13 episodes to work with. I just want more 2-cour PA Works shows :(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hell yeah. I really think Shirobako is one of the best series I've seen and I liked Sakura Quest a lot. I need to go back and watch Hanasaku Iroha and NagiAsu eventually.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wouldn't mind a second season of Yoshino's adventures in Okinawa, but Sakura Quest ended pretty satisfyingly IMO.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've only seen Index S1, but Alesteir is the upside-down floaty guy in the tube right?

Also, watching through Railgun before it goes off Crunchy and just starting S. Is there anything in Index S2 I should know before going into S? I found that I would have missed some concepts in Railgun S1 if I hadn't watched Index S1 beforehand.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Also I ended up watching some eps of the idol zombie anime and it's really cute :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Is anime good?