Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Banana Fish is concrete noir, which makes me dread a live-action version not done film noir.

e: Starlight needed another 35 episodes and a budget and David Cage doing punch-up on the writing while on French acid.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Decker: Has there been anime not T&B with better hair than this, on all its characters? The BBA was an MC in her younger years I'm sure.

Slime: If the remaining episodes keep this kind of budget and quality of adaptation it'll be a winner, source was great to begin with

poo poo CG no Ken: No, Ken, no. Someone's going to model-rip the PS4 FOTN and make an MMD to tell it off with

Aoki Kagayaki: This is some wu xia rear end sci-fi wu xia anime, final scene nailed it onto my watch-list

Gonna be a fine season.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Between the Sky and Sea was pretty disappointing as a first episode. It was too silly to be taken seriously

It lost me at replaceable cellphone batteries. Obnoxiously dumb show.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Julias posted:

This is the thing, yes, hello? :raise:
I'm fine with a world where rockets take off surrounded by forests and fresh water, with densely populated areas within launch-disaster splash-range, spaceflight is treated like getting aboard someone's puddle jumper for a quick pass, and all the science behind the space fisheries.

BUT REPLACEABLE PHONE BATTERIES IS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

JoJo gooood.

Zombieland hilarious.

Irozuku absolutely captured me and I cannot wait to learn more of that magical world.

Uchi no Maid I thought was based on a manga with a similar name and screw my curiosity. It has a remarkably well done running scene and the maid's physique caters to those with built ripped combat maid kinks, but the OP description covers it all, the maid should be institutionalized. I feel sad for the poor child. Where is the story going to go? Is this going to become the new thing for the industry? 5 FBI watchlists out of 5

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Space fishing is the kind of series that needs a scientist with booze reacting to it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Goblin Slayer's of a lower budget than Unchi no Maid for visuals, remains to be seen if it runs like I remember the manga, doesn't it eagerly remind you that goblins rape human women to make new goblins at least twice an arc, across all spinoffs and redos and sidestories? Author, are you ok?

Gridman copies a load of Shin Godzilla clips but that was a blast of a first episode, worth all the hype leading up to it.

Spyce is real great but there has to be a downside to the drug. Are they going to Madoka ep3 this story beat?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Good: JAS-39 Gripen
Bad: Plane's not listed under characters :arghfist:

Maybe one day they'll animate Red Prowling Devil.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I don't know how Honda is going to have material for a whole season but gimme some of that.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Re:Monster anime any season now I bet

Spiritus Nox posted:

Watch the Slime show to meet goblins who are cute and friendly and want you to protect them IMO

It's so nice, the spider isekai show can already rest in peace.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Jingai-san no Yome is hard to describe in text, other than you should watch it if you only watch one short anime this fall, and if you refuse short anime entirely, you should ignore that personal decision just for this peculiar fluffy mystery. I'm just that baffled.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Is there a term for a 30-60 second pre-OP non-OP introductory bit that doesn't ever change and comes before the 90 second OP in some shows, other than weak effort in saving time and money?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

In my head I'm watching the dubbed version of Conception and Gilbert Gottfried is doing his worst as the piece of poo poo mascot, but it fits. At least it's not as dumb as Last Period.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Julias posted:

From the look of things, next season is going to be awesome.

Hah I'm not falling for that one again :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Irozuku ended and solidified itself as my strongest fave of the season. Beautiful visuals like that were essential to make it and I'm a sucker for aspects of time in storytelling, felt like the finale could have stretched out the tiniest bit more and given us additional thoughts from the gang but it was all fine. Probably something to re-watch.

Rerided I finished for idiotic curiosity's sake. It had a good idea but quickly threw it out and derailed into face on palm, same for Spyce which largely felt like a waste of studio and was I right, there was not a single bit about negatives from the drugs other than overdoses are bad you guyz? I best go enjoy Princess Principal a few more times and feel better about life.

Beelzebub was an okay remnant of moeblobbery, Yagate's art style I absolutely loved but not so much the mostly predictable events, Jingai was strange but kinda heartwarming and I want so much more from that world. Conception was tremendously stupid, Irritating Maid had a muscular lady going for it and blew the budget in the first episode, felt more sorry for the kid and all the poo poo she was put through than interested in everything else. Goblin was ok. Decker was refreshingly colourful but really not a new T&B so I want watch that all over and follow it up with Space Dandy. Juliet was a fine adaptation of the manga which deserves a live-action version with people capable of stunts and fight scenes. Banana very good, man. SAO cringe-material. Index tiresome grand scheme shounen fighter that quickly reminded me why I quit the manga, can we have more Railgun instead? Gridman was superb and Ulyssees was the opposite. Honda kicks rear end.

I like the goofy cute meme poo poo of Golden Kamuy as that seems to be its focus, over dark serious matters. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW LEG!