Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

quote:

Toaru Majutsu no Index III ( A Certain Magical Index III)
J.C.Staff | Hiroshi Nishikiori | Hiroyuki Yoshino | Action, Magic, Sci-Fi, Super Power | Light Novel | Oct 5, 2018
The third season of Toaru Majutsu no Index
PV

:psyduck: But it’s been, like, a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yo I read a little bit about that spider show and now I just shotgunned the entire manga. Please give more.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endorph posted:

There's a few anime and a shitton of manga that have treated that topic well. Not posting this in a 'how dare you not know this' way but a 'it's cool and it's sad that a combination of group orientalism and general ignorance of more niche shows has led to people not knowing'

in conclusion, double house is a good manga

I think lack of visibility is being taken as "it's completely new and we brought it to them" instead of "it always existed and no one bothered to promote/support it until recently", which is a worrying implication. As for other things that would be relevant to LGBT watchers/readers, the transformative sense you mentioned where there's ever an assertion of a previous state that contradicts an individual's current and asserted state, but I'm also talking out of my rear end here cause that's just my interpretation of what I've seen. It might be complete bullshit.

There's also the whole "ddddddurrrrrrrrrrrrrr japan doesn't have the concept therefore not trans" which is bull cause it's all nomenclature anyway. There is nothing about nationalities that make it so that humans have completely different experiences and feelings, what the gently caress guys.

DisDisDis posted:

Back in the 80's Dirty Pair had an episode where the two main chars basically turned to the screen and said "trans women are women and in the space year 3000X it's normal and common for people to transition"

not posting this to gotcha anyone I just really like Dirty Pair

I have heard good things about it but I never watched it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m amazed at how little I remember of Persona 5. :negative:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Expect My Mom posted:

The person who wrote the lyrics to Life Will Change was fired for being too woke. I was sold a bill of goods.

Lol hold up. Whut?