Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's cool, he's a pro wrestler and probably did a wrestling kick where nobody gets hurt but it looks crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Next season should be cast entirely with pro wrestlers

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

Next season should be cast entirely with pro wrestlers

I would definitely watch this but I'm going to watch anyway so that probably shouldn't matter

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ApplesandOranges posted:

The funny thing is that John was trying to wrestle people to slow them down but he ended up last on the mat anyway.

He's tiring them out by forcing them to grapple him and I guarantee he's got better cardio then them so it's a war of attrition that he's gonna win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It just didn't seem terribly valid in this comp from either Pat or Johnny's perspective. The second leg was one person and the third leg was fairly simple. You're only tiring them out for that first obstacle course leg and no matter how effective you are you're maling yourself the last one out.

But it was funny. I'm sad Pat won't be around to try and wrestle the wrestler more.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We have to get great moments with John now because he's going to run out of calories in 2 episodes.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 30, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

We have to get great moments with John now because it's going to run out of calories in 2 episodes.

He needs to wrestle up some grub

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Johnny BodyFat does seem like he kind of made the cardinal mistake of coming into Survivor totally jacked instead of with a little pot belly. He definitely seems like a candidate to be unable to get out of bed due to lack of food by the tribe swap or the one who eats everything and pisses everyone off and gets voted out.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I just watched the premiere and cannot get over Pat getting evaced and Jeff immediately invoking the theme of the show to explain the David’s lovely rear end luck, lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Probst is a robot and sometimes his faulty "tact" programming shows through

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

*the goliaths win their 4th consecutive tribal immunity*
Jeff: This makes total sense! It’s like the Goliaths are natural born winners! And the Davids loving suck!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I love that the Davids are gonna be portrayed as the 'underdogs' and we're supposed to be rooting for them, because that just means I'm gonna root for the Goliaths and cheer when they win four or five straight challenges and Probst vainly tries to spin it into some 'c'mon Davids, stop being terrible and conquer adversity! Play to our theme!'.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I hope we get enough Johnny Mundo to get him into a balance challenge because those are what usually meant to nerf the strong guys a bit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

I love that the Davids are gonna be portrayed as the 'underdogs' and we're supposed to be rooting for them, because that just means I'm gonna root for the Goliaths and cheer when they win four or five straight challenges and Probst vainly tries to spin it into some 'c'mon Davids, stop being terrible and conquer adversity! Play to our theme!'.

It was especially funny when the Davids were getting a very kind, we're-all-in-this-together edit while the Goliaths were tearing each other apart and then immediately everything goes wrong for the Davids in the final third

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

Johnny BodyFat does seem like he kind of made the cardinal mistake of coming into Survivor totally jacked instead of with a little pot belly. He definitely seems like a candidate to be unable to get out of bed due to lack of food by the tribe swap or the one who eats everything and pisses everyone off and gets voted out.

If anyone can top Cole 'I need to eat 6000 calories a day and I'm gonna chew on these cinnamon sticks' Meddlers, it'd be this guy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't know anything about Johnny Mundo before this season but he seems nicer than Cole. I expect him to fall on his sword honorably and die out there rather than be a dick to the rest of them.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

This confession is incredible

That editing gag was straight up the highlight of the episode.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I'm not sure how I'm feeling this season so far, but I'll keep watching. It was hard to sit through a season opener with people sobbing and disclosing their troubled pasts all night during a storm.

I've never liked the crying on Survivor, but I guess they're humans and I'm just a dick. It might be easier to deal with if they didn't cue the corny soft piano music just as the emotional moments start.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AWarmBody posted:

I'm not sure how I'm feeling this season so far, but I'll keep watching. It was hard to sit through a season opener with people sobbing and disclosing their troubled pasts all night during a storm.

That's like the number two reason I watch :kiddo:

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

precision posted:

That's like the number two reason I watch :kiddo:

I'm not knocking it! I just feel awkward for the people whose reactions are being filmed. If it's in a confessional, I'm all about that. But to watch groups of people hear about one castaways's abuse experiences, etc, I just feel weird about it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

no pinball league this week so I'm here to poooooooost

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 4, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Just giving them pity rewards now

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

turns out that the day one showmance alliance isn't as airtight as you'd think it'd be

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm not going down without burning every bridge possible.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Natalie 100% not getting voted out tonight.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

lollin at this face paint

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

AN HOUR???

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lone Goat posted:

AN HOUR???

Came to post exactly this lmao

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

"in my sport technique beats everything"

girl your sport has weight classes, you shouldn't be fighting anyone that weighs more than 10 pounds than you.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

That exchange between Gabby and Christian was incredible.

:j: do you you want to meet play with me?
:byodood: what like in the sand?

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
That blindside absolutely ruled

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

no pinball league this week so I'm here to poooooooost

guess i was the only one. hope everyone else is doing well at pinball league

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Lone Goat posted:

guess i was the only one. hope everyone else is doing well at pinball league

i was here, very much appreciated this post:

Lone Goat posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jeep posted:

I liked her but yeah that was some good Survivor right there

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea that was a classic awesome blindside.

I really cannot stand cowgirl though. Like visually I just want her gone.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

wow we made it 4 pages before "she ugly" good work team

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

sportsgenius86 posted:

:confused:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Lone Goat posted:

Yes, that was great.

And indeed, and what a twist!

Tribal has a real Legends of the Hidden Temple thing going this year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

wow we made it 4 pages before "she ugly" good work team

I don’t care about her actual physical appearance. She looks goofy as gently caress on an island in a big rear end hat and belt buckle. And she always has this awful “aww shucks” look.

E: mostly she just triggers memories of every yokel religious weirdo I see when the state fair is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Jeep posted:

I fuckin' clapped. :byewhore:

Also I'm not sure if its me but I found Christian in this episode absolutely unbearable to watch speak.