Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

IcePhoenix posted:

That was an incredibly stupid play but it was great for TV

Alec right now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

For those looking for a numbers, Gabby and Christian might have some luck in working with Johnny, where others would want to target him after merge. Could be a way to get a solid loyal ally, even if it does put you in danger at tribals if Johnny wins immunity. A Christian/Gabby/Elizabeth/Mike/Lyrsa/Johnny/Nick group would probably work well together, and be able to pick off a few key targets to eliminate any chance to break up that alliance.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Gabby is either getting the car accident waiting to happen edit or a winner edit. Not sure at this point. They've been playing the Gabby is freaking out angle for several episodes now with her never being in any danger since her tribe keeps winning. Not sure why they'd build it to that degree unless she's going to have a big turn around.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Gabby was laying it on pretty thick there at tribal. She needs to back off a tad. I guess maybe she thought people would see that as her normal temperament.

Hoping that 3/3 six are able to hang together. Seeing them pull this off would be fun.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Poque posted:

That makes me think there's a palm tree like that near the beach at camp and the "..." before the ! is leading to where you need to dig.

That was my thought as well. Meaning it still could be found later. They set up that Gabby saw it this episode, then pay it off down the line when she goes "hey wait, that kind of looks like..."

Edit: Thinking about it, if that is an idol, I wonder if she actually found it right after the merge feast but they're holding that footage for a future episode. Having her find it this episode would require them to do more talking heads about why she isn't using her idol on the obvious boots.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 8, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hahah, holy poo poo what an episode. That John blindside was perfectly executed AND they managed to save their vote steal and idol nullifier.

I was thinking, they really should target someone other than Angelina, and when she was getting votes, I was like "Doh!" but then they clutched it with the John votes to spread in case she got an idol played. I'm not sure that even makes any sense though unless they knew Christian was getting an idol played on him but whatever. Maybe he DID know ahead of time, and the surprise at tribal was for show.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 15, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, if Nick doesn't win those immunities, he's gone. I don't care what Angelina thinks would happen or what Mike promises. None of them have any reason to take him. You don't have a David at the end to allow the theme of the season to play out. Even if the jurors claim they wouldn't vote based on that, it's there regardless to affect them.

And if Nick was getting pissy after the tribals near the end I don't blame him. Being constantly reassured by his "alliance" that they're on his side after they constantly vote against him is a big hit to take. He did well to never actually directly throw it back in their face. "Oh thanks for betraying me again Mike, let me pull this knife out of my back so you can have it back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I've been watching RhaP for awhile and Rob also sometimes has strange strategy takes in his BB and Survivor recaps that wouldn't really work. I'm not entirely sure why he thinks they would work, but they usually involve voting choices which would not be in the voters best interest. I'm not sure if that reveals an underlying flaw in his strategy mindset or what, but it may explain why he never won.