Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Lone Goat posted:

Not sure if this is more or less believable than "Sash from Nicaragua tried to bribe Jane and then production told FTC jurors that they weren't allowed to vote for him."

That's one of those Survivor rumors I believe. If you go back and watch the tribal voting videos online, they used to show you all of the actual voting confessionals. Here's one from Heroes vs. Villains for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pntZ052xNDM

Now, if you look at the votes from the TC where that alleged bribing incident took place, Jane says 'You can lie all you want to -", then it very suddenly cuts to her putting her vote in the urn. Sash says ' What you pulled today at camp and at tribal is utterly disgusting - " then the rest of what he's said is edited out too. Then after Survivor Nicaragua they stopped letting us see the voting confessionals period. Something def happened at that tc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeQaOAF1QQk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

For a super long time it was a truism amongst Big Brother fans that "A woman can't beat a man in the finals" because like the three times there had been that scenario the man had won (even though in most of those cases most agreed the man deserved to beat the woman). And then like 2 women beat 2 men in the last three seasons and threw the whole silly theory for a loop because it was always just an assumption drawn out of a handful of results.

I imagine there's less cases of this "jury won't reward a rich person" theory. It seems plausible as a thing that could happen but it doesn't seem like it should be the truism its treated as.

Yeah, agreed. I think the bigger truism is that 'people will vote for whom they like and respect'. Mike just needs to go up against two people who are disliked more than he is (although to be fair I am not sure there are two of those people left in the game), and his wealth will be overlooked.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Returning casts are best in moderation. In the 20s it was getting ridiculous, had returnees for 20, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27...

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
This is totally thirdhand info so take it with a grain of salt but someone was at Allison's watch party last week, and apparently Allison said that Nick threw a lot more temper tantrums every time a vote didn't go his way. They just didn't make air

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Mike was best when he was sassing Angelina.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
^That wasn't quite the same as the later players though. They started filming seasons back to back in the same location from 19-20, which meant that there the latter players like Russell Zeke and Malcolm only had 2-3 weeks off between filming. Whereas James and Amanda had over 2 months

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Was watching some old Heroes vs. Villains clips on youtube and totally forgot about pre-game Sugar and JT

http://screenertv.com/news-features/survivor-hero-sugar-jt-slept-with-me-pregame-and-told-me-wed-stick-together/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Was listening to a RHAP podcast a few years ago where Rob was like 'you know, I've talked to Tyson multiple times, I've talked to Russell, I've talked to Parvati, I've analyzed that episode too many times in my life to count but I still don't understand what the hell that move by Tyson was'