Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Sharing from "The Hollywood Reporter" in case anyone else is curious what ended up happening with Pat:

quote:

Pat said he was hospitalized for three days before returning to Ponderosa, the location in Fiji where players are sequestered before and after production begins. Contestants who are voted out before the jury phase of the game eventually embark on a short vacation before returning to the United States; Pat was healthy enough to join his fellow cast members on that trip. He told THR he was back to exercising a week after the accident. Upon returning home, Pat learned he had mild spinal deterioration, common for someone in his line of work as a maintenance manager. The accident may have aggravated his condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

The one thing that does annoy me slightly about Christian is his posture. It's like he's constantly hunching.

He leans forward really dramatically when making a point, I've noticed.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I really don't even understand what she was trying to do with the bamboo. If you put a bunch of halves round side down they would tend to slide underneath each other and rock around and also the top would be a bunch of narrow edges and mostly holes. It's not like bamboo is solid in the middle.

Maybe I'm just not picturing what the hell

I assumed what she was doing was trying to cut them so they'd all be a uniform height (still round side pointed up) instead of a bunch of varying heights when they were whole. As is, the varying heights meant that she couldn't sleep on a level surface, but if she could cut them all in half and made each piece have the same height then maybe it would be flat(ter?) when she put them all back on the "bed". But I agree it wasn't shown very well to illustrate whatever her goal was.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Are Survivor winners obligated to give money to a Democratic ex-president? Yes, it does seem odd to think that Mark Burnett would insist on that.

Yes. It's the "Jeff Kent" tax.

e:f,b.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Spergatory posted:

Say hello to the worst possible ending everyone! It's coming, and there's pretty much no stopping it!

Now we know why Jeff was so passive about this season -- which was actually one of the more entertaining up until this point -- before it aired.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

And Angelina is just pure "lol". The ladder/rock nonsense. "I could have died!" Sincerely believing she's been running the game. "I feel like a mob boss." Orchestrating votes against herself so she can use an idol. Crafting a fake idol just to try and trick Allison into embarrassing herself. Nick openly choosing to take her because he thinks he can beat her and her sincerely thinking she manipulated him. And of course her rationalizing that we're laughing with her and not at her and that she's just being judged for being "aggressive". Being the person who joins up with Natalie to complain about her narrative. Angelina is completely insane and the pettiest person and its hilarious.

Arguably the most delusional player we've seen since Coach, and that's really saying something. There's lack of self awareness, and then there's Angelina. Her alternating between trying to position herself as a champion for women but also bragging about flirting her way out of traffic tickets and allegedly being involved in a showmance as a married woman is also an interesting position to take.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

And Angelina did have a story arc of talking about how few women had found idols in the beginning of the game, then she managed to find one and make good use of it.

How did she make good use of it? She tried once again to act like an arrogant mastermind in a big production for the jury (I can't remember her exact words when getting up to play the idol but it was something like, "I have the votes for Alison anyway but I'm going to play this to be extra safe") which they saw right through, and also used the opportunity to pointlessly irritate someone that she's sending to the jury out of spite. Add into this the fact that she didn't find the idol herself -- while losing the clue and stranding herself on a ledge which resulted in somewhat of an emotional breakdown immediately thereafter that she tried to play off as injuring herself -- and required assistance from Nick and Mike to actually locate it. The entire episode is yet another summation of her horribly misguided gameplay and insufferable personality.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he played the exact same game in redemption island and got voted out for it

With the key difference being that his tribe mates had the ability to watch his previous seasons this time around as opposed to "HvV" when they were going in blind.

Then again, Boston Rob's tribe mates had presumably seen his seasons before yet were somehow willing to let him waltz to the easiest and most uncontested win in the history of the show, so there's that, too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

If Ozzy got to FTC in South Pacific I struggle to imagine a scenario where he doesn't win.

This is part of the reason that Sophie Clarke is one of my favourite winners, because she denied that shitbag a million dollars.

And I maintain that if Coach had gone up there and told the jury that his religious zealot leader thing was all an act, he'd have won (or should have, at least). Instead, he decided to double down on it.