Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pony: Spirit Reader
Poison: Hot Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Anything good in the first half hour other than the lurking lady and the idiot searching for an idol?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Barking orders for a modified slider puzzle. This is Survivor Hell.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The weather started getting rough. The tiny ship was tossed. :ohdear:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Anything good happen before the Murphy Brown ad break?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Oh my God, I'm going to be so sad if we lose Natalie this episode. She's the most amazing kind of trainwreck. :allears:
I am firmly on the side of the woman who realized Natalie is a harmless meat shield.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope Natalie can roadrunner her way to victory as everyone chasing her self-destructs.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bring back the Don't Drown challenge!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Who is the richest person to play? Jeff Kent?
I'd be shocked if he wasn't barring some crazy investments from Cliff Robinson. From straight league earnings we have Kent at $86M, Cliff Robinson at $61M, and Scott Pollard with a distant $38M. I don't have a good source but coaching and 20 years of TV money put Jimmy Johnson in the mix.

e: Forgot David Samson from the old Marlins management. That dude is loaded and crushes Jeff.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The jacket drama was wonderful.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Christian is a character the producers like to feature rather than a guy destined for the finals. He seems more well rounded than previous nerds but I'm not sold.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm rooting for them but I don't see how the 3-3 alliance is viable against the safety of Pagonging. Maybe the 3 Goliaths are slick enough to protect the 3 Davids long enough to make a move.

Gabby didn't get the dodo music so she was on to something or it looked like a favorable strategic move. Could always be the narrator edit.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

FWIW the edgic people latched onto Michele from the start. The specific content of the edit was wildly unsatisfying as a viewer. Some was bad luck (no Tribal for Michele until day 23) and some was the producers moving on to feature players fast tracked for returns. It is weird that even the producers seem to bag on Michele rather than blame a bitter jury.

Multiple friendships are hard to show. Everyone saw Wendell earn Laurel's vote but the perfect jury split between early and late boots was left mostly unexplored.

The Redemption Island conspiracy is boring. Tyson being gifted Blood vs Water as a payout for his botched vote in Heroes vs. Villains is the one to back. :tinfoil:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Carl was robbed. :colbert: That's a production gently caress up.

I hope Angelina tries to win favor every week from now on. She's become a fun goat.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I think the women will join up and agree to a ~25% shot at the money but I am hoping for an endless series of big moves where people elevate their status and immediately become the next target.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

drat this challenge must suck with two short people.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

he's probably going to play his idol after the blatant cheering against him in the challenge
I'm all about the rope chop and popularity contest but drat you can't give information for free.

e: weird cut to Nick during the Allison talk

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 6, 2018

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Disharmony posted:

lol is gabby's strategy fueled by jealousy?
I think it's more Big Move Fever but it is partly rooted in last week's claim that Carl was taking credit instead of she and Christian.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Christian is probably hosed without an immunity run but that was a hell of a move.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Oh Christian voted Alison. Weird of Mike and Angelina to take out Gabby who would have been completely neutered after Christian played an idol she didn't know about.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Shneak posted:

Wow so Angelina masterminded Gabby's demise :eyepop:
I hope she climbs back to victory like Adam.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Do we know if the final four has a firemaking challenge again or did they ditch that after the reception from the last two seasons?
"It's here to stay" - Jeff. Rob and Fishbach seemed to think the players know. IDK if they were told before the game but at a minimum they should expect it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Gabby's beliefs about resume and taking credit aren't entirely wrong but it's really hard to strategize your way out of being #2 in the dominant pair. Fishbach kept bringing up Ken voting out David and getting no credit for it. She needs friends and votes not big moves. The reaction to Christian giving comfort is her realizing how strong he is socially.

Vernacular posted:

Nick, I don't know. His bitterness felt a little unnecessary, and even slightly hypocritical given he was trying to pull a fast one over Christian's closest ally last week
I would argue Nick was right to stop trusting Christian so it's a positive edit. I think he has the edge over Davie but the winner will be whoever leans back instead of taking credit for voting out Christian. There is a chance they go crazy and think they should keep Christian as a decoy.

I have no idea what's going on with the numerous confessionals of "We have to get rid of Alison, the big threat!" [footage not found].

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Post-merge idols should all be hidden inside challenges.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Angelina is the best.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hooray for an idoladvantage you have to work for.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mike admits Allison is not a huge threat to win the game. Finally some reasonable talk.

e: :3: if this Davie confessional is honest.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mike will go on to lose to Alison in the finals so this throwaway line becomes the highlight of her terrible edit.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Going to tribal reminds me that Jeff will play along with bullshit and the vote wagering to extend the life of an idol is insane. The 50% shot of losing your vote is far higher than the historical likelihood of Jeff blowing up your lie.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Was Nick fooled by Davie or did he panic?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am Team Cruel Psychopath.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Adus posted:

i just would be really annoyed at seeing alison win just because this idea that she was a threat somehow infected everyone.
I wouldn't hate it if she went on an immunity run or made fire but the edit is jarring if this is their way to show her building relationships with the jury. Hopefully the pay off is that it's a season long joke when someone reveals they inflated Alison to build their resume.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Giant ladder.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Angelina needs that reward time to find her idol. :ohdear:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sadly it's too late in the game for Mike to build a resume for Best Drunk.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Welp, Nick is not winning. You don't have someone say "he's a loving child" about your winner in your finale. Bye Nick! Bye, hope for a halfway decent winner!
The only hope is that Kara winning might draw enough complaints for the editors to get fired or something.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Evil Mike is fun.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I want Angelina in the finals just to watch her beg for votes.
She can negotiate her way to 2nd place money maybe

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I like the ball run but not for the final challenge. It should be a spidery maze every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Seriously the last final challenge was amazing.