Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm hoping the season ends up being good. My hopes aren't that high, but I will still probably watch every episode because it's Survivor and very much my thing.

Not sure if I can get past it basically being the same theme as the current season of Australian Survivor. Although maybe the US version will play out better not having professional athletes compete against average shitheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also just realized that Pat appears to have a loving tattoo of a cross necklace instead of an actual necklace... who the gently caress comes up with that poo poo and doesn't have any friends to tell them not to do it?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IcePhoenix posted:

drat that slide puzzle was easy as poo poo lol

e: maybe not they just had slide puzzle jesus

I think it was probably a mix if both. It looked like the slide puzzle was all squared up and not that difficult for a slide puzzle.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The worst thing about watching this live, is all the ads for the absolute poo poo shows CBS apparently shows the rest of the time.

Like, lol, what if we had a black family and white family try to be neighbors?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What the gently caress.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I wanted to hate the guy for the tattoo necklace, but hope he gets a chance back on Survivor in the future. What a weird way to go out... on a boat ride back from a challenge that the producers barely have even shown over the years as something that exists.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I do appreciate Jeff managing to wrangle in the season theme to the medivac though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

Elizabeth has completely bought into the premise. Every confessional is "As a David..."

Yea, but that's to be expected, she's probably got a producer being like say you're a David.

Jeff going, "Hey look a member of your Tribe got medivacs, that's a total parallel to you guys being loser Davids and life just making GBS threads all over you"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IcePhoenix posted:

How do you not just straight pull him from the game seeing that

I suppose they will since it ends at 830. Guess this is why they did a 90 minute premier instead of the full 2 hours.

The fall Survivor premier is 90 minutes followed by the 90 minute Big Brother finale :eng101:

Also, it seems they likely did pull Pat out of the game effectively right away. Like they didn't even finish taking the tribe to their beach, dude got hurt and they stopped at some random beach location that was not their camp, started some medical work and brought in the helicopter. Like the only delay that might have existed was bringing in Jeff, but even that was probably pretty quick.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's cool, he's a pro wrestler and probably did a wrestling kick where nobody gets hurt but it looks crazy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm not going down without burning every bridge possible.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I for one doubt the interns editing the Ponderosa videos are fully trained experts on what they can and cant do.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ah yes, it was 1 of 2 people that was going home...

Jeff, "What a perfectly executed blindside"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dugong posted:

I’m really enjoying this season of Freaks V Geeks so far. I have no clue how long reality tv l take to edit but the optimist in me thinks that the editors took note of the feedback from last season about how uneven airtime was for the contestants. It’s still very early but I feel that most of this cast is regularly getting confessionals.

Also I just finished the last season of Oz Survivor. It didn’t reach the lofty heights of the 2017 season but it was still pretty great.

It always seems that way, but then someone gets a confessional after merge and we're like, "Where did that person come from?"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gluten Freeman posted:

the woman who hates Natalie is called Natalia???

I can pretty much never keep track of names until the merge.

Try watching the last season of Survivor Australia... You get a Shane, Shonee, and Sharn lasting until late in the game... Gotta pay attention to even figure out who they are talking about.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shemp the Stooge posted:

The producers loved showing them writing the names down for voting, S..h...camera cuts away.

Also, I wanted to say this in the Australia thread but I was always behind on watching so I couldn't. They have some seriously interesting/dangerous challenges on their show. Some needlessly dangerous. The entire time I was watching the final challenge I kept thinking what if someone falls?

I still have to watch the final. But I liked the one where they are hanging on the underside of the log, so when they fall they go down head first into the mud...

But, they do have some pretty epic challenges. I'd like to see the arch word puzzle they had for the first part for the car in the US survivor. Kind of fun, you gotta keep holding the arch up, while adding more letters to it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well I posted this in the wrong thread first, but might as well paste it over...

Odd start... they clearly had a challenge setup, but then also were preparing for the quit with the swap.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Spergatory posted:

This is such a niche item though. Like the conditions for a correct idol play are pretty narrow, but the conditions for an idol nullifier are even narrower.

Yea, I highly doubt it will come into play.

You gotta pick the tribal an idol is going to get played at AND pick who it will be played on. Almost impossible to achieve that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's amazing with the David coming into their tribe Alec went from having an easy 3-2 advantage for 2 votes to now being at a 2-3 disadvantage without any trust from the other Goliath...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

sportsgenius86 posted:

I could see Johnny getting by as a goat strictly because he doesn’t need the money at all and they probably know that.

I don't see that likely coming up too much in a season half full of people like that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, I know they did it at the start a few seasons ago, but having to evacuate the island in the middle of the game is something special.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

What happens when someone has two immunity idols? I'm assuming it's obvious and they survive two councils.

I bet Natalie palmed the hidden idol for their team.

They get overconfident and get voted out with both idols.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I can see that happening.

Glad to be wrong about Natalie's stealth skills! :byewhore:

Oh, I see what you mean now... Players can't steal idols. Once a player finds an idol, it's their idol unless they willingly give it away.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Survivor- David Vs Goliath: Can I have your jacket?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I was under the mistaken impression they hid idols under all three tripods based on what was aired. No matter, I'm not used to these new-fangled idols and three teams.

That's pretty much never how it works. Usually it's 1 camp has that idol clue in it, and it's the only tribe that has an idol hidden at the challenge.

At the very least, they most certainly don't actually put the idols in the challenge unless someone had found the clue that there would be one there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pinterest Mom posted:

I graduated magna cum laude from culinary school.

That's cool. You are probably an expert on cooking eggs and average joe should take your advice so we don't mess up the cooking of the eggs.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Survivor Australia is a big time commitment. 26 episodes that average 60 minutes+ each. But, it's totally worth it. drat near every person in the game usually gets a confessional every episode, and they actually spend some time on camp life, covering the strategy actually going on.

Also the 2017 season, they had the quality, "Give a Survivor a big jar of lollies or cookies and let them use it for bribes" twist.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Spergatory posted:

uhhhh, what.

The show really did not make the case for this boot.

Like, the entire episode was about how nobody likes or trusts Angelina.

WTF

Kind of did, I mean all they didn't do, was show Mike and Nick deciding to vote Lyrsa over Angelina.

Like if Nick stuck with Lyrsa, and forced a 2-2 vote, then he and Mike would be drawing rocks so. Makes sense they wanted to avoid that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also, if you haven't figured out Survivor editing by this point. If the whole episode looks like 1 person is going to be the one voted off, they will not be voted off.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Propaganda Machine posted:

Listening to Rob's podcast, they discussed Gabby at the merge feast for a little, wondering why that got airtime and if the Survivors missed a clue.

So, Gabby mentions the napkin-holders and can't find anything IN them, but wasn't there a shot or two of how they all had that circular symbol, and then a shot of the merge feast sign which also had that symbol on it? I'm wondering if they could have gotten an idol/advantage by pulling the symbol out of the sign (similar to China idols) but I have no way to pull the episode back up to see if it's visibly raised or if there's a perceptible crack around the circumference or anything.

Well this is the sign from the merge and the logo was also on the napkin holders...

But, I don't know if there was really anything to it. Gabby seems to be getting a very favorable edit and has been getting a lot of random confessionals about things that don't seem to matter much. But I dunno if you can read into it much other than she's a hot nerdy chick that can deliver a reasonable narrative in a confessional.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

Nick, Davie, and Christian voted for John. So I'd guess that they set it up ahead of time? At least enough to let Christian know to vote John.

Yea, Davie most certainly told Christian that he had an idol at some point before tribal. It's the only way the vote makes sense.

But the next level thinking there, is they also had to assume that a Goliath would have an idol and play it for Angelina to change the vote up.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Frustrated posted:

My position on Christian has changed a lot after this last episode. Maybe it was the edit but they made it look like Christian got word he was in trouble and instead of even attempting to politic his way out of it he just curled up and accepted his fate. Nick and Davie had to hatch the plan to save him, and while Christian could have just been hamming it up to not give away the blindside, and they could have edited out a lot of conversations between Davie, Nick, and Christian, it does feel like he was overwhelmed by the moment and got saved.

Christian voted for John with Davie and Nick though. So, it seems more likely that it was down to editing.

Also, it kind of shows the game that Christian is actually playing in that Davie wasn't part of their 3 Davids and 3 Goliaths alliance, yet still aligned enough to use his idol.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Its too bad Davie hasn't gotten much screen time thus far...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh drat, the nullifier actually hosed someone over...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat 5 and a half hours is insane for a challenge where they couldn't even take a hand or foot off the thing designed to hurt them.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shneak posted:

Gabby crying count: 3

And there's ANOTHER hour.

Oh drat, I didn't know this was a 2 hour...

Been waiting to start on dinner all this time... gently caress.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nice dunk by Davie...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Get Carl some 1 on 1 time with Boston Rob, then let him come back and try to play the godfather game properly :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Honestly, I can imagine this might have been the worst season for the production team. I mean they had 1 player get hurt and pulled from the game on a boat coming back from a challenge. AND they had to pull all the players (and camera crew) off the island in the middle of the season due to a storm.

Like, it's a good season with good game play, but some serious poo poo has happened this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Spokes posted:

"I took multiple negotiation classes. I will give the first offer. It is everything."

Jeff apparently didn't take any negotiation classes at all.

"Oh you want to give up everything? That's not good enough, you gotta make the personal sacrifice and give up your chance at winning an immunity challenge you had no chance of winning"