Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Looking forward to the show and to posting about it incessantly

What the poo poo are these quotes in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pony: Johnny/Alison
Poison: Dan/Elizabeth

Who knows, though. Looks like a rough bunch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Mighty Moltres posted:

:same:

The dude had a vision for the shelter, and successfully instructed his tribemates on how to build it.
Sure he was loud and obnoxious, but come on. We've all known a Pat in real life. The kind of person who tries a little too hard when he finds himself in a group of new people, but once you get to know him, can be pretty cool.
At least that's the vibe I got from him.

:same::same:

The whole cast was better than I expected from the stills, honestly. I can't imagine how lawyer guy and especially bossy newspaper lady can survive long, but I've been surprised before.

I also want a season with no idols but seeing how excited people get about them as part of their "Survivor experience" it might be kind of sad. Maybe for a returning players season go straight season1 rules.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Overdrift posted:

I feel really bad for Pat, he sounded like such a genuine and funny guy on the Wigler interview. It sounds like he is really keen to try again and Probst sounded pretty positive on the guy as well.

Yeah he'll be back for some returning losers season

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I knew Christian in college, and what you are seeing is him; frenetic, nerdy and intuitively good with algorithms. It was very difficulty to play against him in Diplomacy, too. I haven't seen the show in seventeen years so I have no idea to handicap his chances, unless they throw a ton of physical challenges at him.

There will definitely be physical challenges he'll need to complete in, especially towards the end. It is definitely possible to win without them, but considerably harder

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I'm certain he's got the brains to make a deep run, and they don't seem to be setting him up like that CEO on Goliath at the moment. Unless he's become secretly swole in the ten years since I've seen him, the strength challenges might trip him up.

From what little I've seen his biggest deficit is going to be social. Making a tiny alliance and being on the wrong side of the numbers and/or just being annoying

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is this final four with fire building bullshit again or standard three or don't we know?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

Next season should be cast entirely with pro wrestlers

I would definitely watch this but I'm going to watch anyway so that probably shouldn't matter

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

We have to get great moments with John now because it's going to run out of calories in 2 episodes.

He needs to wrestle up some grub

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Typical Goon posted:

Gabby’s anxiety was entirely justified, if the plan was to take out the physically weakest members of the tribe she would be going home this next week after Lyrsa went last week. She was clearly at the bottom if they kept the plan to get rid of physically weak players

Justified perhaps, but acting that loving skittish and paranoid with your closest ally is poo poo gameplay. That's the sort of thing that makes people (or should make them) start reconsidering your usefulness and looking elsewhere for stability.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

You don't have close allies when you haven't been to a tribal imo

And you never will if you act like that, is all I'm saying

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean the good news is that in-game she only acted that way to one person, the guy voted Least Likely to Read Social Cues.

It's definitely possible there will be no fallout, and obviously it's a natural human reaction and totally understandable, but having that poo poo under control is pretty important to winning Survivor, generally speaking.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Who knows?
It's definitely all spitballing and thursday morning quarterbacking but I don't want the thread to be a wasteland other than a bunch of OH poo poo posts during the show

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

What kind of spear is it that they always use to fish with while snorkeling? The one that shoots out.

Hawaiian Sling

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I hope Natalie can roadrunner her way to victory as everyone chasing her self-destructs.

There is zero chance that she wins this game. It would be less than zero if such a thing was possible.

Still, good vote for tonight, but honestly losing either of them was a good move

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Angela, who really annoyed me with her 'I use persuasion to get out of speeding tickets tehehe' shtick

"Discounts at restaurants" was even worse because you know that means making a loving scene and having the manager come over all the drat time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also based on the stuff we saw this episode it's almost a given Christian and John end up on the same tribe, huh?

I super want them to form an unbreakable friendship and steamroll the game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Mark Burnett

Yeah I know you're reading this thread you trump-loving piss-tape-having shitbird

All will be forgiven if you make a sequel to Kid Nation called Slamtown and make a bunch of nerds and pro-wrestlers form a government. John and Christian can host. You don't have to pay me for this idea.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ApplesandOranges posted:

Jeremy's exit press is out:

Uhhhh well that's a thing?

:catstare:

Jeez both him saying it and CBS reporting it seems Y I K E S

I mean, I'd be pissed if that got me voted off too and I don't want to be an accomplice to some bullshit but holy gently caress

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Even then Mike seemed more fascinated with him than actually bonded. What I mean to say is, that relationship was weird and only possible because Mike is also weird rather than anything Jeremy did, I think.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it's legit.

It's especially legit if he agreed to be circumspect and then made a wisecrack anyway.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Perhaps it is possible that Angelina behaved inappropriately and stupidly in front of TV cameras and Jeremy was thoughtless and annoying?

Yes?

It's still his fault even if for violating peer pressure norms in a social voting game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

And now he's trying to make his boot seem exceptional and shame her, which I don't like at all. He could have told the "real story" without scandalizing it pretty easily I feel like, just frame it as, "Oh, I made a dumb comment and she was sensitive about this, and I got shown the door for it." Instead of centering, "She was MARRIED! She had a HUSBAND!" and painting her like a vindictive whore or something.
:agreed: he seems like an obnoxious jerk right now

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He looks like he just couldn't shut the hell up for ten seconds and was all wound up in paranoia and excitement. Probably just one of those people that lives his life always cranked to 11.

Just shut the hell up, idiot

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Once the first swap comes it will start to shake out the people I'm confusing with each other or outright not noticing (I swear, some Goliath showed up out of nowhere... based on the OP it would be Alison). The little tribal cliques will form and help me put names to faces and figure out who people are. Until then its just two big masses of people and I won't pick up on it unless you're heavily featured or unique in some way.

I mean the swap is next episode

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Capsaicin posted:

has there been a worse challenge than the digging challenge that led to like three medevacs a couple seasons ago? i’ll even throw amazing race eating challenges in there too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love this show and have watched it since S01E01 but poo poo all the seasons run together in my head and I couldn't possibly suggest one like that.

:corsair:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spatula City posted:

Nick has really grown on me. He showed impressive backbone, and talking about how much he dislikes bullies reminds me that, IIRC he's a public defender. He came across as a bit scummy and calculating, but he's shown a lot of layers. And the alliance names are both funny and clever psychology.

Yeah my first impression of him was negative and it's only gone up up up each episode

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Capsaicin posted:

Natalie wearing the jacket in the credits interview? :golfclap:

The single good thing she did on the show, probably.

It would have been even better if she didn't mention it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spergatory posted:

Christian, John, and Dan looking at each other and dying of laughter at absolutely nothing is just the :allears:est.

Those three are definitely a cute couple

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I really don't even understand what she was trying to do with the bamboo. If you put a bunch of halves round side down they would tend to slide underneath each other and rock around and also the top would be a bunch of narrow edges and mostly holes. It's not like bamboo is solid in the middle.

Maybe I'm just not picturing what the hell

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spergatory posted:

Man, that was rough. Jabroni legitimately stood no chance at that challenge. That's the first time I can remember a tribe literally not being strong enough to complete a challenge.

Yeah and they just get worse no matter who they lose

I have to assume there is some kind of tribe shakeup next episode. Have they ever reverted to the original tribes after mixing it up? Like go back to DvG? That could be interesting

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spergatory posted:

2 > 3 > 2 tribes is something they've done a few times--Cambodia comes to mind--but a merge seems more likely to me.

But I mean like literally regroup into the same groups. I think the eliminations have been about even among davids and goliaths. Another couple rounds in those groups before a merge would really throw people for a loop

edit: whelp

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

I know this might seem odd, but think critically about what you get out of the Survivor grand prize.

One million dollars! But more like six hundred grand after Obama is done with it.

Or, we could do the boring thing and search the 2018 federal income tax brackets. The prize is the highest at 39.6% regardless of your personal circumstances, so you take home $604,000 (holy poo poo, the multimillionaire knew his tax numbers with zeroes, go figure).

Where I live, that would buy me a very, very modest house. For a lot of people, that's maybe college for their kids and/or a new car without payments and/or the rest of their mortgage (or a house in Iowa in a cash deal, I guess).

It's a pile of cash, but that's not exactly 1% territory.

edit: I guess I'd also like to point out that even though he's famous and on TV all the time as a talented individual, wrestlers regularly get royally dryfucked, especially in the WWE. CM Punk was fired the day he married his wife (also a WWE wrestler). Their contracts make you look back at recording artists of the late 90's, thinking how lucky they were.

Source your quotes

lmao maybe only a car with no payments

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

That challenge was way more incredible than it had any right to be.

Although Christian had an unfair advantage.

If this is a crucifixion joke, I approve, because I made that joke too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

She took negotiation class and is making the first offer, the gently caress are they teaching them at Yale?

That was an ENORMOUS first offer too, what the gently caress

Jeff was really amused though, and that was great

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

It was a lot of stuff they don't need anymore, Jeff rightly called it a lowball

Sure but they could have started with far less.

Adding the coffee and poo poo was actually a drat lampshade on it.

"All the fishing gear" sounds like you at least think it's a big offer until you minimize it yourself by adding a bunch of other poo poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

how many times has Carl decided that they should make a big pot of rice lol

no wonder they almost ran out

Good for him. He ate, and it cost him nothing.

He's a dingus, though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Carl was robbed. :colbert: That's a production gently caress up.

It's definitely a gently caress up.

I kind of feel like they should have done a Jeopardy and afterwards say "the judges realize Carl's answer was a legitimate if unplanned solution, so here is a second immunity necklace tonight"

That would have been a fun twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I might be nuts but I thought I remember reading that Probst was down on this season and it's been the best season in a while so far so idgi

I can't imagine that any amount of stupid poo poo after this point still can't erase the great moments we've already had